Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Ovie sporting a mirrored visor last night!

Mirrored visors, they aren't mirrored on the inside... I dont think?

P.S. I saw him wearing a clear visor the other night too.

A.O. Just Pick ONE! :P

Mirrored visors, they aren't mirrored on the inside... I dont think?

P.S. I saw him wearing a clear visor the other night too.

A.O. Just Pick ONE! :P

Some rinks are brighter than others. I can understand why he would need different ones in different rinks.

NYFF104040821_lower.jpg

Can the Kid make up his mind already?! Looks like he's back to the mirrored visor tonight against the Islanders.

Maybe it's mirrored on the white helmet, and smoked on the black one.

Well, if the different rinks means different visor theory is true, he should be fairly consistent with his home/black hemlet because he would almost always be wearing that one at the MCI Center...or is it Verizon Center? I can't keep up with arena sponser changes...especially at 3am after a night of drinking.

Guest Muck

For those of you obsessed, he was definitely sporting a mirrored visor tonight vs. Boston.

Ovie just hit the 100 point mark with his overtime goal against Boston.

...and he was as excited for Point #100 as he was for Point #1, and I'm sure he will be for #500, and #1000 if he gets that far.

...and he was as excited for Point #100 as he was for Point #1, and I'm sure he will be for #500, and #1000 if he gets that far.

When he gets that far is probably a safe statement.

When he gets that far is probably a safe statement.

The IF is more taking into account injury. I have no doubt if he stays healthy he will get to 1000 PTS.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages...01_1024x768.jpg

Here's the thing...I don't get what they have done. You can see through this shield...it is so not like the Itech version. Oakley obviously has found a way to make a mirrored shield which isn't exactly all mirrored...

It's almost as if they took a smoked visor and didn't put on quite as much of the reflective coating.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages...01_1024x768.jpg

Here's the thing...I don't get what they have done. You can see through this shield...it is so not like the Itech version. Oakley obviously has found a way to make a mirrored shield which isn't exactly all mirrored...

Quote from HFboards

Hey Guys... I work over at Oakley, and although The Hockey Company (CCM, Itech, Jofa, RBK) is the sole distributor of our visors now, Oakley makes them.

The visor that Ovechkin wore in the Montreal game was a Black Iridium Visor, made by Oakley of course and exclusive to Ovechkin. The "Iridium" is the mirror coating that goes on the visor to give it that reflective/mirror look. Ovechkin usually wears a 20% grey visor, which has no mirror coating on it all. Eric Weinrich wears a H.I. (High Intensity) Yellow visor when he plays.

It's just like their sunglasses, you can get some that have a mirrored look that you can still see through. I had an Itech HS22 mirrored, and you could still see my face like that if the lighting was right though.

He might have a ton of V130's and keeps using them whenever he runs out of V10.0's. It looked like Sundin was doign that with his Synergies. He'd had a blue, then a silver, etc..

He was also in a slump, guys tend to change things when they aren't scoring. Same thing for hockey players and their equipment.

sure it's not mirrored?

From tsn.ca Ice Chips:

Washington's Alexander Ovechkin, who swapped his smoked visor for a mirrored one this week, has an eight-game scoring streak - five goals, eight assists. He needs two goals and five points to become the second rookie to record 50 goals and 100 points. Teemu Selanne had 76 goals and 132 points for Winnipeg in 1992-93. - News and Observer

thats my local news paper

I use an Itech HS22 mirrored shield when I play at most rinks, particularly my home rink since it has very bright lighting. However, down the street at another rink the lighting isn't as good, plus the walls are darker so the puck can get lost as it comes up above board height. So, I'm purchasing an HS22 clear shield as well to use at that rink. The HS22 mirrored is great... you can somewhat see my eyes in the right lighting, but goalies and defensemen alike have told me how irritating it is not to see my eyes. I don't do much with the eyes, I look at blade position and the chest, but I guess most guys use the eyes.

The mirrored is great too for playing roller hockey outside in the lot at my complex, so no sunglasses required!