Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevbeau

Sabres New Uniform

I signed up as an insider so I could see the other pictures.

Apparently it is the new RBK mesh, and you see some of that practice jersey look (the stripes coming over the shoulders.

awful slug looking logo, blue should b royal and not navy...the numbers on the front remind me of the fifa world cup jerseys and theyre not a bad idea but they get in the way and it looks stupid if only 1 NHL team has it.

That 2nd picture is funny. Everyone's face looks like they're thinking "Oh God why do I have to wear these fugly uniforms?!"

I like the uniforms alot, especially the pants. If they used the original logo and changed the colors alittle it would definately look better though.

It'll be interesting to see how those new RBK jerseys will be implemented for other teams who aren't changing their colors/logos, etc.

And of course it opens up a whole new market for fans who will buy the new jerseys, as well as "collect" the old style ones.

And of course it opens up a whole new market for fans who will buy the new jerseys, as well as "collect" the old style ones.

I agree. Changes in jersey designes are always about marketing. A lot of times (in my opinion) the new jerseys don't look as good. I like these ones though. I like the mix of the vintage look and modern look.

I just realized that they are the exact same colors as the old Quebec Rafales.

que07_f.jpg

Rafales

P0033257.jpg

Citadelles

Kinda a combination...as my GF just poitned out...they need a stripe or something the bottom (especially on the white). Other than the fugly "Slugalo" logo...I don't mind them...the number on the front is differnet. kinda neat.

JR...you said they are the new RBK...Has the tight fitting RBK been back burnered??? These appear to have the same, traditional fit we all know and love.

Well, not sure - going by what the article said. You can see that it is a different cut if you look at the stitching. Need a better picture of the players' one but the goal one on Biron is wide in the shoulder and then tapers in then flares out. Very similar to football jerseys.

Like I said...long time Sabres fan.

1.) Logo really sucks.

2.) White jerseys need some stripes near the bottom although they would still suck.

3.) Why do the color swatches on the arms have to look like abstract art?

4.) Damn, those original Blue aways look spectacular next to the new "atrocities."

On a side note..

img6487qx1.jpg

OMG!? are those...... (dramatic pause)....... TBLADES!?!?!..

Oh dear, the world is going to end now huh? An NHL player wearing tblades.. Bet that pisses off a lot of people huh? :)

Jochen Hecht has been wearing them for awhile now. I'm sure there are others.

After thinking about it, the numbers on the front arent such a bad thing, I think it's more an issue of placement. The reason everyone feels they need a stripe is because there's so much going on up top, and nothing at the bottom. If the number was placed at the nbottom of the jersey (and on the other side) I think they'd be better balanced and look better overall. The slubalo is still a problem, but if you take out the fact that it's supposed to be a buffalo and the team name is the Sabres, It's not so bad. I like the striping on the jersey. I may pick one up.

On a side note..

img6487qx1.jpg

OMG!? are those...... (dramatic pause)....... TBLADES!?!?!..

Oh dear, the world is going to end now huh? An NHL player wearing tblades.. Bet that pisses off a lot of people huh? :)

As he said, Hecht (as a german) uses t-blades for a long time now. Even when he played here in germany he did.

Talking about the jerseys, they really rule. I like them.

Yvan12,

The jersey is retro to the Cooperall 80s jerseys worn by OHL, WHL, and QMJHL teams back when they wore the long pants. The look reminds me of the North Bay Centennials.