Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KYHockey3

2007 MLB Thread

Roger pitches tonight after that horrible start over the weekend.

The bigger stories are

1) Giambi's back today

2) Joba Chamberlain has been called up.

Joba's minor league line this year. 88.1ip 62h 24er 4hr 27bb 135k 1.57go/ao .198baa

Chances are he's going to get used like 96 Rivera or 2002 KRod. Two inning bridge to the closer 2-3x a week.

The bigger stories are

1) Giambi's back today

Joba's minor league line this year. 88.1ip 62h 24er 4hr 27bb 135k 1.57go/ao .198baa

Chances are he's going to get used like 96 Rivera or 2002 KRod. Two inning bridge to the closer 2-3x a week.

i haven't heard much about that kid, but from the little i HAVE heard, he is going to be very very good. plus he's got the sickest name i've ever heard. damn, another yankee i might have to like.

The bigger stories are

1) Giambi's back today

i haven't heard much about that kid, but from the little i HAVE heard, he is going to be very very good. plus he's got the sickest name i've ever heard. damn, another yankee i might have to like.

He's a good story. His dad had polio and has limited use of his left side. After high school he went and plowed fields and just enrolled in a community college. Pitched well there, went to UN-L and was great.

Native american, married with a kid. Every interview I've seen he's been super level-headed and respectful, even to Kim Jones.

The bigger stories are

1) Giambi's back today

He's a good story. His dad had polio and has limited use of his left side. After high school he went and plowed fields and just enrolled in a community college. Pitched well there, went to UN-L and was great.

Native american, married with a kid. Every interview I've seen he's been super level-headed and respectful, even to Kim Jones.

wow, he's only 22 as well, good for him.

Roger was dominant tonight before getting tossed.

Joba: 2ip 1h 0r 2bb 2k

Every fastball was at least 96, hit 99 2-3 times, and has a sick slider.

i dont think this should be on a hockey website

it's in the "miscellaneous discussions" forum. look around, look at some other titles in this forum. at least this one pertains to sports.

He pitched a great game until he got tossed, but i agree with clemens getting tossed, because both teams got a warning after Towers intentionally hitting A-rod

He pitched a great game until he got tossed, but i agree with clemens getting tossed, because both teams got a warning after Towers intentionally hitting A-rod

A-Rod is a such a vagina, I respect his baseball abilities but man it is really hard to take the guy seriously, he just seems like a massive loser. Even when he gets mad he looks like a dork.

See Rios take the ball in the numbers? That's how you do it, you got a problem charge the mound, otherwise keep your mouth shut and take your base.

Towers had some pretty good quotes about Pena after the game, I'll give the guy credit for being a good interview, too bad about the whole pitching thing though, that isn't turning out so well for him.

Um, the thing is it was over Monday when they threw behind him and missed.

When you do it again, that's when it's crossing the line. Especially when you throw at a knee.

And to have Matt Stairs take a run at ARod TWICE was hilarious. What a scrub. He calmed down right away when Shelley Duncan cut him off the second time the benches cleared. And the fact that Farnsworth was walking around the entire thing the second time.

Um, the thing is it was over Monday when they threw behind him and missed.

When you do it again, that's when it's crossing the line. Especially when you throw at a knee.

And to have Matt Stairs take a run at ARod TWICE was hilarious. What a scrub. He calmed down right away when Shelley Duncan cut him off the second time the benches cleared. And the fact that Farnsworth was walking around the entire thing the second time.

Yeah throwing down at the knee is a little questionable, but I disagree that it was over when Litsch (I think) threw behind A-Rod the first time, c'mon the kid looks like he is 15, I doubt he was even trying to hit him. If A-Rod wasn't a complete waldo out there yelling 'hey' rounding the bases or trying to slap the ball away like a schoolgirl, he wouldn't have to worry about getting plunked in the knee.

Stairs is/was a pretty serious hockey player, and he is Canadian, so let's be clear that he would have kicked anyone's ass out there, haha. Especially Farnsworth, looks like the poor guy is gonna burst into tears everytime he takes the mount at home, what's he gonna do?

Clemens definitely rebounded after that absolutely disgusting previous start. He was completely dominant.

Speaking of dominant goes right into talking about Joba. That kid is going to be gold wherever (starter/closer) he ends up pitching. His slider is almost faster then any other Yankee starters fastball (a testament to his amazing abilities and the yanks starting pitching, that second one in a bad way obviously). He can either be a great starter, or a dominant closer. How many other guys start the year at Class A and then are in the majors before the end of july? Incredible

As for Towers, it's disgusting for him to say anything to Pena. Towers is a 5th starter at best, and Pena was a multiple time All-Star.

It was great to watch everyone miraculously calm down as soon as Duncan started getting involved haha

Joba will NOT be seeing the bullpen after this year. He has four pitches, you don't waste that in the pen. This was just done because his innings cap was 125-135 so they're going to have him pitch another 40 or so out of the pen.

He's not as good as Hughes yet in the fact Hughes can hit spots all day, but Joba has better stuff. Which is saying a lot since the only guy in the minors they said had stuff close to Hughes' was Bailey.

Also, Ian Kennedy's not that bad either, he often gets overlooked due to Phil/Joba. Ian also started in A ball with Joba this year.

128.2ip 78h 25er 5hr 44bb 148k

Alan Horne can be brought up too since he was a former first round pick who didn't sign, had TJS, and is now back to full-strength. He just has pitched all year at AA with the horrible trenton defense around him.

125.1ip 121h 37er 6hr 41bb 137k

There just won't be room for Clemens on this team next year if he doesn't finally retire.

I think I'll attribute Joba's two walks in his debut to it being his debut.

tonight, 2ip 0h 0er 0r 0bb 4k 21 pitches

Great move by the Sox getting Gagne, but they gave up too much.

If he keeps pitching the way he has these first 10 days, it sure is starting to look that way!

He's lucky he hasn't been doing this at Fenway -- I don't think they'd be too patient.

Great move by the Sox getting Gagne, but they gave up too much.

If he keeps pitching the way he has these first 10 days, it sure is starting to look that way!

He's lucky he hasn't been doing this at Fenway -- I don't think they'd be too patient.

I watched the game tonight, his velocity is about 3-4mph down from when I saw him in May. It makes that change WAY less effective.

Francona didn't throw the pitches to make them lose tonight, but he didn't put them in a position to win.

Well, Sox fans really won't be loving Gagne after last night. Just wondering, whats the current state of Red Sox Nation now that the lead is down to just 4 games?

Next seasons rotation I see as: Wang, Pettite, Hughes, Chamberlain, Mussina

Possible Yankee Rotation to start off the new Stadium in 2009: Santana, Wang, Hughes, Chamberlain, Kennedy... the house that pitching built

its incredible how much the farm system has turned around, because that list doesn't even inlcude Horne, Betances, or about 4 other quality arms. Those will probably be traded off for position players though.