Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

I'd be wary of using these boots to display the product if they're not good quality boots. A bad boot will turn off a potential buyer from your frames. If it's at all possible, your best bet would be to continue have a few different fair from different makes/lines because so many hockey people are set in stone about the way they like their skates to fit, which includes the pitch of the boot itself and the amound of forward flex the boot gives. If the sprungs are mounted on a boot that the skater is not used to or comfortable with, he/she won't gain the full advantage of the frame in that first "test skate".

just my two cents.

At all the different tourney's that I've seen Keith and his display at, hes alway had a good selection of brands and sizes.

BTW I just played about my sixth game w/ these frames and I just feel more and more sturdy on them every game. :)

Keith, You have a fantastic product and I agree with the others that be careful what boot display them on. I feel you need to display them on all the top level boots. I am a ccm fan and I am sure I would be more impressed with them to see them fitted to the vector x boots than vector pf2. Iam sure you will agree it is all about visualisation from the customers perspective. Please don't cheapen the product by displaying it on a cheap boot. Of course this is just my opinion. BTW just ordererd vector 10 ice boots for converting when I get the new model frames.

Thanks

how would it be any different? just asking. it's no difference to me.

someone asked about the wearing of the wheels, i've noticed that the front/back wheels are wearing more so than the middle (2, 3).

I just thought it looked like you'd be using quite a bit more wheel than chassis in comparison to regular frames. Thanks for letting me know.

I got mine in the post today so I'll be getting them mounted as soon as I can, impressive delivery time...ordered them on Friday, they arrived today and I'm in the UK! Thanks Keith!

impressive delivery time...ordered them on Friday, they arrived today and I'm in the UK! Thanks Keith!

That's unbelievable! British customs have been horrible about delayed shipments.

I think it was probably a birthday or something and everybody was smashed and not up to doing customs stuff that day. What else could it be???

RE the "Quick" boots. It's true that the boots affect the test process. "Loved the frames hated the boots!" But we've also turned a lot of people on to boots they never would have tried because they weren't their brand. Some even switched.

The boot's actually very comfortable. Old school Canadian but good. It's just so low class looking and no known manufacturer. We'll probably just sell them as a package deal in San Diego, where the guys can try them out first. Maybe around $229 for the whole thing like in the pic.

One other thing. When ordering, be sure your shipping address is correct so they don't go off on their own someplace.

Warning Will Robinson, long post!!

Like every roller hockey supplier, we will eventually need to have one of the biggies as an OEM partner to keep moving ahead. This is a tough one, because we represent a performance level that will bring CHANGE to the sport and to the industry. Progressive change of any dagree is great if it's yours, but sucks if it's someone elses.

And this is the case. Because we have stuck it out for so long and continusly improved the product, we have established ourselves as a team that is going to show up no matter what, and make goals untill the game is won. And we're the underdogs in every game.

But the OEM thing is a real conundrum.

Mission rules the world and doesn't have to do anything but show up to stay there. And they have their HiLo already, so why should they rock their own boat? No decision is an easy one for them until they Have to do otherwise for some reason.

Tour is the number two version of the same situation, only more so. They're firmly established and have their all 80 Beem'r. I'm sure they'd love to move into some of Mission's territory, but any mistakes and they could go downward instead of staying where they are. Risk is risky business and anything that they do has got to be real scary.

Nike/Bauer is the number one ice company, having moved away from their rival The Hockey Company in the last few years. But they can easly survive on their ice business and only have to pay a token nod to roller hockey with an unsupported roller boot. If they wanted to make a move into roller they'd be perfect for us, but why should they when things are fine as is.

Then there's The Hockey Company with RBK and CCM well established (though not so well as in the past) in the ice world. They are definitely an ice company, but they have continued to put out roller products and have actually begun to carve a nitch for their products with the players. They would gain more from linking up with us than any of the other companies, but they (like Nike/Bauer) are run by ice guys. What does roller hockey really mean to them?

