Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Any news when sprung frames will be available again?

Actually, yes! I've been offline for the last couple of weeks, courtesy of an ATT upgrade. We are about to start the production of the new A6X arm, which be a large order. Ditto new A7 bodies. And I just finished the concept drawing for the A6 mag alloy arms, and the setup is 76/80 with a 9.5" wheelbase and .125" spaces between each wheel. The A7 and a8 will be 76/80 also, with better wheel spacing. We think this will improve the performance first, and also improve the fitting, with shorter wheelbase A6s and A7s that fit their boot range better. The new reg parts should be here by the end of June. The drawings and molds for the mag alloy arms will take a month or so, then we'll start the molds on them. I don't have an ETA for them yet. There will be some mix and match with the mag alloys for flat setups also.

I think Keith is in China, sorting out some new stock.

Lucky I stocked up on some extra frames when I had the chance!

Got any A7s you wanna sell? :p

Actually, yes! I've been offline for the last couple of weeks, courtesy of an ATT upgrade. We are about to start the production of the new A6X arm, which be a large order. Ditto new A7 bodies. And I just finished the concept drawing for the A6 mag alloy arms, and the setup is 76/80 with a 9.5" wheelbase and .125" spaces between each wheel. The A7 and a8 will be 76/80 also, with better wheel spacing. We think this will improve the performance first, and also improve the fitting, with shorter wheelbase A6s and A7s that fit their boot range better. The new reg parts should be here by the end of June. The drawings and molds for the mag alloy arms will take a month or so, then we'll start the molds on them. I don't have an ETA for them yet. There will be some mix and match with the mag alloys for flat setups also.

Hey Keith, Thanks for the info on the mag-alloy's. Really looking forward to getting a set of A7 mag-alloys, and I like the 76/80 setup as well. I just wanted to get an idea of your timing for the A7s and A8s... you said "The drawings and molds for the mag alloy arms will take a month or so..." did you mean a month from now? I know you also mentioned that you don't have an ETA for them yet, just trying to get an idea if they might be ready before the end of our summer Roller season up here (mid-July). Thanks again.

Hey Keith, Thanks for the info on the mag-alloy's. Really looking forward to getting a set of A7 mag-alloys, and I like the 76/80 setup as well. I just wanted to get an idea of your timing for the A7s and A8s... you said "The drawings and molds for the mag alloy arms will take a month or so..." did you mean a month from now? I know you also mentioned that you don't have an ETA for them yet, just trying to get an idea if they might be ready before the end of our summer Roller season up here (mid-July). Thanks again.

A6-hiloforweb.jpg

Here's the rough I did to make sure the mag alloy 76-80 setup would work in the current A6 body without any alterations. This was the tough one with the least space to work with. Along with the tight 76 and 80 arms there will be wider set 76 and 80 arms to give the best spacing between the wheels on the most sizes. When we get into 3D we'll try to optimize the sizing so that straight or high-lo setups will be attainable. The drawing shows the 9.5" wheelbase that is quite a bit shorter than the current A6. Ditto the A7 and A8, so that all sizes will fit their boot range better.

I don't have the timing on these yet, but they are moving up with the A6X arms and A7 bodies.

A6-hiloforweb.jpg

Here's the rough I did to make sure the mag alloy 76-80 setup would work in the current A6 body without any alterations. This was the tough one with the least space to work with. Along with the tight 76 and 80 arms there will be wider set 76 and 80 arms to give the best spacing between the wheels on the most sizes. When we get into 3D we'll try to optimize the sizing so that straight or high-lo setups will be attainable. The drawing shows the 9.5" wheelbase that is quite a bit shorter than the current A6. Ditto the A7 and A8, so that all sizes will fit their boot range better.

I don't have the timing on these yet, but they are moving up with the A6X arms and A7 bodies.

Will the mag alloy arms fit on the old A6 closeout model that I got in 2006?

Just to confirm, Keith - new A7s should be available around June/July, correct?

Just so I can budget in my next skate purchase. :)

Recently retired these Vector 05's from the ice and just added the Sprungs. Followed Sprunster's instructions and everything turned out great.

Sprungs_sm.jpg

These Just arrived yesterday, Keith mounted them for me, the turning and stopping is oustanding on these. the boot is the Ice hockey version and for its price suits me well.

2011-04-06_18-56-27_499.jpg

More time spent on these frames, am noticing wheels 2 znd 3 rubb and are getting a slight flat spot. on top of both. Using an A6 frame. Has anyone else found this or know of a brand of wheel that doesn't do this?

So, in Sprung's normal linear manner, we're finally up to the next production run, which will be new everything, A6X, A7 and A8. We are looking at late June-mid July delivery. Everything costs more to make and ship, so our retail price will be $149.

