Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

What curve do you use for ball?

I was just wondering what curves most people use for ball hockey? I used to use the inno McCarty but ive just got an Ak27 blade with the weight curve.

What about you guys?

Anything i can find, two-piece wood, ops, don't matter it's ball hcokey, it's all for fun, but recently i have been using nike quest 2 shaft with a koho Mario lemieux blade

Tried the Easton Gaborik - great shot but couldn't stickhandle with it.

Tried the Easton Lidstrom - great for 1-timers and stickhandling but couldn't keep my shots or long passes low.

Now I'm using the TPS Sundin curve (looks almost exactly like the Inno Mccarty) and I'm liking it a lot so far. I might try the RBK Amonte when I find the 3Ks in stock at a local Sportchek.

a toe curve.... Smyth curve i guess... haven't played w/ a ball in awhile but I remember liking toe curves

how the smyth look like? what brand? do you have a photo? thanks

Used to use Toe-curves ala Coffey.

But after recently seeing the Rbk Pronger P32 curve, I made the switch and loveing it.

It can best be descriped as a rounded heel-curve. search "pronger" and you'll find a topic with a decent pic.

Indoors I use the 5K blade, and outdoors I use the 3K RB.

a toe curve.... Smyth curve i guess... haven't played w/ a ball in awhile but I remember liking toe curves

how the smyth look like? what brand? do you have a photo? thanks

Smyth is a Warrior curve

kovalchuk.mod.top.jpg

That is the best picture I have. Warriorhockey.com has a closer view of it.

The cheapest most durable thing I can find

same with me.

anyone can shoot a ball good with any curve. thats why i think ball hockey is stupid. a ball is toon easy to shoot .

Right now I'm using a Gaborik M-1 until my new blade and gloves come in today or tomorrow...

But when they do I'll be back to my old curve. RbK IW (illegal wedge)

I use an Iginla and love it! cant go back to anything else really.

Just wondering how close the weight and iginla are because most say weight is a heel wedge but its really just a toned down version of the inno McCarty?

Tried the Easton Lidstrom - great for 1-timers and stickhandling but couldn't keep my shots or long passes low.

Now I'm using the TPS Sundin curve (looks almost exactly like the Inno Mccarty) and I'm liking it a lot so far. I might try the RBK Amonte when I find the 3Ks in stock at a local Sportchek.

I thought the sundin would be alot deeper than the McCarty? I haven't seen the sundin before though so i may be wrong.

I use the biggest curve I can get. I started off on roller and switched to ice. I used a coffey curve back then and kind of tried to transistion it into ice (not the best curve for ice IMO).

I could wing a ball like none other with that curve though..

Now I'm using the TPS Sundin curve (looks almost exactly like the Inno Mccarty) and I'm liking it a lot so far.  I might try the RBK Amonte when I find the 3Ks in stock at a local Sportchek.

I thought the sundin would be alot deeper than the McCarty? I haven't seen the sundin before though so i may be wrong.

Yeah I thought the Sundin would be a lot deeper and identical to the Gaborik but it looks exactly like the McCarty -- my friend got an Inno McCarty and I put it side by side and it was the same.

I'm about to start using RBK 1K blades which I was informed that you can use a heat gun on and mold it by hand to your desired curve.

You can do that to practically any wood blade out there. It messes with the durability factor, though. I love the curve on my 1K blade though, it's pure gold.

You guys tape your stick for ball hockey? Ive found it makes the ball stick to the blade when stickhandling

I tape my stick blade for roller and leave the tape when I'm screwing around with a ball; doesn't seem to stick. Try matting the tape down with a puck to get rid of some of the stickiness of the (some hockey tapes are stickier)tape... Either that or STOP USING FRICTION TAPE FOR ROLLER :P