Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

connor

Other sports photos

I wish the catcher was in the shot for some reference. He's probably somewhere down around mid-calf on you, eh?

Can't really tell with the picture quality, but...is that a wood stick? Summer league?

Yeah that's a pretty crap one, but yup, summer league/woodie. Hitting with wood is the best and most humbling thing in baseball when you're coming off aluminum/comps.

Oh, definitely. Popping one right on the screws isn't TOO different...but getting sawed-off with a wood bat feels like dunking your hands in piranha-infested waters (and something WAY worse when it's cold outside); and there is NO way you're muscling the ball out of the infield. There have been a couple times I got stung good and yelled something along the lines of "Jesus fucking Christ!" or "Mother fucker!" as I was leaving the box.

Not a fan of the Zipp wheels as one completely delamed on a teammate on the way down Mt Mitchell.....but otherwise......dead sexy lookin ride. ;)

That just looks comfortable for a century. Love that seatpost. Have a question on the cableing though, seems to jet out and tuck in a weird arc, but I know nothing of builds, just my constant tweaking of my ride.

That just looks comfortable for a century. Love that seatpost. Have a question on the cableing though, seems to jet out and tuck in a weird arc, but I know nothing of builds, just my constant tweaking of my ride.

Ever since my old Klein Adroit I have not been a fan of the internal cable routings. They never function as well as external. The internal "sleeve" always seems to break away from the front boss stud and dangle inside of the frame and then you are constantly "fishing" with your cables when you replace them to hit the hole in the back of the frame. Royal pain in de arse. ;)

Haha, on the cervelo's you are fishing from day one. It is just holes in the frame! And the cable routing is normal for a shimano equipped bike, i much prefer the look of the campy or sram kit as it routes under the bar tape.

Haha, on the cervelo's you are fishing from day one. It is just holes in the frame! And the cable routing is normal for a shimano equipped bike, i much prefer the look of the campy or sram kit as it routes under the bar tape.

Haven't gotten my hands on the new SRAM Red series, but it looks quite interesting. Shaved about a pound off of current Dura Ace, and if the technology in the shifting is anything like the X.0 mountain series.....I'll be making a conversion on my Orbea very shortly. ;)

Haven't gotten my hands on the new SRAM Red series, but it looks quite interesting. Shaved about a pound off of current Dura Ace, and if the technology in the shifting is anything like the X.0 mountain series.....I'll be making a conversion on my Orbea very shortly. ;)

MAKE IT NOW!!! Ive been riding a Look 565 recently (on loan as a test bike) and it is equipped with Sram Rival and i would take that over any shimano. Take my word for it, SRAM red is AMAZING!

MAKE IT NOW!!! Ive been riding a Look 565 recently (on loan as a test bike) and it is equipped with Sram Rival and i would take that over any shimano. Take my word for it, SRAM red is AMAZING!

I might have to make a little trip down to the LBS around here.....need to find one here first since I just moved here. It certainly has peaked my interest. Anyone know if the cassette spacing is the same as Shimano, Campy, or their own deal? I could always buy new wheels to accomodate......but my Ksyrium's are in fantastic shape and are some fast and stiff wheels. Love those things. ;)

I might have to make a little trip down to the LBS around here.....need to find one here first since I just moved here. It certainly has peaked my interest. Anyone know if the cassette spacing is the same as Shimano, Campy, or their own deal? I could always buy new wheels to accomodate......but my Ksyrium's are in fantastic shape and are some fast and stiff wheels. Love those things. ;)

Same as shimano.

Is it that goddamn hard to wear stirrups?? I always wore them and never could figure out why the trend has gone to pajama pants. Other than that, classy looking unis.

I wore high socks freshman and sophmore year and this year the only pants that they had left were XL's so when i had high socks they always fell down. So i just kept them like this just so i didnt have to keep pulling them up. Sorry guys next year ill get first pick in pants and get larges and go back to the high socks :lol:

Thanks Drewhunz about the uni's. Mine was just a tad big (XXL). :blink:

Not just high socks, you need sanitaries and stirrups. I played like ass in school, but I literally got a compliment every game for wearing stirrups and using a wood bat.

Now that's old school. I've never had enough balls to be the only one to wear stirrups. But now that you mention it i may think about to go with our blue jerseys. It would look pretty good. Now for the wood bat, i just couldnt do that. I havent even bought a metal bat, let alone a wood one. I would rather save my money for hockey season and get something new. ^_^