Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quintin

Best Skill Move

sometimes its also about keeping it simple. Saw a minor league game a few days ago, and it went to OT. not sure if the home team was trying to be fancy, but all three of their shooters never even got the shot off because they tried to 'dipsy-doodle' too much... the away team scored two, both with one deke and backhand

I like to use the toe drag and also the reverse toe drag where u fake the past and pull the puck through ur legs off my right foot since im left handed and drive to the net... on a breakaway i use the fake shot to the backhand top corner and i also like to pick the put up between my legs and the the 360 top corner.. those are the ones i use the most

I like to use the toe drag and also the reverse toe drag where u fake the past and pull the puck through ur legs off my right foot since im left handed and drive to the net... on a breakaway i use the fake shot to the backhand top corner and i also like to pick the put up between my legs and the the 360 top corner.. those are the ones i use the most

Wow! you really are dangles.

94 FORSBERG!!!!!!! serioule though....im 1/2 in the pentaly shot this year.....i also like to come in on an angle and fake spinorama and get the goalie out of posistion.....and also in the SO last year a cam in and ripped it and it went into his chest and knocked him in the net....he was only a small guy though

Wow! you really are dangles.

lol yea it helps i practice it alot at practice and then at drop in... i suggest anyone who has drop in or any pick up games around you try all the new moves you wanna use there and you'd be suprised how much it actually helps you

The toe drag has been called my signature move, but I've got a few more I'd call my "best". I'm right handed fyi. Put the puck way out to my right side, then take my left hand off the stick, pull the puck and stick behind me with my right hand, then grabbing the stick with my left hand behind my back to pull the puck to my left side. Works great if a guy is coming from the side and goes across your body.

Coming behind the net, drop the puck a little and step on it with the front end of my skate blade and drag it with you while the guys in front can't see me with the goalie there. Then when I come out from behind, fake a pass. The defense will think you still have the puck on your stick and since you don't you can really sell the fake pass. Then just kick the puck up and hit the open man.

Putting the toe of the blade on top of the puck and deking around with it like that or doing a spin aroma around a guy like that or faking a goalie like that.

Breakaways are a whole bunch more lol My absolute best is that one I saw in a shootout where the guy puts the stick between his legs, picks the puck up, then spins while pulling the puck up. Never done it in a real game but all the time in drop in

my favorite is coing in on a two on one do a no look shot, or no look pass. but if you no look shoot then make sure you hit the net . if youre smart and know where you are on the ice then youll be fine

I'm a big fan of coming down on a d-man and waiting for him to commit and trying to put it low corner.

Or If on a clean cut breakaway

I'll come in and clearly show backhand if the goalie bites cut hard to my forehand and slide it 5-hole or chip it top glove. If not backhand it somewhere near the net. lol.

I keep it simple..

.. Which keeps my coaches happy :)

I usually just do a wide deke on either side. Works well.

Honestly, I am a power forward. I don't have any finese.

Got to love the Ovechkin moves...work just about 95% of the time. Only in roller hockey though b/c I'd get f'd up doin any of that in ice hockey. One of my favorite moves ice and roller.....Right hand shot, coming down the left wing if I know I don't have the room to go around the defender I slam on the brakes facing towards the slot, then draw the defender in while I wait for the trailer to hit for the seam pass, haha of course usually nobody is there, so I fake like I'm going to skate up towards the blue line, then slam on the brakes again, then do a little toe drag back between the defenders legs...smoothe as butter...Man I can just see it now....works every time...highly recommended

and also in the SO last year a cam in and ripped it and it went into his chest and knocked him in the net....he was only a small guy though

Duck Tales.

If you got hit with Charas shot in the chest, the puck would not move you. It would simeply bounce off.

For skills comps penalty shot challenge, stick handle widely. stick handle to two hands on your forhand then out to one hand on your back hand. Now for the move, one handed michigan on the back hand and then throw it over the goalies shoulder. Learnt the move from Dave Rutherford of Seattle.

*lefty* come in on left side, toe drag from left to right, fake shot right, kick back left, slide 'er in down low. big fan of the straght toe drag also, or fake shot, one deke to backhand.

This isnt skill, its a cirus move. You "spear" the puck (put the toe on your stick ont he top of the puck) and it is really easy to move the puck, you go on a break away and just have the goalie go crazy. In a game (non checking only, or you will get killed) its fun to just go around people doing this.

^ Yeah I was trying to describe that in mine, you did a much better job explaining it. Do a spin-a-roma with the puck like that, works like a charm.

Also, I've done something similar on a breakaway. Put the butt end ontop of the puck and handle it like you said (don't change where your hands are on the stick). The goalie will relax cause he's thinking "wtf?!". Then push it out to the left (RH shot), pull it in right, and as you pull it back towards you swing your stick from that position and its like you wound up for a slap shot. Goalie won't know what the hell happened

Stumble over the blueline, fall to my arse, fan on the puck, but it still goes in because the goalie is dying laughing at my effort, so takes his eye of the puck, which stops approximately 2cm inside the goal line

I'd a D-level guy that plays among better players, so I rarely get to make any moves..

Going against a D-man.. (I'm RH)

About the only thing that gives me any space against the better players is this: I skate hard down the LW side. I bury my head a little to sell the idea that I'm trying to beat him wide. When he moves to close the gap, I pull the puck on to my backhand, move it across my body and wide to my forehand, while making a hard cut on my right outside edge. If it's done right, I still have some momentum and and I can drive the net with space to take a shot or dish a pass before the D can recover.

Tricks to making it work: 1) You have to make the D think you're going wide. 2) You have to keep the puck close to your feet. 3) You've gotta cut hard so that the move is quick, but at the same time you can't burn off too much momentum or good defender will quickly re-close the gap. 4) You also have to complete the cut with your body in a position to take a quick first step out of the turn.

guys here is the deke that will get all the girls going "OOOOO"

(this is only in shootout skill comp/screwing around..only place i think it is legal)

me being right handed.. i come down the LW slightly...cut in to the middle of the rink at about the hashmarks i flip the puck up..catch it with my right hand...still gliding to the right side of the rink.. i throw it through my legs to my stick...at this point either the goalie is all the way to the right so i can just use my backhand and one hand it or i can put my right hand on the stick and fake forehand then go back;)

that would have been a 10 out of 10 in this years all star shoot out

but really in games you give the goalie the fake shot..sometimes all it takes is turning ur blade go back hand...if u have him beat shoot it..if he follows..just stop and go backforehand.

not my fanciest move by any strectch, but a pretty good one to pull one-on-one...im a righty, come down the right wing, pull the puck with your toe like you are going to pull it through your skates (behind your right heel)and shift weight to the middle of the ice (that is the big sell, you gotta get the d-man shifting to the middle) then pop the puck off of the outside of your right skate (rather than going through the gap in your legs) and beat him wide.