Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Are the frames symmetrical? Is the right frame the same as the left frame? The frames I received had an L and an R on them. I just assumed this was Left and Right. However, they appear to the eye to be identical.

???

Finally got to skate on my setup. I had a pair of CCM Maverick's collecting dust so I used those for this test. I didn't want to mess with my "primary" skates until I at least test this frame out.

I will just say this...I was impressed. They lived up to the hype.

I don't have any data to quantify my results...I didn't clock my skating speed or anything like that, but put it this way. The goal is to skate on the hardest wheel possible (for speed) that still gives you the grip (for stops/turns) that you feel comfortable with. This setup will be PP, based on the surface, your weight/size and level of play.

My setup included wheels I had laying around... Rink Rat Hot Shots in the middle (80 durometer) and Labeda grippers (extra soft) on the fronts/backs. I was skating on an older ice court surface. NORMALLY, I would use the labeda x-soft wheels in all the positions so that I can get enough grip on the floor. These wheels are WAY TOO soft for my body weight (230) but I would rather grip the floor and loose a little speed. I have always used softer wheels than other people for some reason, even though I weigh more than most.

Anyway, my test setup worked great. I had used the 80's (all positions) on the floor before and slipped all over the place. Some of the improvement I am sure has to do with adding the softer wheels, but I credit a lot of the improvement to the chassis also.

I am ordering a new wheel setup today and I will post pics later this week when they arrive.

100% sold on this product.

Here is my mini review (He10000 with RR Hot Shots):

Previous skates He10000 with hilo setup and He10000 with Hum'er setup (both with Hyper Zero G wheels).

Speed: I don't know if I was actually skating faster, but it appeared there were more speed with the sprungs. It felt like the power transfer with each stride was more efficient.

Acceleration: I felt my acceleration was alright, but definitely not as quick as it would have been with my Mg chassis.

Turns: I did notice the cornering with theses skates to be more tight and "clean". The turns were a lot better with the sprungs than any other chassis I've used.

Stopping: I had difficulty with stopping. It wasn't as smooth or quick as with my previous chassis.

This was my initial thoughts with the chassis. Perhaps my difficulties with Acceleration and Stopping will be better as I become more use to the sprung setup. I think I will copy Dante2004 and probably put softer wheels on the front/back to help with my problems.

I would like to congratulate Sprung Hockey on their success.

However, I am disappointed in the way they have conducted business. After the popularity of the chassis generated by word of mouth on this thread by MSH'ers helped sell their stock, they made the model obsolete with negligible improvements and raised the price to 200% (save for some limited pre-orders). This is something that has me staying away from this product for now.

I don't want to buy a frame and have problems with it, then have to pay twice as much for the new improved version with no torque problems (for example). Considering the innovation involved in this product, I would expect changes to be made, but not at a price twice as high and out of reach to current owners.

I would appreciate some feedback, but that's my stance right now.

I do think the skates look nice though, guys/gals and I'm glad a lot of people like them.

However, I am disappointed in the way they have conducted business. After the popularity of the chassis generated by word of mouth on this thread by MSH'ers helped sell their stock, they made the model obsolete with negligible improvements and raised the price to 200% (save for some limited pre-orders). This is something that has me staying away from this product for now.

I don't want to buy a frame and have problems with it, then have to pay twice as much for the new improved version with no torque problems (for example). Considering the innovation involved in this product, I would expect changes to be made, but not at a price twice as high and out of reach to current owners.

I do think the skates look nice though, guys/gals and I'm glad a lot of people like them.

Gee, so many things to talk about!

Price first. They cost eight arms and as many legs to develope. And players have bought them at various stages of completion. They mostly paid $160 if they got in early, say 18 months ago. We also sold a lot at $199 including wheels bearings and spacers.

The $65 pricetag has never been anything but a closeout. And it's a real closeout, cause we're going to run out of stock soon.

You have no idea how not-negligible the changes are between the old and new model. The pictures I've posted on here show changes that are large and obvious and they provide large and obvious improvements in the performance and durability of the product.

So what's happened, is that we've lowered the price of the new frame from the $160 tag on the first model down to $120, while greatly improving it. If it's already so good, how much better could it get? BETTER!

As for "out of reach of current owners", Current owners have been told many times that they get a 15% discount off the new model. They can even take the 15% off the $100 Pre-Sale Special on the site.

But let's face it. The majority of people in the world aren't going to buy these frames. And they won't miss the performance improvements either!

And it isn't a great product suddenly because it's on MSH. It's been a great product for a long time and MSH just heard about it. Great product, great exposure!!

