Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sc37

Shockdoctor Bag

Saw the ad in USA Hockey magazine. Any info about it, when is it out, how much...my gear doesn't stink that bad, but curious. Think it might be a little easier and maybe safer than hooking up my own ozone gerneator.

Wheel bag, 40". MSRP $129.99. Power pack MSRP $59.99.

Will be product of the year. I have a dozen pre-sold already!

They just came in on the boat from China. Will hit the stores real soon. Expect $30-40 shipping costs for you online shoppers.

I heard about this like 6 months ago on a goalie forum. 6 months later I am still unclear about this product and when they come out. lol

i saw the ad (i have a ccm bag the same dimensions) and i went during intermission (finals game 2) and packed my gear the way it is in the bag.

suprisingly, i had just come back from a school awards ceremony where i got the award for highest grade in biology, so the ad kinda stunned me.

i like it because it has firm sides and compartments, it won't flop around and smash your gear like most bags.

I am sure I will get a bunch of crap for this but:

I think it is one of the dumbest things I have seen in a while.

1) Price

2) Potential size (one of my cars is a Honda and if my bag was not plyable I could not squish it in the trunk opening)

3) What are you going to do when the bag rips/ breaks?

4) ect...

Here is my novel idea...Remove your equipment from your bag and hang it up! I do, and the only piece of gear that I have to touch with Fabreeze is my gloves. Nothing else smells at all. Of course your dirty jerseys, jock, and under shirts need to make it to the wash after each use too. If you are too lazy to take the gear out of your bag (or your car for that matter), what makes you think you are going to hook up the blower to the bag?

BTW: I hope the retailers here at MSH sell a ton (and that the mark-up is good for you too ;) )

I am sure I will get a bunch of crap for this but:

I think it is one of the dumbest things I have seen in a while.

1) Price

2) Potential size (one of my cars is a Honda and if my bag was not plyable I could not squish it in the trunk opening)

3) What are you going to do when the bag rips/ breaks?

4) ect...

Here is my novel idea...Remove your equipment from your bag and hang it up! I do, and the only piece of gear that I have to touch with Fabreeze is my gloves. Nothing else smells at all. Of course your dirty jerseys, jock, and under shirts need to make it to the wash after each use too. If you are too lazy to take the gear out of your bag (or your car for that matter), what makes you think you are going to hook up the blower to the bag?

BTW: I hope the retailers here at MSH sell a ton (and that the mark-up is good for you too ;) )

That is only partially effective. Hanging equipment simply makes the bacteria go dormant. As soon as you sweat again, it comes back alive and the colony continues to grow. The SD bag actually kills the bacteria with ionized air, as well as drying the equipment fast. I don't know about you, but I play 4 days in a row and even though I hang it, it is still wet for the next skate. So, the sweet thing about the SD bag is you can remove odors and dry it fast.

A good regular wheel bag goes for about $90, so the SD bag is not that much more expensive. Plus, I've seen these bags and inspected them, they are going to hold up very well.

how heavy is the bag?

it doesnt seem to me like it would be very leightweight

I cannot give you a weight in pounds, however, it is heavy. I picked it up, but more importantly, I wondered how I was going to get it into the back of my SUV. The sucker is THAT BIG!

I think because it is semi-rigid, it justs looks bigger. Besides, big seems to be the trend now-a-days. We sell a LOT of 40" wheel bags. My 44" Itech fits fine in the back of my Honda (Element :-)

This bag won't be for everyone for sure, some refuse to use wheel bags, others like small.

I lay my stuff out after each skate and it still gets funky...I don't think a bag would do the trick, didn't see any santizing features, just airflow...if you already have bacteria in your glove...it doesn't change...

I too would worry about spending that much on a bag..only once have I put out more than $40 for one, a CCM that broke apart in a few weeks..I'd spend the money on a dehumidifier if going that route

Meh, who needs to air kit out? I just leave mine in my bag zipped up til my next skate. Nothing beats the feeling of wet kit against ur skin.

Last year on hockey camp i had green mould on my gloves by the end of the two weeks. :angry:

I lay my stuff out after each skate and it still gets funky...I don't think a bag would do the trick, didn't see any santizing features, just airflow...if you already have bacteria in your glove...it doesn't change...

I too would worry about spending that much on a bag..only once have I put out more than $40 for one, a CCM that broke apart in a few weeks..I'd spend the money on a dehumidifier if going that route

Think the sanitizing feature was the ozone or ionized air going thru it.

Well now I know it's coming soon...idk if I'd buy it since my gear isn't too stinky, I do air it out, and do my own sprays...but it's a lot more convient when I wind up playing consecutive days...summer is coming too and the humidity makes for longer dry times. But then again, that's $$$$

The bag not only blows warm or cool air, it blows ionized charged air. Basically same effect as ozone, it kills bacteria and odors.

What I plan to do with mine is get an 12v to 110v invertor at wall mart. I'll use this to power the power pack. This way, my bag never has to leave the car! When I'm done hockey, put the bag in the back, plug the hose in and wha-la, dry gear next time I need it. Then during the 1/2 hr ride to the rink on those cold winter mornings, it'll warm it up nice. :D

What I plan to do with mine is get an 12v to 110v invertor at wall mart. I'll use this to power the power pack. This way, my bag never has to leave the car! When I'm done hockey, put the bag in the back, plug the hose in and wha-la, dry gear next time I need it.

Jimmy my man, I think you might be the exception to the rule. Right about the time I killed my car battery in the middle of winter and was running late because of it, I think that whole master plan would go out the window. But seriously, I hope you guys make a mint on these. :)