Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srv2miker

Motivational Quotes

"Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect!" Coach Gary Gaines (Friday Night Lights)

Here is a couple more I've always liked:

"Bullying is smoke, and courage is fire" - Benjamin Disreali

"The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion when no one else is watching" - Anson Dorrance

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. " - Mahatma Gandhi

"Hockey's a funny game. You have to prove yourself every shift, every game. It's not up to anybody else. You have to take pride in yourself." - Paul Coffey

"Bullying is smoke, and courage is fire" - Benjamin Disreali

What happens when there's smoke, and there's fire? :P

I don't want to hijack this thread, but we're looking for a text in our dressing room. Not too long. I know some NHL teams have texts in the halls, anyone willing to post them (or any other text)?

"You'd better win this game or..."

"...we're not going to Disneyland!"

--my dad, to me (age 8)

"...your mother and I are getting a divorce!"

--my dad, to me (age 11)

"...we're taking grandma off life support!"

--my dad, to me (age 14)

"...you're not going to college!"

--my dad, to me (age 17)

I don't want to hijack this thread, but we're looking for a text in our dressing room. Not too long. I know some NHL teams have texts in the halls, anyone willing to post them (or any other text)?

...this season, a member of the staff at our home rink would go into the dressing room that our opponents would be dressing in (before they got there, obviously) and hang a sign above the door that said "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

"You'd better win this game or..."

"...we're not going to Disneyland!"

--my dad, to me (age 8)

"...your mother and I are getting a divorce!"

--my dad, to me (age 11)

"...we're taking grandma off life support!"

--my dad, to me (age 14)

"...you're not going to college!"

--my dad, to me (age 17)

thats was hilarious!

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

Isn't that from the Pirates of the Carribean ride? :huh:

Um, the quote might be there, too, but it originated in a widely known piece of literature...Props to whoever gets it first:...

"One shift brings you closer to your last, so play out every shift as if it were your last"

that a good one i love it

Theres only one sound that gets me fired up, the voice of every person who said i was too small to make it-Martin St.Louis in that Nike Hockey Commercial :D

yea i lik that quote alot too....prob cuz im a small player too

Winning isn't everything, but making the all-out effort to win is the most important thing.

I will demand a commitment to excellence and to victory and that is what life is all about.

Success is not a sometimes thing. In other words, you don't do what is right once in a while, but all the time. Success is a habit. Winning is a habit.

All from the greatest football coach of all time: Vince Lombardi

If you are not playing well you are not going to play. That's the bottom line. The players are responsible for themselves and the reward or punishment is going to be whether they play or not. It's just that simple.

Pat Burns

Are you playing for your name in the paper, or your name on the trophy?

Sherry Bassin, Jr Hockey Manager/Coach

Are you playing for your name in the paper, or your name on the trophy?

Sherry Bassin, Jr Hockey Manager/Coach

I like that last one...simple, straight forward...and so true in a lot of cases. Makes you take a step back and rethink your purpose.