Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Best saw for cutting sticks

use a fine toothed hack saw. any brand should do fine. i think it's more about taking your time and cutting smothly

Looks a little pricey for cutting sticks.

Well, I use it for cutting more than just sticks. There are a lot of cheaper (although smaller and not as powerful) ones out there, but if you're going to use it for anything else, then I wouldn't get a cheaper one.

be careful and instead of sawing all the way through; saw around the outside first. That way you don't chip pieces off the stick, plus it helps you keep a straight line.

For comp. shafts, Dremels work great (it's a little handheld rotary tool). I just used one on my new Dolomite OPS the other day. Like a hot knife through butter. The only problem is you have to have fairly stable hands because it's handheld, so there's no guide to ensure a straight cut other than your own manual dexterity.

i use a dewalt miter saw with a 12" 100 tooth blade. only takes a few seconds. i also use it to build cabinets and other woodworking projects.