Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vapor

Cigars

Nothing too special sitting in the hume at the moment. Just a couple of Romeo y Julietas and a Siglo I sitting in there waiting for graduation day. Just 12 more days!

I had a "cuban" the other day that my friend's sister got in Mexico, it was pretty bad. My friend's pretty into cigars so I usually smoke different ones that he has.

What kind of "cuban" was it.

They usually put made in X stickers on it or something like that. www.puroexpress.com has by far the best prices on cuban cigars and they are all 100% authentic. There are a lot of fakes out there. They have some great specials going on now.

I've got some angel 100's ready for the summer, some leftover original cubanos and Mr. B's from winter. I borrowed a nice maduro from my dad this weekend while was washing the car, don't know what it was but it was nice.

Old thread, reviving it because I'm looking for info on these cigars.

Macanudo 1968

Are these any good at all? There's a deal to get 3 for $8 ($2.67/ea)- is that a price worth going after?

www.macanudo1968.com

Not a fan of Macanudo - mass production doesn't do it for me.

Are they a better cigar though? I've never smoked anything but a gas station $1 cigar and was looking for something decent. I figured for $3, 9 bucks from my pocket is worth it.

I have no idea how much a cigar should cost, or anything really.

Pick up an Onyx Black. Very, very nice. Nicaraguan and mexican blend i think.

Onyxs are good, and pretty light on the wallet.

I haven't had that Mac, it seems to be somewhat limited though.

Pick up an Onyx Black. Very, very nice. Nicaraguan and mexican blend i think.

Seconded. I had a few Torpedos of their Reserves this summer. Very enjoyable and flavorful.

As far as Cubans go, the Romeo y Julieta is usually overlooked but I find a lot of Cohibas with loads of mold on them, and a lot of shady merchants try to pass the Dominican Cohiba as Cuban... :angry:

--nick--

I agree with you, Romeo y Julieta's are excellent. When I was in the Air Force we used to smuggle them back form the middle east when we were deployed there; they sell them in UAE and Saudi Arabia.

Macanudo 1968

Are these any good at all? There's a deal to get 3 for $8 ($2.67/ea)- is that a price worth going after?

www.macanudo1968.com

Sometimes with cigars price will actually give you a good indication. If you're used to $1 gas station cigars then these will probably be better than that, but I'd actually head to a cigar shop and tell them what you like and your budget and they will help you find a few to try. That's how you'll find a favorite that you'll keep going back to.

I've spent $30+ on a top rated cigar by CA but unless you smoke a lot you won't notice much difference between that and a decent $4 or $5 cigar. There are lots of good ones out there - it's fun to find them.

Macanudo 1968

www.macanudo1968.com

Sometimes with cigars price will actually give you a good indication. If you're used to $1 gas station cigars then these will probably be better than that, but I'd actually head to a cigar shop and tell them what you like and your budget and they will help you find a few to try. That's how you'll find a favorite that you'll keep going back to.

I've spent $30+ on a top rated cigar by CA but unless you smoke a lot you won't notice much difference between that and a decent $4 or $5 cigar. There are lots of good ones out there - it's fun to find them.

That's the thing, I really have no idea what I like, if anything. I don't really know where any cigar shops are around here. I'm new to the area, west suburbs of Philly.

What makes a starter cigar? Mild, light flavors?

bumping an old thread.........

Just smoked a J. Fuego 777. Awesome cigar.

+1 for revival. Still craving a true Cohiba...I need to get back to Aruba.