Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sc37

Shockdoctor Bag

I'm concerned about the size of the SD bag. How much smaller is the ref bag? I don't wear shoulder pads or hockey pants because I play moslty roller hockey, so would the ref bag be big enough?

I saw it but not sure of the actual dimensions. If you don't use SP's or pants, the ref bag may just work. They take up the most room.

This is hockey ain't it? Hockey gear stinks... get use to it. Getting ripped off by some new gizmo is gonna change the fact that there is a smell to hockey.

Stop being lazy! Open your bags, air the gear out and when you mama boys can't take the smell anymore spray it with something the smells like flowers.

If you really must do something about the smell try putting cedar wood chips on the bottom of your bag and in your gloves ect....

This is hockey ain't it? Hockey gear stinks... get use to it. Getting ripped off by some new gizmo is gonna change the fact that there is a smell to hockey.

Stop being lazy! Open your bags, air the gear out and when you mama boys can't take the smell anymore spray it with something the smells like flowers.

If you really must do something about the smell try putting cedar wood chips on the bottom of your bag and in your gloves ect....

Yea, what's up with this sport, you wussy's need to wear Bobby Orr Rally skates, real hockey skates, heavy steel, not these superlight power wonders that do all the skating for you. Oh yea, real hockey players use wood sticks too. :D

what I want to know is, How long does it take for a crop of Granite to grow?

But seriously, this bag is the ultimate gimmic. Someone earlier hit it right on the head--if you won't take your gear out to let it dry, then what are the chances that you will take the time to plug in the fan...ERRRR...Ozone Unit...and hook it to the bag that you are too lazy to empty out? I think most would benifit from taking that money they would spend on this bag and invest it in a power skating class or somthing.

But seriously, this bag is the ultimate gimmic. Someone earlier hit it right on the head--if you won't take your gear out to let it dry, then what are the chances that you will take the time to plug in the fan...ERRRR...Ozone Unit...and hook it to the bag that you are too lazy to empty out? I think most would benifit from taking that money they would spend on this bag and invest it in a power skating class or somthing.

Come on now, a gimmic is a skate that claims to make you go faster. :o The truth is, the bag works, ozone works, and you will see so many of these out there it aint funny. Hockey players want dry equipment, and except for those living in Nevada, hockey equipment does not dry easily on it's own. This bag makes it easy to dry your equipment fast. It will be great for the player who plays 4 or more times a week in the cold of winter. But it's the wives and moms who will cherrish the odor removing function. They are the target buyer, not the average hockey player who could care less if their equipment stinks. Still, based on the number of ozone deoderizings I do each and every week, I'm pretty confident this "gimmic" will sell. But I think SD is going about it's advertising all wrong, they should be saying it weighs 10 grams lighter than the competition's bag, now that's the ticket.

How did you get one in the store? Did you have the blower as well?Shock Doctor keeps saying they are waiting for them to clear customs....until at least Sept.

Any opinions on the whole setup?

Yes, the display is in my store with the blower. It was a bitch to install but it has a cardboard poster explaining the bag and the bag hangs straight down on the rack with the blower. Will snap a pic tomorrow.

But I think SD is going about it's advertising all wrong, they should be saying it weighs 10 grams lighter than the competition's bag, now that's the ticket.

Post of the year!!

Seriously, I'm going to look into this bag. When I play in tournaments I can never get my gear dry between games. This sounds ideal.

in the winters, gear does not dry, especially when i air it out in the garage. i have one of these bags on order, eta is sometime in late september.

i can only hope it works, i have about 4 sets of gear in my garage, and the wife isnt getting any happier about the smell... :)

But seriously, this bag is the ultimate gimmic.  Someone earlier hit it right on the head--if you won't take your gear out to let it dry, then what are the chances that you will take the time to plug in the fan...ERRRR...Ozone Unit...and hook it to the bag that you are too lazy to empty out?  I think most would benifit from taking that money they would spend on this bag and invest it in a power skating class or somthing.

Come on now, a gimmic is a skate that claims to make you go faster. :o The truth is, the bag works, ozone works, and you will see so many of these out there it aint funny. Hockey players want dry equipment, and except for those living in Nevada, hockey equipment does not dry easily on it's own. This bag makes it easy to dry your equipment fast. It will be great for the player who plays 4 or more times a week in the cold of winter. But it's the wives and moms who will cherrish the odor removing function. They are the target buyer, not the average hockey player who could care less if their equipment stinks. Still, based on the number of ozone deoderizings I do each and every week, I'm pretty confident this "gimmic" will sell. But I think SD is going about it's advertising all wrong, they should be saying it weighs 10 grams lighter than the competition's bag, now that's the ticket.

Spoken like a true salesman. All your missing are the trial close and the 6 other closes...

I'm sure it will sell. I wonder, though, will it hurt the 'deoderizer' business?

Anyone use this yet and have any updates on how it preforms?

Also, does anyone know if the SD bags are on backorder?

My ref bag isnt in yet so i was wondering

I've used mine for about 2 months now....and my overall opinion is that it's good. At, $150+, not awesome and not poor. The bag is huge as it requires the full inner space to have air flow. SD is coming out with a smaller bag shortly (32" vs. 40"). But each piece of equipment has a spot, so real easy to unpack and pack. The blower will dry your items much faster and less order than just air dry. I usually dry for the 3 hours with the blower, then just open the zippers and let the stuff air out. It's so roomy, that it's just like taking stuff out of your normal bag. One word of caution - the bag barely fits in a normal car size trunk due to height and length. So far, it's been very durable and shows very little sign of wear.

I have heard the bags are on backorder, but then I have heard that some stores have them from the first production run.

If I were marketing this bag, one of the useful features that I would highlight is that the user would not leave stuff behind after airing it out.

The players who don't air out their equipment wouldn't be the target audience, anyway.

I find it hard to believe the bag came without instructions and their website can't help at all.

Thockey, I have it and the thing is a beast. It does take the smell out and the ref bag is small (which I like), and fits roller gear perfect. My parents dont complain about me keeping my stuff in my room anymore