Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevbeau

Sabres New Uniform

OMG!? are those...... (dramatic pause)....... TBLADES!?!?!..

Oh dear, the world is going to end now huh? An NHL player wearing tblades.. Bet that pisses off a lot of people huh? :)

Don't be an idiot.

Everyone knows that there are guys who use them. They're all German.

OMG!? are those...... (dramatic pause)....... TBLADES!?!?!..

Oh dear, the world is going to end now huh? An NHL player wearing tblades.. Bet that pisses off a lot of people huh? :)

Don't be an idiot.

Everyone knows that there are guys who use them. They're all German.

Can they actually use them in an NHL game? I haven't seen them before in game (maybe im not looking hard enough?).

Sorry.. wasn't trying to sound like an idiot.

Hecht, Seidenberg and Goc all wear t'blades. Elias was the first but ditched them after a couple of years or so.

What about endorcement enfrindgment(sp?) from the nhl? Don't they get on the players for that?

I personally think that the colors are a good combination. I was always a fan of the number on the front, under the name of the team (like the boston college jersey). I think everyone is really going to get used to the jersey itself rather quickly. The logo on the other hand will take a long time, and it may never be accepted. I think it would have been cool to incorporate the Demon Buffalo from their previous jersey, into this one with a color change. I am not sure how it would look in reality, but the picture i have in my mind would be pretty cool with the new jersey.

You also have to remember that the jersey they wore last year did not have a traditional look to it at all. They had "abstract" designs going up the sides of the jersey and the stripes on the sleeves were rather abstract as well. I guess i am pretty much suggesting that i like the whole jersey concept, i just dont exactly care for the logo at the moment. It looks a little too small in my opinion considering the fact that the bottom of the jersey has nothing going on.

Travis

What are you talking about? What endorsement?

sorry.. bad choice of words (give me some credit, it was early). I thought that if you wanted to use your gear in the nhl you have to pay a fee? Example, last year there were a bunch of sticks that were painted black (a lot of them were warriors). Somebody mentioned that they had to paint it black because they didn't pay the nhl the endorcement fees.

I dunno.. I dont watch NHL. I prefer college puck.. I'm wondering if I should just shut my hole before get too deep.. <_<

What are you talking about?  What endorsement?

sorry.. bad choice of words (give me some credit, it was early). I thought that if you wanted to use your gear in the nhl you have to pay a fee? Example, last year there were a bunch of sticks that were painted black (a lot of them were warriors). Somebody mentioned that they had to paint it black because they didn't pay the nhl the endorcement fees.

I dunno.. I dont watch NHL. I prefer college puck.. I'm wondering if I should just shut my hole before get too deep.. <_<

I believe that the company only has to pay if their logo is going to be displayed.

What are you talking about?  What endorsement?

I believe that the company only has to pay if their logo is going to be displayed.

so I guess that tblades wouldn't fall under that (theres no logo except for on the back of the holder.. and even zoomed in, good luck seeing that).

Thats what I was talking about. Sorry again, I watch NHL games (if they are on and I am bored). Sorry if I came off as being an ass.. I didnt mean to.. my bad JR.

I don't mind the new jerserys, the alternates however, are awesome

Any pics of the alternates?

71899849RS005_Sabres_Prac091618_1024x768.jpg

Come on, thats just awesome.

Thumbs up!

Ya the old school ones look great.

Should look even better in white -- and once they get the matching pant-- looks like there using the same ones in that picture as the new jerseys.

I actually like it--most likely because I think it was sacriligious (sp?) for the team to change their colors. Imagine--if the Pittsburgh Steelers changed their colors, there would be a riot, which would most likely result in the deaths of those who changed the colors.

It just isn't done in sports. Or at least, it SHOULDN'T be done. And for the record, yeah, I like the new logo, but even if I didn't, I'd be pumped just because of the new (old) colors.

You can't compare histories of the Steelers and Sabres though. How long have the Sabres been around compared to the Steelers?

What would have been the problem with updating the old blue and gold a little bit? They still look better than a lot of the other jerseys in the league. Every now and then you have to tweak a design to keep it up to date but classic designs shouldn't ever be dumped just to try and make a couple more bucks in merchandise sales.

Gaga:

As long as you go with the brighter blue, I'm ok with it. I still think the "logic" behind the dark home jerseys is asinine. The other team is wearing white for every game, no variety at all.

Is it me, or does it seem like the away socks (^shown w/ white jersey) look like they should be with the blue jerseys?? I just feel that way because it looks like the top and majority of the sock is blue....And to me it'd make more sense to switch the blue and white...

Damn, Ive never seen so many people at a practice

My buddy went. He said there were probably at least 10,000 people there - all of the 100 and 200 levels were pretty well filled, as well as some fans scattered through the 300s.

Is it me, or does it seem like the away socks (^shown w/ white jersey) look like they should be with the blue jerseys?? I just feel that way because it looks like the top and majority of the sock is blue....And to me it'd make more sense to switch the blue and white...

to me it actually looks like they're wearing their socks upside down