Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

am i the only person in England with these frames?

Maybe not for long! After reading your review and if Puck Stop managed to get the frames sorted then I'll probably be getting a pair...with the £-$ exchange rate they're a steal! :P

am i the only person in England with these frames?

Maybe not for long! After reading your review and if Puck Stop managed to get the frames sorted then I'll probably be getting a pair...with the £-$ exchange rate they're a steal! :P

I didnt get mine done at puckstop in the end. I got them done at Proskate in basingstoke.

They did an OK job, said there was a problem because of all the holes drilled in the boot from before. so they put one of the coppers in at a funny angle so theres a lump sticking out my boot!

I think he just messed it up a bit. Ill post pics as soon as i find the cable for my camera!

Ok, after further skateing I've noticed a decrease in accelleration.

A noticeable difference in weight (between the Graf/Sprung & Vector/Alloys) might be the main reason, of course adjusting is a factor too.

It was palpable to my teammates that cornering was good, but I lost alot in my first step.

A noticeable difference in weight (between the Graf/Sprung & Vector/Alloys) might be the main reason, of course adjusting is a factor too.

It was palpable to my teammates that cornering was good, but I lost alot in my first step.

Ill have to see this tomorrow at training. Ive always been one to have quick accelleration, and i playy pretty small court so i dont want to lose that!

Weird!

Acceleration is usually one of the strong points. Your first push off step should compress the springs and let you dig your foot into the rink surface at a great angle for faster aceleration. The timing of digging in and the following push off has been described as turbo lag. Timing your push?

It might be perception. Get a little more used to them and then have somebody time you on a half court sprint. Do it in both pairs and see if there's actually a difference.

got a question... am intending to get a set of sprung frames, but I've already got three pairs of skates... does anyone know how many times you can covert your skates? eg: take off original holders, mount on inline chassis, remove that and put on other frames?

Acceleration is usually one of the strong points. Your first push off step should compress the springs and let you dig your foot into the rink surface at a great angle for faster aceleration. The timing of digging in and the following push off has been described as turbo lag. Timing your push?

It might be perception. Get a little more used to them and then have somebody time you on a half court sprint. Do it in both pairs and see if there's actually a difference.

I would totally agree with Sprungster on this! I have had the Sprung frames for about a week and a half now, and they have been a step up in turning acceleration and agility. I have come from Hummer frames and before that MG hilo on my 10ks. I feel so far that the Sprung frames are a step up in most areas although at first I found stoping is a bit different because if you push to hard on your heels the front wheel comes of the ground, but it only takes a small adjustment and thats fine as well! I had no problems what so ever adjusting to the sprung frames I could understand that some people may, but the best thing to do is to not worry about them and just play, and see if your game improves or not!

I just got a chassis today, and threw it on my skates at work. Just skating on some clear coated cement I can tell that I LOVE this chassis.

Some background info is in order I suppose: I am 6'2", 210 lbs, and I play 3-4 times a week, competitively. I have been skating on 7K with Red Star alloys for about 6 months.

I put the sprungs on my old ice skates: Here they are....

sprungzw1.th.jpg

sprung2ha1.th.jpg

got a question...does anyone know how many times you can covert your skates? eg: take off original holders, mount on inline chassis, remove that and put on other frames?

Those are almost virgins!!!

I just mounted a pair of new model test frames on RBK 7Ks that were ice, then current sprung frames, then the whole center of the front sole was cut out for Humm'rs to the point that the sole sagged over the edges of the Humm'rs. So these are on their fourth mount, and the new Sprung frame once again supports the cut out sole like it was whole again.

The trick is nailing a new hole near an old one, but I always start with a small bit first to get the spot.

I just got a chassis today, and threw it on my skates at work. Just skating on some clear coated cement I can tell that I LOVE this chassis.

Some background info is in order I suppose: I am 6'2", 210 lbs, and I play 3-4 times a week, competitively. I have been skating on 7K with Red Star alloys for about 6 months.

sprungzw1.th.jpg

sprung2ha1.th.jpg

You're welcome.

After skating with them are you seeing any differnce in stopping-or has it been accelaration. thanks.

sprungzw1.th.jpg

sprung2ha1.th.jpg

You're welcome.

thanks man, i didnt wanna say it was you who got them to me incase people started im'ing you

keith,

my LHS is having some trouble mounying these frames because of where it flares out on the base and kind of covers the hole. Do you have any advice that I could give them and if they can't find a way can I send them to you to mount them ?

P.S. if it matters the boots are graf 609's Thank you

I asked for the instructions.

Will advice Keith to put them online, because they are really good, and help avoid possible confusion.

My beloved wife has done that-

http://www.sprung-inline.com/mounting.html

I should say too that she is snagging all the pics you guys are posting and putting them in our gallery

http://www.sprung-inline.com/skaters/main.php

so- if you DON'T want your pics in there, let us know.

And if you have info about your boots or we've mispelled your name- let us know please!

this mite be helpful to anyone who has to remount their frames,if you take a two part epoxy to fill the old holes on the boot you can redrill them out,two part epoxy hardens up real good.my son matt got his skates yesterday ,mission 9500 with sprung frames,after my work out we are going skateing,ill put some pictures soon.

ya wouldn't you have to fill it up anyways or else your skates will start leaking during the game? that would be good for ice but very bad for roller no?