You should buy some. Maybe you'll hate them and then you'll always have something great to argue about.

Price first. They cost eight arms and as many legs to develope. And players have bought them at various stages of completion. They mostly paid $160 if they got in early, say 18 months ago. We also sold a lot at $199 including wheels bearings and spacers.

The $65 pricetag has never been anything but a closeout. And it's a real closeout, cause we're going to run out of stock soon.

You have no idea how not-negligible the changes are between the old and new model. The pictures I've posted on here show changes that are large and obvious and they provide large and obvious improvements in the performance and durability of the product.

So what's happened, is that we've lowered the price of the new frame from the $160 tag on the first model down to $120, while greatly improving it. If it's already so good, how much better could it get? BETTER!

As for "out of reach of current owners", Current owners have been told many times that they get a 15% discount off the new model. They can even take the 15% off the $100 Pre-Sale Special on the site.

But let's face it. The majority of people in the world aren't going to buy these frames. And they won't miss the performance improvements either!

And it isn't a great product suddenly because it's on MSH. It's been a great product for a long time and MSH just heard about it. Great product, great exposure!!

You should buy some. Maybe you'll hate them and then you'll always have something great to argue about.

11,000 hits just on this site along with the advertising fellow MSH'ers are doing with their skates and words is certainly keeping you in good business.

What do you guys think?

I remember sprouts of interest in forums with guys seeing a booth in Anaheim and wondering what they were... but they never sold with the interest they have now.

I won't buy these frames because the product is being improved/debugged too rapidly. There is a reason why so many guys skate on their old VSI's/Wicked Lights and Hi-Lo frames - they were solid, stand alone products that don't have compromises or bugs to fix like these.

Inherent in that is a corporate philosophy that I think is missing here, unfortunately.

11,000 hits just on this site along with the advertising fellow MSH'ers are doing with their skates and words is certainly keeping you in good business.

What do you guys think?

I remember sprouts of interest in forums with guys seeing a booth in Anaheim and wondering what they were... but they never sold with the interest they have now.

I won't buy these frames because the product is being improved/debugged too rapidly. There is a reason why so many guys skate on their old VSI's/Wicked Lights and Hi-Lo frames - they were solid, stand alone products that don't have compromises or bugs to fix like these.

Inherent in that is a corporate philosophy that I think is missing here, unfortunately.

People have been making boots for ever.

This product and this patented suspension system have never been made on the earth before.

I don't see you skating on or using any other hockey product that hasn't got years and years of one company's improvements on top of another. Maybe you should be on an 1880 boot with a current aluminum frame, along with 1991 wheels.

Nothing is sudden or rapid about this product. I came up with the idea in 1992 and started my first patent in 1996. There've been excellent changes all along the development of these frames and there'll be plenty more. And for sure they won't be copies of somebody elses improvements.

I think corporate philosophies are bit beyond us yet. We do have a corporate statement though.

your best game.

Also, I hope you don't think 11,000 hits on a forum equals that many sales!

I don't see a problem with anything that Sprungster is doing. He has a product that he has spent several years developing and probably invested a good chunk of money as well. He seems to be primarily marketing the product through "word of mouth" and in this day in age "word of mouth" includes electronic forums such as this. As far as developing too fast...? Why hold back? If you create a product that works and then tomorrow you develop a new innovative concept to improve the previous version, why would you hold it back? How many new stick designs does Easton come out with per year? Even if the changes are minimal. Same stick, new paint? New model number!

And I certainly don't think you should turn your back to a product you apparently haven't even tried before. I will admit that I was skeptical about the chassis, as I am with any other "revolutionary change" to the status quo. I picked up a set, tried them, loved them... If I didn't like them, that would be ok too. I personally can't stand Mission skates because they hurt my feet. It doesn't make them a bad product, they just don't fit ME. All PP... I also don't like using a wood stick, but other players swear by them. All PP...

I agree with Dante2004. I don't see anything wrong or shady about what Sprungster (Keith) is doing. He stated very early on in the thread that a new model was coming in the fall that would be even better and was even discussing pricing. If people read the whole thread they would realize they could either pick up the current model at a discounted price (like you can with an older model pair of skates or stick) or wait for the new model that is improved, but costs more. He's even going so far as to offer current users a discount on the new model - do the big hockey companies do that with their sticks or skates? If you own an 05 Amazing, Super Light Power OPS are you going to get 15% off the 06 model? It could happen, but it's not common practice. Usually you can pick up an older model stick at drastically reduced prices, but the new model is only available at full retail price.