We need to produce enough so we don't run out again real soon, which is a lot. We already have a large wholesale order, but we need a healthy pre-sale between now and July. The tag for the pre-sale will be $130, with $65 to place the order and $65 at delivery time, first come, first served. We will also have an A6X arm package with free springs in the pre-sale. We are looking for more wholesale orders, so now's the time to set up a better deal, guys.

We are almost out of A6 bodies, except for a bunch with discolorations, which are good for dying. They are going to be $90 bucks a pair with no A6X upgrade, but there are still a bunch of reg A6 arms left, so a good deal. And you can still buy A6X arm package later.

We'd love to move ahead with the mag alloy arms at the same time, but we're still working on that one. Anybody who is interested in helping jump the gun should contact us. A distributor with a bunch of these could rule the Sprung world and make it a stronger, lighter and more wonderful place.

So, in Sprung's normal linear manner, we're finally up to the next production run, which will be new everything, A6X, A7 and A8. We are looking at late June-mid July delivery. Everything costs more to make and ship, so our retail price will be $149.

We need to produce enough so we don't run out again real soon, which is a lot. We already have a large wholesale order, but we need a healthy pre-sale between now and July. The tag for the pre-sale will be $130, with $65 to place the order and $65 at delivery time, first come, first served. We will also have an A6X arm package with free springs in the pre-sale. We are looking for more wholesale orders, so now's the time to set up a better deal, guys.

We are almost out of A6 bodies, except for a bunch with discolorations, which are good for dying. They are going to be $90 bucks a pair with no A6X upgrade, but there are still a bunch of reg A6 arms left, so a good deal. And you can still buy A6X arm package later.

We'd love to move ahead with the mag alloy arms at the same time, but we're still working on that one. Anybody who is interested in helping jump the gun should contact us. A distributor with a bunch of these could rule the Sprung world and make it a stronger, lighter and more wonderful place.

I already have the A6 frames but would like to up-grade to just the A6X arms. what would that package price be? Is the price list on the sprung website?

I already have the A6 frames but would like to up-grade to just the A6X arms. what would that package price be? Is the price list on the sprung website?

Not sure of the pre sale price yet, but it will be a break on the reg order kit price. It'll all be on the website tonight.

Not sure of the pre sale price yet, but it will be a break on the reg order kit price. It'll all be on the website tonight.

Great news. I think most of us hard core Sprung guys have been waiting for the A6X arms. keep the good news coming.

Great news. I think most of us hard core Sprung guys have been waiting for the A6X arms. keep the good news coming.

Yes, the A6X arms package is exactly what I've been waiting for - I'll definitely be taking a look at the site later tonight. It's great news, although I would've prefered to have them now since my roller season starts next week and ends in late July/early August, but obviously this was the soonest they could be produced. I'll just be happy to get my hands on them as soon as possible and hope I don't go through too many more A6 arms in the meantime.

Anyone put these on a pair of revisions yet?

Apologies - don't have the time to read all 200+ pages!

I'm moving this up to the current page so that the info stays current. Getting another big wholesale pre-order today, but still working on getting it all onto the site today.

(slow replay) So, in Sprung's normal linear manner, we're finally up to the next production run, which will be new everything, A6X, A7 and A8. We are looking at late June-mid July delivery. Everything costs more to make and ship, so our retail price will be $149.

I fully intend on purchasing a set of A7s as soon as I get a little extra $$$ set aside. All this waiting has turned me into an ice hockey player, and ohnoez, I'm liking it. :p

Well, we finally got the A6X and A7 pre-sale up on the site late last night and we got our first order this morning. ;))) And for Mr B, "I fully intend on purchasing a set of A7s as soon as I get a little extra $$$ set aside. All this waiting has turned me into an ice hockey player, and ohnoez, I'm liking it. :p", now's the time to eak back into a pair so you don't loose your valuable new skills when you're off-ice.hohoho

Thanks for the update. I did check the site last night and today, but didn't see anything. After seeing the update here, I deleted my temp files and refreshed the page and saw the updates. I just ordered an A6X arm package.

Well, we finally got the A6X and A7 pre-sale up on the site late last night and we got our first order this morning. ;))) And for Mr B, "I fully intend on purchasing a set of A7s as soon as I get a little extra $$$ set aside. All this waiting has turned me into an ice hockey player, and ohnoez, I'm liking it. :p", now's the time to eak back into a pair so you don't loose your valuable new skills when you're off-ice.hohoho

How do i get my free A6X rocker arm upgrade?

How do i get my free A6X rocker arm upgrade?

I have my PayPal records with all the A6 sales w/A6X upgrades, so when they start getting here I'll know where they go. There will be a $6 shipping tag. All A6X and A7 pre-sales will come with a freebie in the bag.