Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeymom

One90 Transition and Skate Profiling

What a 9/10 is, is from the center of the working radius to the toe, it is a 9' profile. From the center to the heel, it is a 10'. It is also called a compound radius.

The Red Wings' equipment manager uses the Maximum Edge method to profile skates.

Boyer is using the ME Templets to do his radius work? Thats hard to believe, I always thought that the equipment managers in the NHL used the Blademaster radius jigs to do their profile work since that methood seems to be more exact than the ME templet way.

Well, nobody is doing to deliberately ruin your profile.

Hollows are particular to the player, as is the profile. I don't work for the Red Wings, I don't know for sure what Boyer's giving Draper. My 9/10 was just an guesstimate...

Judging by your post, you live in Detroit. Who sharpens your skates? Where do you live?

If you shoot over to Novi, I can tell you what's doing with the profile.

JR I live in Toledo, go play in Monroe alot. I was having a kid named Chris do them at Multi plex in monroe but now he quit. The only other choice I have is to go to Tamo Shanter in Sylvania ohio. If you know where that is. They have a bunch of young kids there.

He uses labels.

Ok I looked under the footbed These are the numbers 8caa and 4369.6 on the sticker with Drapers name on it says Draper KD 1.22.

I also have a pair of vector 10 that were Kyle Calders that the sticker says p09078-002

Any insight on these?

WOW!!!

i learned quite a bit in this thread. Up here in Vancouver there isn't many good sharpeners so i was totally thinkin' bout going the T-Blade way, but after reading this, am not so sure. Let me say to Hockeymom that Dianes progress is remarkable, and that to have someone(young or old) who strives to get better is very inspiring. No matter how old i get i always hope i will have that desire to get better.

So that 9/10 radius would offer the skater better forward thrust, but a quicker turning and transitions (forward to backward)?

Is that right? Would you have to be a great skater to begin with to take advantage of that kind of profile, or could a novice skater see an improvement in his (or her) skating.

I assume that is the kind of thing any sharpener could do?...if you asked for a 9/10 radius...is that all the sharpener needs to know?

Where'd hockeymom go by the way?

She's been busy - back to lurk mode for the summer.

So that 9/10 radius would offer the skater better forward thrust, but a quicker turning and transitions (forward to backward)?

Is that right? Would you have to be a great skater to begin with to take advantage of that kind of profile, or could a novice skater see an improvement in his (or her) skating.

I assume that is the kind of thing any sharpener could do?...if you asked for a 9/10 radius...is that all the sharpener needs to know?

More stability in the back.

It's a Maximum Edge radius - you would have to be trained in that method to do it. However, I can do it with bars.

It's a Maximum Edge radius - you would have to be trained in that method to do it. However, I can do it with bars.

Would you know (off hand) if OTG would have his guys at National trained to do it?

Would you know (off hand) if OTG would have his guys at National trained to do it?

The bars arent available at the present time but i am in the process of having them produced for all stores and all stores will be trained fully by the first week of August for our Hockey Sale also for thos buying high end skates wait till August if you can big promotion coming!!!!

I'm going to swap a few of my bars with Steve - we have two Shapers and I'm going to keep the jigs at my two stores but will trade out a set of bars for the ones I want.

The bars arent available at the present time but i am in the process of having them produced for all stores and all stores will be trained fully by the first week of August for our Hockey Sale also for thos buying high end skates wait till August if you can big promotion coming!!!!

Hey...Long time no see. I'm interested to see if this might help some of my skating woes. I'll touch base again in Aug.

Thanks.

just at your shop or is their some North America wide promotion coming up?

Is that promotion going to apply to skate parts as well? I'm in need of some new steel...

Hey JR, after reading this thread I was really interested in having my skates profiled but in the right way and having somebody watch me skate. So I went to my LHS and was shootin the shit with the guy and asked him about profiling. I asked if they came out to the rink, which is literally down the street, to watch customers skate and get a feel for their skating methods. The guy said no and that they really didn't have to. He told me that the bars he has is a 9ft radius and is preset for all skaters from puberty to 6'4 and 255 lbs. After the 255 lb limit it would bump to a 10ft radius. Is this guy a quack or does he kind of know what he's doing? I really was hoping he would come out and watch, I'd pay the extra money but o well.