Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

really 78a is a harder wheel(than the 76a) ,im looking for more push off grip,sort of like a nice sharp ice edge.

the 78a hornets I just got for my sprung frames have awesome takeoff grip. Last time I checked Epuck was closing out hornets but they only had 76mm.

really 78a is a harder wheel(than the 76a) ,im looking for more push off grip,sort of like a nice sharp ice edge.

For push off grip you want a firm tacky wheel, especially if you want it like a good ice edge. I have some RR 78As coming so I can make sure about this one. As long as I'm not slipping on hard turns and stops I'm fine.

stopping and corners arent a problem, from a dead stop-my first few steps are alittle slippy,sometimes im like digging for grip on my first few push offs.im going to try a couple of different combos with the front two wheels like 2revision gold-(74afront)2rink rat hornets(62/76aback).trial and error.ill probably go back with all hornets when all is said and done.

Used them again for tryouts and could not be more pleased with them! I am NOT going back to my other skates now. I did feel what felt like a "torqueing" feeling at one time which was weird, but besides that, they are great! I have never stopped to hard and so fast

I have been skating on Sprung frames for close to a year now and I have to say it's the best frame I've ever had. I'm 30 and remember skating on quads before there were any decent roller blade frames, I have seen the progression throughout the years in frame technology, but Sprung takes it to a new level.

They close the gap between roller and ice hockey. The big difference I see is they actually give you the feel of a true edge similiar to that you get when playing ice hockey. I'm 6'2 and weigh 240lbs and see the big difference in the corners, you can have faith you'll keep your edge where other frames give way. They are also very durable, if you have the opportunity give them a try, like with any frame or skate change it takes about 3 games to get use to it and notice the difference, but you'll never go back.

There is a reason the best skaters are using these. At 100 they are the best deal out there, plus they have a one year guarantee. They are lighter than anything else out there and they are tougher.

Sorry, but IMO that was just one long rant...

And they sure ain't lighter or tougher than alloy.

Looking forward to having them (and alloys) on identical boots, so they can get a equal opinion.

I have been skating on Sprung frames for close to a year now and I have to say it's the best frame I've ever had. I'm 30 and remember skating on quads before there were any decent roller blade frames, I have seen the progression throughout the years in frame technology, but Sprung takes it to a new level.

They close the gap between roller and ice hockey. The big difference I see is they actually give you the feel of a true edge similiar to that you get when playing ice hockey. I'm 6'2 and weigh 240lbs and see the big difference in the corners, you can have faith you'll keep your edge where other frames give way. They are also very durable, if you have the opportunity give them a try, like with any frame or skate change it takes about 3 games to get use to it and notice the difference, but you'll never go back.

There is a reason the best skaters are using these. At 100 they are the best deal out there, plus they have a one year guarantee. They are lighter than anything else out there and they are tougher.

I agree with you, im 6'2" 215, and i have the similar observation. To me it feels better than an ice skate. Im a better inline player than ice, and I feel like I have my ice edges, while having my familiar wheels. Its a pretty cool thing.

BauerSup70s.jpg

IMNSHO, nothing wrong with a good rant! Good in this case being flattering!!! Thanks dude.

And Herbert has been on them for a year. An early (and happy and willing) test dummy. He's been really valuable cause he's SO BIG. He's one of the ones that I used for a gauge on what needed to beefed up on the new model like on the Beautiful Supreme 70s that showed up at my door recently.

I don't think they're lighter than alloys, but the underbuilt version that everyone is using is (when the formula for the resen is correct) as, or more durable than the alloys. And if you do break a rocker arm, you can change it easily instead of junking your pair of alloys that are riveted to your boots.

He's not alone in knowing they're the best frame he's ever had. Performance Counts!

Then there's the new model, coming out in a few months. Stronger, no tourquing front rocker arm (Kovey), better balanced, more control, faster, etc., etc. Check out the pre-sale deal on the site.

And a reminder, that everybody that bought the current model gets the new one at the $100 pre-sale ticket.

The Supreme 70s are KILLERS!!!

man on the sprung site ,the black with yellow,and black with orange look sharp.

IF YOU HAVE A BRIGHTLY COLORED, FAST AND MANUVERABLE VEHICLE YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO DRIVE THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!

Are the frames symmetrical? Is the right frame the same as the left frame? The frames I received had an L and an R on them. I just assumed this was Left and Right. However, they appear to the eye to be identical.

My new skates:

10k's on sprungs with Hot Shots

skateshl0.th.jpg

Skate probably would look better with a white frame, but looks doesn't matter as long as it performs.

Any way to place 80's in the back on these frames?

I don't believe there is a way without wrecking the chassis. The wheels slots are just enough room for 76mm's.

Any way to place 80's in the back on these frames?

There isn't room for an 80 for sure.

When I first designed the frame I wanted to be able to fit 80s, but they took too much material out of the center of the rocker for strength. We actually made a 3D plastic model from the 3D drawing files. It's called stereo lithography, and lt looks like pure science fiction the way it's done. Anyway, it was easy to see it was too flimsy and wouldn't work when you held it in your hand with a wheel attached.

Now that I have more experience with the configurations, I can design an all 80 frame that's plenty strong and isn't too long in the wheelbase. But I don't think I need to. The A6 is just as fast, and the wheels are lighter than 80s.

If I did make an all 80, it would outperform the rigid version same way the A6 does everything else. Then it would be a choice between a full suspension 76 and a full suspension 80. Same with a HiLo.

What CAD program do you use?

ProE and two or three others. When I first started turning my new A6 design into 3D for making moulds, I was working with Keith Alsberg at Square 1 Product Development. He was my engineer and co-designer, and did all the original drawings for the frame.

He entered it in the annual ProE International Design contest, with all the products designed around the world using the program each year as possible entrants. When you consider the level of products coming out of Monster companies like GE, GM, ETC, Nike, what ever!! The frame (and he and I) got First Place in the Consumer Division.

The drawings are the most important part of the whole thing!!!!!

ahh, proE...what a fun program!

you guys use solidworks? catia?

sorry, my engineering nerdiness appeared for a minute...getting my sprungs mounted on the 703s...am excited.

you guys hiring?