Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosskore

Books

I was disgusted by B f C. I'm not a huge fans of guns or anything, and Charleston Heston is not my president, but I thought the movie was tacky and done in poor taste. As soon as he started showing the actual footage of Columbine, I turned it off.

It's even more interesting when he finally admitted he made up a lot of the stuff in BfC. Moore's more interested in making money than telling any type of truth.

The one where he made a big stink about Disney censoring him by not releasing it before he finally admitted making that up?

I just did an intensive book report on Slaughterhouse Five for my AP Am. Lit class. I really liked reading the book, and I learned a lot in the research phase. Some crazy shit happened in Dresden.

S.E. Hinton, Lord of the Flies is probably my favorite book ever written, and I really enjoyed the Outsiders and most of the other books.

Tolkien, LOTR was written extremely well and I think the movies, as great as they were, were still nothing compared to the books.

Tom Clancy, Gotta love Rainbow 6 and Hunt For Red October

Stephen King, the king of horror stories.

Moore is a frecking dumbass.

I really respect your opinion; it reflects you are highly capable of being a critic of literature based on your fine vocabulary and spelling accuracy. I take it you haven’t read his books, I do find some of his stuff controversial, however, he does raise some good points.

I really respect your opinion; it reflects you are highly capable of being a critic of literature based on your fine vocabulary and spelling accuracy. I take it you haven’t read his books, I do find some of his stuff controversial, however, he does raise some good points.

:lol: it's just too much! You're a perfect candidate to line Money Moore's pockets. This coming from someone that can't spell warranty, and uses the accent grave to join his contractions? Do tell...

Moore is the freaking ebay of writers.. there'll always be someone that buys what he's selling.

Thought I'd bring this topic out from the past. I have lately been reading a lot of Patricia Cornwell's "Scarpetta novels". They mainly deal with forensics and are basically CSI in a book.

Cormac McCarthy- Blood Meridian

Anything by George Orwell, too.

Worst book ever?

The Gret Game of Business, by Jack Stack. Ass, total ass.

I'm surprised I haven't seen Jack London yet.

The Call of the Wild, White Fang, and The Sea Wolf were all great books in my opinion.

Dude - I was totally going to say that! "Call..." is my favourite book, along with Jack K's haikus.

The three J's - Jack London, Jack Kerouac, John Dos Passos.

With Bill Bryson thrown in for comic effect.

If any of you like fantasy, I strongly suggest George R.R. Martin. A Song of Ice & Fire is my favorite series ever. A lot of other good authors mentionned.

I have to read a book called Angelas Ashes for grade 12 english. Its such a bad book. I swear an 8 year old wrote it. No quotation marks or anything. Is the author retarded or what? I hate how so many things that suck are "So amazing" in the world. Sometimes I just dont understand whats so great about some of this stuff the schools make us study.