Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

analog999

How to stop thinking about hockey

It consumes me and I waste a lot of valuable time thinking about it, watching it, reading about it and spending time on these boards.

I need to focus on my business and other things that will help me get to the point where I can play whenever I want because I don't have to work! What do you guys do to put hockey on the back burner and focus on the task at hand?

Have a wife, whom I got involved in hockey as well, so I don't think that helps. Yes, JR, I would love to get involved. How about ideas for hockey businesses or jobs in an area that has virtually no hockey... so far all I think I can do is sharpen some skates ;)

I find it very hard, and time when maybe i should do some work, ill come on here or read through the nhl site. It's discipline i suppose, i'm sure when it comes to it we all have to have the ability to say 'enough is enough'

I mean, there are times when I *have* to work that I can stop but as soon as I am back to the point where I can just do whatever (where I *should* be working on my business), I tend to think hockey. It's definitely an addiction.

I know what you mean analog. I dont work but in H.S. I will get a pass to the "counsler" during studyhall and then just go to the library and get on to modsquad. Maybe if hockey wasnt the best sport around it wouldnt be so addicting.

My kids (5 yr. & 3 yr. old boys) keep me busy in my spare time. Plus I own a business. I need to focus on my business but I find myself thinking about the next time I can get on the ice.

get a girl?

If you had a girl and a wife, then you'd be busy!

If you had a girl and a wife, you could get a lot of work done. The girl would assume you were with the wife, and vice versa.

;) (To steal an old engineering joke.)

That said, I have a hard time not thinking about hockey. It doesn't affect my work, but a lot of nights I lay awake thinking about the last game or the next one, things I want to try, etc etc. It also gives me something to think about when traffic stretches my commute to an hour or more. :P

Discipline in all things; think about what you have to when you have to, and reward yourself later by thinking about hockey or better yet playing it, when you have free time. It's all willpower--and the great thing about willpower is that if you think you can, you actually can.

extreme ironing is good.

I know exactly what you mean about being addicted to every aspect of it, and how you choose it over things you really know you shoul dbe doing, or occasionally things you have to get done.

Is there anyway you can apply hockey to your business or any transferable skills?