I value companies that only make changes when they are non-negligible and offer a significant improvement, rather than market their product to make it sound more groundbreaking than it actually is. I also value a company that replaces its products if defective and stays on point with warranty service. On top of that I like to see a company that is not wholly controlled by corporate interests and will quit the roller hockey market if management says its not profitable enough.

If you follow most of that, you will have me and probably more people behind your product.

As of right now I have to stay away. But, as I've mentioned before, good work and I hope to see some of those things working in your business soon.

I never said 11,000+ hits equals the amount of sales you had. That is simply ridiculous.

Fellow MSH'ers are trying and talking up your product, so give them credit. You would most likely not even be able to afford or reach a very narrow demographic like us (including a ton of eager young spenders) any other way, so don't take this thread and this tool for granted please.

Dave, I think you are going to love our company, then.

• We have a one year unconditional guarantee on all of our frames- not bad for something with moving parts!

• We love Hockey. We play hockey. We hope our daughter marries a Hockey player.

• We support the intrepid players who have been willing to try out our frames, and we put their photos, names and stats in a gallery on our own website, if they want. They look for us at tournaments, and we sit on the bench with them to do any repairs or tweaks that are necessary.

• Joe and I are the two most tangible company execs in the business. We have a one-on-one relationship with almost every player on our frames. This includes the guys here at MSH. I feel that I have friends for life on MSH that I've only traded postings and long phone calls with.

• We donate frames, and our time when we have it, to benefit tournaments.

• We link back to MSH and give the forum credit.

• we have worked on this product for four years before we felt we had anything worth selling at all. We've had to fire one factory, and pay them a substantial quit fee in order to ensure that this product met our own standards for function and safety.

• We are selling a $160.00 product for $65.00 dollars, because we don't feel it is perfectly perfect- and we are STILL offering a warranty on it.

• We offer a 15% discount to anyone who has already bought our frame and wants to buy the new one. We even offer that discount on top of the pre-buy special price!

• You should know that "we" is myself, my long-suffering wife, and Joe Noris. That's it.
    I, personally, dyed and put together every single pair of frames that goes out. I have the colorful fingers and barked knuckles to prove it! We have sunk our own (and some old friends) money into this product, and I won't tell you how much it's cost, but I'll say that we haven't made anything back on the dollar yet!

• Did I mention that we love Hockey?

You don't want your daughter to marry a hockey player. We're scum.

Unless she plays hockey too.. then we cancel each other out.

even if these sprung frames that i have, break today and i cant for some reason get the parts i need to get them together,at least i can say i found a frame that i truly like ,and thank goodness theres a better sprung frame available.i still stand by all of my posts on this frame,maybe sounding alittle talked up ,but im just excited about a new product that really works for me.if i thought these frames werent worth the hype i wouldnt have started the topic.

Dave, I think you are going to love our company, then.
  • We have a one year unconditional guarantee on all of our frames- not bad for something with moving parts!

• We love Hockey. We play hockey. We hope our daughter marries a Hockey player.

• We support the intrepid players who have been willing to try out our frames, and we put their photos, names and stats in a gallery on our own website, if they want. They look for us at tournaments, and we sit on the bench with them to do any repairs or tweaks that are necessary.

• Joe and I are the two most tangible company execs in the business. We have a one-on-one relationship with almost every player on our frames. This includes the guys here at MSH. I feel that I have friends for life on MSH that I've only traded postings and long phone calls with.

• We donate frames, and our time when we have it, to benefit tournaments.

• We link back to MSH and give the forum credit.

• we have worked on this product for four years before we felt we had anything worth selling at all. We've had to fire one factory, and pay them a substantial quit fee in order to ensure that this product met our own standards for function and safety.

• We are selling a $160.00 product for $65.00 dollars, because we don't feel it is perfectly perfect- and we are STILL offering a warranty on it.

• We offer a 15% discount to anyone who has already bought our frame and wants to buy the new one. We even offer that discount on top of the pre-buy special price!

• You should know that "we" is myself, my long-suffering wife, and Joe Noris. That's it.
    I, personally, dyed and put together every single pair of frames that goes out. I have the colorful fingers and barked knuckles to prove it! We have sunk our own (and some old friends) money into this product, and I won't tell you how much it's cost, but I'll say that we haven't made anything back on the dollar yet!

• Did I mention that we love Hockey?

Are you guys going to be in Toronto or Vegas this year?

