Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastmiele

Aaron Ward's hockey sticks

I was watching the Canes and Oilers hockey game and the hockey commenter did a close up of his hockey stick and said its his last shaft and Easton no longer made his shaft. It was a green shaft and from all the pictures I have seen its an older green Easton Ultra Lite. They took a snap shot in the change room and the nameplate was Handzus. Apparently they said they went into stores and found 12 retail models so he might be okay. Wouldn't the black ultra lite be available to him?

http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ward4ks.jpg

They were Handzus'. They didn't make them for him anymore but they found some of them at a LHS. That's why they said he was on his last stick.

Thats kind of weird.....you figure easton would just pump some more out for him...guess he isnt top material for special sticks....

Zach

He was looking for green 120 flex ULs. Easton didn't have any so that's why they were looking at retail stores.

Damn, Mack, you could've hooked a brother up.

I can't believe Easton can't find any pro stock 120 flex Ultra Lites. How about Zdeno Chara or Alexei Yashin ? Don't they use 120 flex Ultra Lites ?

If I was on my last shaft I would have to baby it and not slash/hack at opponents (which is not good for him because he is a defensive defenseman). Come on, help a brother out.

Where would u find 120 flex ultra lites at retail stores? Never seen anything above 110. Plus i could have sworn the shaft said Handzus - 100 flex. But whatever.

I thought 120 Flex Ultralites were marked as Cyclones, like Chara's were

Most of the ones I've seen were painted as cyclones but I recall seeing a few UL 120s. Those were the old brown ones from the Bears though.

Found them in a store in New Jersey.

I thought Handzus used Z-Cores?

He's probably experienced the Shanny effect. He couldn't find anymore and was forced to switch.

Zeus used the Z-Core in the 03-04 season, then this year experimented between the 06 UL Grip, UL, an XXX-Lite shaft, a RbK shaft, and I'm not sure about any more.

I use an UL 85 flex. Guess he wouldn't want that one...not to mention I'm chering for Edmonton so I wouldn't let it go anyway!

Oil have their work cut out for them...not looking good.