Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cobrAA

Paypal Help, i'm getting robbed by 700$

Here is the email i got from paypal. Today. Transaction was completed the 24th sept. I SOLD A Laptop! But problem is that the fund are already in my banks(and was mean to be put on a car) and MOST IMPORTANT: i already ship the laptop!

Dear Lucie Mongeau,

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of

potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into

this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the

funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary

hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the

meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal

account.

The transaction under review is:

1. Transaction Date: Sep. 24, 2006

2. Transaction Amount: $625.00 USD

3. Buyer's Email: wheelhouse23526@yahoo.com

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this

transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our

investigation is complete as you may be liable for the amount in

question.

By the way, Why the heck Would I be responsive and need to refund this payment!

I'm supposed to be protected for that kind of error!

Anyone had problem like thise or have any help for me!!

For a person of m age who doesnt work... loosing if a BIG TROUBLES..even for a person who work anyways..

So the guy that paid you was using a stolen CC? I'd think that the banks insurance would re-imburse the proper people if that was the case...

Have you had any contact with the buyer since you shipped?

Do you have the address that you sent to?

I have everything(adress in the states and his shipping adress)! All our email exchange. and the last email I have from him i think is the 27th sept. Maybe 28.

That what I think: He used a Stolen credit Card, But why Would i have to pay for this crime?? Why me why not the bank..

Now on paypal. I can't make any payment or withdraw(even if i had 50us$ In my paypal that I was going to use TODAY to buy some clothing on ebay)

It actually show that i'm -575$!! So what the heck, I also lost my 50$ that was already in..

they're viewing that $50 as part of a payment of the $625 they claim you owe ($625-$50=$575). If they find that you aren't required to pay them then I would suspect they would refund you both the $50 they took as payment as well as the $625 that they are technically withholding from you at this time. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am mistaken and giving our friend here erroneous information.

Was it an email you recieved? I recvieved one about a 400.00 phone, but it was a fraud. you may have gotten this too. It brings you to another site that looks like paypal andasks you for you username and password. Thats how they steal your account.

I hope you insured the package. If you did, then put in your claim now.

As long as it goes where he shipped it, there's no claim to make. Shipping it to the wrong person is his fault.

Well it got insured for 100$

#2. it is an email from harold1@paypal.com. which sound like a scam but on the link they gave me on the email, it look like a real one and when i go via paypal.com it really show that i'm -575..

Dear Lucie Mongeau,

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of

potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into

this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the

funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary

hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the

meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal

account.

The transaction under review is:

1. Transaction Date: Sep. 24, 2006

2. Transaction Amount: $625.00 USD

3. Buyer's Email: wheelhouse23526@yahoo.com

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this

transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our

investigation is complete as you may be liable for the amount in

question.

To assist us in our investigation, please send an email to

pending_reversal@paypal.com with the following information:

1. The item, service or purpose of the purchase, and the associated

value.

2. The name and address given to you by the sender (if an item was

purchased).

3. If shipped, the company used for shipping, date of shipment, and

tracking number for the shipment.

4. Details of any other transactions related to the transaction(s)

in question.

5. A phone number where you can be reached during the day and

evening.

6. Insurance information, if applicable.

Any additional information you have regarding this transaction, such as

email correspondence, will further help us to expedite our

investigation. Solving these cases helps us continue to offer PayPal as

a secure and cost-effective payment service. We appreciate your

cooperation and assistance.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal, an eBay Company

If they addressed you by your real name it is probably legit...a fake might say "Dear Member" or use your login/screen name.

If they addressed you by your real name it is probably legit...a fake might say "Dear Member" or use your login/screen name.

You can get a real name from an email addy..

Dude, you were scammed. The email you got was fake. There is nobody under that address at paypal. Until then, I would change your paypal login/password asap.

If you are worried about losing your money, pull it out of the bank account. If paypal tries to take money out of it, tell the bank you didn't authorize the transaction for them to attempt to pull it out.

First thing to do, remove your bank account from your paypal account. If your bank account is linked to your paypal account they can take the money out if they find that the other person stole it. I've heard the other side of the story where some one pays, the item is never sent and when they try to get paypal to get it back they cant because the account isnt linked with paypal. You may have to take the money out of your bank account all together, but I'm not sure, I believe deleting your account from your paypal profile will do the trick.

Not to be negative, but didn't you think it was weird that the person who won the item went about 10 months since his last ebay transaction? That would have been a red flag to me.

I just recently had problems on ebay with someone who is a scam artist. This dude who won Steelers tickets I was selling. The guy won the tickets for $800, he emails me and says he can't pay through paypal and would I arrange a local pickup. So I agree, we play phone tag for 2 days and finally 3 hours before the game, he goes I can't pay for the tickets. Ebay cancelled my auctions and I'm now stuck with 20 tickets to the game. So I got shafted for $800, the tool then leaves me negative feedback saying I sold the tickets to a scalper for more money (like how would he know anyways, I had to eat the tickets cause of a family event the same day). This same guy scammed 5 other people (4 for Steelers tickets and 1 for Notre Dame tickets), all 5 might get together and sue the guy for the amounts that he bid on each of the auctions

well, i put my laptop 3 times on ebay, the irst one with a buy it now, got bougth at 450, the guys said he needed to be shipped before the payment for a gift for his grand pa *BS

Same story with the second one.

And the third time a 132 feedback guy bid on it for 400 and at the last chance a fagget scammer come and bid 405.

And now this guy come to me and ask me for the laptop etc etc.. and then i got paid... so where should i bother?

Do you have the name and address of the person who won it this time? If you do, I would contact the local authorities and if he's in the US contact the Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov) and file a complaint. Law enforcement will look into it after you file a complaint.

You cannot remove your bank account while your account has a negative balance. To increase your balance, please add funds.

COOL!!i'm stuck now

Go to superpages.com and look up his information, see if a telephone number is listed for a person with that name and address in said town. If so then contact the authorities

It doesn't matter if you in Canada, if you were scammed by the guy and he lives in the US then still file a complaint with the FTC. Don't just toss the idea of going after the guy away because you live in Canada. If the dude scammed you he needs to pay for it.