Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quintin

Who's seen the Stanley Cup?

I kissed it when the Devils won in '95. They brought it to a restaurant that was part owned by Ken Daneyko. It was basically a party for the fans and the team and as they walked around showing the cup to everyone, I leaned over and kissed it.

I saw it in the HHOF and my dad got to skate w/ it after a Senior league game at around midnight. it was the year the stars won the cup so it was in dallas and the handlers happened to be at the game so they let the whole team skate with the cup.

Three times...once in Miami in 1996, last year in Orlando and two years ago in Toronto. Also have had the Turner Cup (IHL) but I partied with that one...

I've held it over my head.

This is one of the things I disagree with. Unless you've won it you shouldn't raise it above your heaD, IMHO. Players wait their entire lives to lift the cup and winning it is not easy. Why should just anyone be allowed to raise it over their heads?

I've seen the Stanley Cup (both the real thing plus the replica they put on display at the HHOF when the Cup's on tour) about half a dozen times. I've seen it at the HHOF and at the Pengrowth Saddledome.

Saw the cup at the HHOF, saw it one time when it came to Halifax, then saw it when Dallas won the cup and Jon Sim brought it to New Glasgow (all my family lives there) and when the Devils won the cup Colin White brought it back to New Glasgow and saw it there to.

Daneyko brought it here in NJ. He gave me the chance to lift it over my head, even as a nine year old I told him I'm not touching it till I win it.

saw it a couple times, I would never hold it over my head...sacrilege...

-'94 when Messier brought it to Tampa, spent some time with it in the locker room before the game (chillin with Mess and the Cup, awesome), also saw it earlier that year in Grand Central Station during All Star Festivities

-05 we had a private dinner with it at NARCh (see avatar) with the HHoF guy, heard some great stories and such...was told it was the real one (one on display @ HHoF isn't..things like Pocklington's dad's name being xxxx out and the "Bqston" Bruins...etc..)

Saw it twice...

Once on tour in Minnesota at the local Sears Store, got a picture of my wife and I standing with/hugging it.

The second time I saw/touched it, I was volunteering at the All-Star FANtasy at the 2004 Allstar Game week in St Paul. Was pretty cool be cause they had all the trophies on display.

Touched it every time, but I never lifted it. I don't deserve to. Only those who earn it should lift the Cup.

I am not positive, but I read that the Stanley Cup in the HHOF is just a replica and the real one is kept somewhere else. I can't remember where but I was kind of shocked to hear that. Can anyone else confirm this ?

I am not positive, but I read that the Stanley Cup in the HHOF is just a replica and the real one is kept somewhere else. I can't remember where but I was kind of shocked to hear that. Can anyone else confirm this ?

The "real" cup is in the vault at the HHOF, then you have the replicas. One on display at all times and one for the players, not sure if there is a third for other promotions or if they use the player cup for that.