Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A2rhino

Most protective helmet

I am in search of the most protective helmet on the market due to DR. orders. Do any of you know which helmet is in fact the most protective thats available today?

I know the Mission Carbster's are great for protection, but they can't be bought new anymore. There's always some popping up in the Sell section from time to time though...

I have a few and even though they are rather fugly, they fit well and are super-protective.

IMHO of course

I remember reading about a helmet company out of colorado that looked similar to the Mission Intake but I dont know the name of the company. Anyone ????

hefter maybe?

Hefter Evolution Helmet; That is the helmet. I cant find them anywhere and now I cant find their web page. Has anyone had any experience with this helmet and know where I could get one?

All opinions welcome!!!!!

hefter maybe?

Hefter Evolution Helmet; That is the helmet. I cant find them anywhere and now I cant find their web page. Has anyone had any experience with this helmet and know where I could get one?

RbK/CCM bought the design for it. It's not certified yet, or available on the market.

CCM XKA 400 helmet is very protective but it is kinda bulky.

Maybe someone with better knowledge could inform you about this helmet.

the mission intake would be IMO the most protective one because it has the EPP padding with foam instead of gel inserts. I would think the foam comfort pads would be better. Also it has bigger vents which keeps your head nice and cool which is good because the cooler your head is the less chance of getting a concussin which im sure your Dr. will tell you if you ask him

yeah I had Mission Carbster for two years, and it definetly saved me from a good 3-5 concussions, I now have the RBK 8k and I have used it for one season. I would recommend the carbster for sure. I think i'm going to use mine for reffing now.

hefter maybe?

here it is

a good mouth piece is just as import for concussions....The Carbster was the most protective helmet on the market....

Was it McCauley who was wearing it in the playoffs in like 02 or 03 and went head first into the boards? The thing broke in half, and everyone was saying that if it hadn't broke and taken the pressure, his career would have been over.

Really, it all comes down to opinion. The only FACTUAL thing is the type of padding. There is the yellow foam that even the stupidest of people can tell you that it wont protect you as well as custom padding.

Really, it comes down to fit. You can have a helmet that is litterally bullet-proof, but it wont do you a lick of good uless it fits your fat head.

Carbster is king. Just stupid design on the ear straps and hardware for fitting shields and cages. Watch your LHS start cussing Mission out while they assemble it... it's quite a sight.

hefter maybe?

You'll have to ask for Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny to bring it, because Hefter is about as real as they are. Eventually CCM will have something similar.

I know a guy who is making a helmet.

I tried it on a couple of months ago and for a helmet that was not my size, still was comfortable.

It's off to CSA/HECC testing now.