On the other hand, we are also sort of an ice product, because we can provide an ice level (well almost) performance that realizes the original reason for inlines. A training tool for ice players.

So with that in mind, Mission pops up again with their fairly recent move into the ice world, and RBK/CCM becomes a better possibility with their well deserved ice reputation.

The opinions expressed on MSH are intelligent and heart felt. And, as most of you know, listened to by the industry. We are roller hockey to the death, and we hope we can help move the sport into an even better world, but we need your help. This thread has been immensly helpful to us because it's stated the same thing the companies have heard from their pro players for years. But better because it's sort of let the cat out of the bag.

Anybody who wants to shake up the industry statis quo can probably help make a difference right now. Wouldn't you at least like to have the option of buying these already mounted on a major boot line? If so, it's time to start letting them know, cause they're going to need a new comfort level to make this decision.

And thanks for your Wonderful feedback. Makes me proud of my baby!

If you make a product too far advanced the public won't buy it. Pushing the envelope too much isn't good for sales as the buying public just can't handle it.

I'd buy it for sure if it was on a solid, stiff boot. Its a pain in the ass to try and find someone to mount a new frame around here in a reasonable amount of time.

BTW you previously mentioned Graf being interested. Is there any progress on that?

If you make a product too far advanced the public won't buy it. Pushing the envelope too much isn't good for sales as the buying public just can't handle it.

Yep, and you can see the devistating results of forward thinking by companies. Just look at how the then revolutionary HiLo ruined Mission. Same with the Beem'r, which was a radical departure from the norm. I'm sure Tour will never recover.

Progress is a dangerous thing!!

sarcasm, it's a beautiful thing.

has anyone had problems with their wheels chunking with the sprungs? i just noticed yesterday that my 2/3 wheels are chunking...weird.

i'm using the genesis wheels, i've never had a problem with them before, so maybe it's the new rockering action that's putting more pressure on them, who knows.

on my sons skates,(new hot shots)his wheels are wearing the same,the two wheel looks great ,the four wheel takes a beaten.just the normal wear on the 2/3 wheels.....maybe skateing style/bad batch.thats wierd the two inside wheels.

2005785670086915327oaPQJk_th.jpg

2499668350086915327GVqzYY_th.jpg

Since my VS boots were not a stiff i like them to be had to switch to the Mission fuel 75 XP which gave a little more support. Havent skated with these yet, but will be on Wednesday.

I think they would also look great with the yellow rocker arms.

Nice frames!

2005785670086915327oaPQJk_th.jpg

2499668350086915327GVqzYY_th.jpg

Since my VS boots were not a stiff i like them to be had to switch to the Mission fuel 75 XP which gave a little more support. Havent skated with these yet, but will be on Wednesday.

I think they would also look great with the yellow rocker arms.

Nice frames!

I'll tell you, As soon as I mounted the frames on the Fuels for my local bud I was lusting. But after I skated on em while I was waiting for him, I wanted to take off with em before he showed up.

Great boots and fantastic package. Extra rocker arms are $3.75 each while they last, so if you want to have a color change option, now's the time. They're light, so shipping shouldn't be much. Still have a bunch of yellows.

Keith,

Would it be possible to put a chart together of what boot sizes will fit the sprung chassis and break it down by manufacture.

Just making up numbers here...

CCM 7-10

Mission 8-12

Tour

Nike

Bauer

Etc...

I have some guys that tried my skates and they want me to mount a sprung chassis on their boots, but some of their skates might be too big for the chassis size that I ordered. Since the wheel setup is diffrent from what they currently have (hi-lo) I cannot simply measure the chassis and say yes/no it will fit.

Maybe this has been covered. If so, sorry. The only post I saw mentioned one size as the "max" but did not specify brand.