Hi guys, received my frames a few days ago ( thanks keith, nice colours to, black and orange), mounted them myself on my vector pro boots. Skated two general skating sessions and two hockey drop ins, I was so impressed with them I wore them for my teams semi finals last night (9-5 victory 2 goals 2 assists). My thoughts about them. Firstly the mounting, I found the instructions a little confusing but being ice skates with the holders still in place I marked the blades centre line and measured off my rbk 8k's to get the for and aft position so it was not a problem, however on the plus side, how good is it to be able to mount your own frames the way you like, I actually mounted the frames 2mm inside the centre lines so I can be right on top of the frames not like the rbk's ( they felt like they were folding in on me). Skating right from the get go if feels like you are hovering not skating I can not get over the smooth feeling these thing have, it is like nothing i have skated on before including the vibe. How do they perform for me? I feel faster skating forward not sure if I actually am but it takes less effort. I am way faster backwards, can now stop so well I scare myself. Have not felt the Kovy torque yet but understand what he means. To say I am impressed is an understatement. This is a winner guys, I have already ordered the new model and will fit them to my brand new pf10's (is there a more comfortable boot). As for the tri dri chassis I am used to, I can feel that this chassis is longer( 5mm) but other then that I can feel no difference at all. Congrats for the inovation Keith

Just of the record guys I am 6'3" and 240lbs, wheels are 76mm r/rat hornets 62/80A. My honest opinion is if ever an inline company was to offer the chassis on their boots the other guys had better watch out. Thanks

Im glad i had the balls to give this a go. Its so easy to just stick with what is familiar. It LOOKED impressive, i had no idea how it would perform and thought it would end up being another flop/gimmick like the vibe chassis (yes i know some people liked it).

But boy was I wrong!

These are the real deal, I love this chassis and will continue to use it for as long as I can, and i will support sprung the whole way, because its an Inline company, trying to break the mold (no pun intended :P ) and create new products that actually help your game rather than just being a few grams lighter than the rest.

I was totally confident playing at an international level in these frames, and have full confidence going to trials in two weeks.

You most have played against the younger Weisheit bro? Those brothers have sick stickhandling. But they play extremely predictable. B)

Feel Keith has found the right formula in regards to the frames, diffinantly the way forward, but it will still take some modifications & tinkering (IMO) before they completely blow the competition out of the water.

Right now I can still find imperative reasons to stick with my current alloys, but they don't have potentiel to be better, the sprungs do.

You most have played against the younger Weisheit bro? Those brothers have sick stickhandling. But they play extremely predictable. B)

Feel Keith has found the right formula in regards to the frames, diffinantly the way forward, but it will still take some modifications & tinkering (IMO) before they completely blow the competition out of the water.

Right now I can still find imperative reasons to stick with my current alloys, but they don't have potentiel to be better, the sprungs do.

Ha ha yeah that weisheit guy is sick! Hes such a fast skater but then has incredible hands! I managed to get one hit on him towards the end of the game :P

Yeah he got in the all star team. by the end of it you knew what moves he was going to pull, but there wasnt much you could really do.

Anyway, back on topic. Yeah the sprung frames have the potential to be amazing, Id be interested to see what the new version is like.

BeauMissions.jpgMissionFuel85.jpg

So here's a couple of Missions I just mounted.

The brand new Fuel 85s are for a bud of Jouquin Chivera's. This is a PACKAGE!! I saw the boots for the first time Tuesday at the Hockey West Show that we were invited to participate in. Then Jouquin shows up Wednesday with a pair to mount.

I mounted them Thursday morning and went to Planet Hockey in W. Covina in the afternoon to try them myself before handing them over. WOWWOW!! First of all, they're size 10 Es and they should have been too small for me cause I wear a 10 in Canadian boots like CCM and Bauer, which is normally 1 1/2 sizes different from a Mission 10.

Anyway, they laced up tight and felt perfect right out of the box. I haven't skated on the old frame for quite a while, and with my normal size size 10s you can feel a big difference between the old and new model. But with the shorter boot that leaves more wheel front and rear, they felt Great! Maybe I'll try the large frame when it's done instead of the medium. This is a fantastic boot for converting.

The pair of veterans are Beau Gauthier's who used my Bauers in a game at the Marky Pentz benifit tourney, also at Planet Hockey. Right after the game, he cornered his mom and these are his birthday frames! The T nut mounting wil let him move them to his new boots soon. There's a hole the size of a quarter on the other side of one boot from laying em over.

I put two different wheels on them for the pic so you can see how much difference the appearence of the wheel makes. These frames show more wheel than has ever been seen before.