Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapamatt122

Question for people with multiple sets of gear?

I've read through posts here and at seems that quite a few people have multiple sets of the same piece of equipment.. for example, more than one pair of gloves, shoulder pads, pants, skates.. etc.. so my question is, what determines which piece of equipment you would wear at any given time? do you save the beefier stuff for games and wear the older, maybe less padded, gear for practice/pick-up? I have 2 sets of shoulder pads, one is newer and I wear those most often in games, but in pickups and whatnot, its either those, or I'll wear my older shouldies for sh*ts and giggles.

From what I've seen in my gear sanitizing business, the ones that have two sets usually are on different teams with different colors. So dupes are usually just helmets/gloves, not much else.

i play on 1 team and have 2 set of gloves. i for the most part wear my newer gloves( more protection) for games and my older gloves for practice.

I have two sets of equipment. One set is almost completely Easton and the other is almost completely THC. I use the THC stuff in my regular men's league and the Easton stuff for pickup. Both brands have proven to be extremely protective and versitile. The reason for the two sets is it saves wear and tear on each and I very rarely need to replace anything now a days. Now that both sets are worn in I am also very comfortable on the ice with them. Nothing worse than having to break in new equipment. It's just too stiff and restrictive when you first get it.

Ive got two shins and two elbows just cause i play so much pretty much 6 days of the week that its disgusting if i only had one. And i do air it out and all. Also i prefer one pair for ice and one pair for roller if that makes any difference.

I just have two sticks. That's my only multiple-equipment item. ;)

I am aiming to purchase a second helmet with a clear visor, however. Right now I have a white Bauer 4000 helmet with a mirrored HS22 shield, but I'm looking at getting a black Bauer 4000 with a clear HS22 shield for when I play in darker arenas. That's about the only duplicate item I'll purchase. Besides my sticks! B)

i have 3 pairs of gloves, 3 pairs of skates, and loads of sticks, all I use are are my 2 main sticks and my xx skates and tps hgt gloves. Everything else.....just incase. having two protective is pretty dumb imo.

I have some old stuff in a bag in the closet, mostly because I'm a pack rat and hate to throw away anything that is still useable.

I do have two 690 helmets and a pair each of S500s and Fuel AG 110s. I have my feuls and one helmet in my ref bag and one helmet and my S500s in my player bag.

I have like 6 pairs of skates cause I'm a skate whore. And I play pond hockey and pickup hockey and college hockey and men's senior A and beer league... I have difference needs in terms of how often to sharpen for all of them. I can't remember the last time I've sharpened my pond hockey skates.

I have some old stuff in a bag in the closet, mostly because I'm a pack rat and hate to throw away anything that is still useable.

Same here. I have some Mission Warp 4 gloves sitting in my closet that are 5+ years old that I'm likely never going to use again, but the palms are still decent and I COULD use them so I don't toss them. Same with my helmet, I have a Bauer 8000 with a visor I wear now but I just can't make myself toss my bauer 4000 with a cage that I wore for 4+ years because nobody wants to buy a stank ass sweaty helmet.

Ive got like 6 buckets, 8 or 9 pairs of gloves, 2 pairs of elbows, 2 pairs of pants, and a few pairs of ice/roller skates that I switch back and forth between the two often (oh, and multiple sticks). I basically have all of this because I love equipment. What determines what to wear that day, oh, i dunno, style maybe. I like to think of myself as the #1 stunna when it comes to equipment in the C-bus (many would probably agree). For the gloves I like to play with dry ones and as someone mentioned earlier when you play 5-7 times per week you need to rotate. The 2 pants I own, 1 has padding the others dont. Just a matter of if I want to be light on the ice or have some cushion to fall on. The buckets I just cant get rid of, only 1 of them is in any kind of decent shape. The skates, although I have many, I skate on the same pair a good 90% of the time. Sticks, I usually bring one composite, one wood. As much as I want to use composites there are days that I have stone hands and cant catch passes like I should unless Ive got a wood blade (always the same pattern though).

i just got some new rbk shins,shoulders and gloves and the mission bucket also. only thing i need to complete the full 2 sets is a pair of pants and elbow pads. but as it stands i have 4 skates,4 gloves,1 pant,2 shoulder,2 shin,2 helmets and 4 sticks(2-stealth,2-XXX lite) once i get the remaining gear i will probably use the rbk stuff for pickup till i get used too it and the stuff ive been using since i was lil for mens league hockey

I have an extra set of gloves and elbow pads for coaching,

and

an extra helmet, shin pads, and elbow pads for reffing

and a bunch of things because I'm a pack-rat:

3 extra pairs of gloves with shredded palms and torn gussets (from team-mates) that I haven't re-palmed yet

and

2 extra helmets from team-mates

and

2 combo facemasks that I haven't installed because I haven't had time / was too lazy

and

6 OPS-converted-to-tapered-shafts that I haven't gotten blades for yet

and

an extra set of shoulder pads and pants, about to go to the consignment or sports exchange store, because I just upgraded.