Still turnin' heads (and tight corners) with the new chassis! Thanks!

ice hockey season ended last night 2nd place overall,but the main purpose of this post is to say this...my hockey stride on the ice did not skip a beat all season long,the sprung frame is quite amazing,from roller to ice was always an ajustment,honestly i cant see this being a problem anymore.i know i had posted this before but this ice season was a test,if i couldnt get on the ice the sprung frame was the alternitive to train.the research and developement of this frame was well thought out.

I used the Sprung chassis most of last season playing and refereeing. My experience has been that I have alot more "feel" on hard turns and stops, which can also be described as more control. It is a slight adjustment period from a standard chassis, about 10-15 minutes, and the difference is a pleasant suprise.

A big issue was when I'd ref between 6 - 15 games a day, my legs weren't nearly as tired and fatigued as with old chassis. I believe that the Sprung suspension absorbs some of the shock that my legs were taking with the old chassis, and it was very noticeable at the end of the day. I used them on Nike skates and am staying with them.

JS

No offense, but I still don't think this is logical.

"too far advanced"...

So if I were to market an ipod-type device that you wore on your finger and it was the size of a wedding ring (or class ring) with 100GB storage, 72 hour battery life with blue tooth technology with wireless Bose headphones...you wouldn't buy it for a competitive price ($400 for example) because it is too advanced?

That just doesn't make any sense...

Are you saying you would rather continually replace the products you have every year or so as small advances in technology come along? Do you still watch movies on VHS? :P

The buying public understands what that the product you outlined it and why it works well. It's a combination of existing technologies. I think Chadd was talking about something above and beyond the general knowledge of the market.

Like the Flyweight for example. When it came out, most people didn't understand the technology behind it and it wasn't a success. Now that people understand the technology of the OPS and we're introduced to a tapered shaft because of it, the shaft is now marketable.

No offense, but I still don't think this is logical.

"too far advanced"...

So if I were to market an ipod-type device that you wore on your finger and it was the size of a wedding ring (or class ring) with 100GB storage, 72 hour battery life with blue tooth technology with wireless Bose headphones...you wouldn't buy it for a competitive price ($400 for example) because it is too advanced?

That just doesn't make any sense...

Are you saying you would rather continually replace the products you have every year or so as small advances in technology come along? Do you still watch movies on VHS? :P

Your example isn't even close to comparable. Unlike electronics, it's quite diffiicult to quantify improvements in hockey equipment. Not to mention the difference between evolutionary products and revolutionary products.

Mission three finger gloves. Everyone who used them, loved them. Designers around the industry talk about what a great idea it was. It bombed at retail. Mission Flyweight/Easton T-flex. They did not sell well at all, suddenly with the release of the Synthesis, R2, XV, etc... tapered shafts are now commercially viable. Busch produced OPS a long time before Easton did, yet sales of their sticks were never good. Nobody wanted to pay $150 for a stick.

If something is truely revolutionary in the hockey world, chances are the public will not accept it at first. I also find it funny that most of the revolutionary products were actually made by smaller manufacturers but the larger manufacturers were the ones to capitalize shortly thereafter.

For the record, I haven't plugged in my VCR since I moved last summer and I have two HDTVs. :P

chadd thinking about what you posted ...the more i read it the more it makes sense,i remember when those hockey products came out,even the busch stick.... i thought this guy was nuts when he told me how much the stick was ,and he was going to buy another one .people do shy away from new products,but lets just say a couple of NHLplayers were useing the sprung frame for off ice training,or recreational,or like a pick up inline hockey game,how many kids would want those frames ?just a thought but you know what im getting at?

Got these put together today.......gonna take them for a spin tomorrow night.

-Synergy 1300c boot

-Bones Super Swiss 6 bearings

-RR Hot Shots

img3963wp2.jpg

Hawt!

PS: How much were the frames? Where from etc?

Thanks for the compliments guys. I ordered the frames from the Sprung website. Keith has the old model on closeout for $65.

Those look sweet indeed. My frame should be here any day now. It will be going on my s500's with the black and grey hornets, should look pretty nice.