Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Fury/Crocs

I heard this rumor about a month ago from a friend of mine (in the wakeboard industry, not hockey) and I didn't believe him - honestly thought he was pulling my leg.

Tonight on HNIC I notice there's a Fury on-ice ad at Pepsi Center.

Got a better look at it and it had a Crocs logo under it.

Interesting.

EDIT - reading up, saw that Crocs are based out of Boulder.

Yes, they are based in Boulder. It turns out they bought another Boulder company last week that is an even more amazing "How The Hell Did That Product Hit It Big?"

This company makes decorative little widgets that fill the holes of Crocs. I think they attach sort of like an earring. What's amazing is these things sell $2.49 each, and there are thirteen holes on each Croc, so they add $65 to the price of the shoes. Yet I believe the article said they are selling 20000 units a month.

And that is why I will never become another JP Getty, because I could never conceive that people would be willing to spend $65 to express themselves.....

Peter Forsberg owns a company (Pforce) that markets Crocs in Sweden, and they've became very popular here, especially in my hometown which is also coincidentally his hometown. Almost all kids here and quite a few adults as well run around in colorful Crocs. They are often referred to as the "Foppa shoes" here lol.

Yeah im from Boulder and EVERYONE has them...well, exept for me. They are huge here. I've seen those little things that fit in the holes aswell...

I wouldn't wear them anywhere but around the house (and I usually just go barefoot) or in the locker room. A lot of players at the rink use them for in-between game shoes and shower sandals.

I will probably buy a pair before the next tourney. Sometimes theres a 2 hour wait between each of your games and its nice to have something to walk around in.

Crocs are comfy. If you can get past the look of them, they are nice. Great for after games or just lounging around. Not to horribly priced, got mine for 30 bucks.

got them at the store that i work at and we got them last spring in my opinion they look retarded but they are comfy but i think we got somthing like 500 pair sold them in like 2 weeks somthing like that and the Jibbitz are 2.99 and kids buy them all the time even those they break and come out of the shoe alot and when they do they come back for more

lol... in certain region in montreal they sell these at $1 store or for like 5 at bargain store...i never knew they could been so popular.

If you get over the looks, they are anatomically designed to conform to your foot. They even have arch support within the shoe, which sandals generally never have. I've heard pediatrists recommending them to young children to help improve the GAIT cycle

SRI , never would I have pictured you in crocs..(not that I sit around picturing you in various pieces of clothing mind you...)

I can't stand them but they do look comfy. Most of my distain comes from opening boxes with 10 pairs of crocs, 6 pairs of heelys and 1 pair of nike shox... seriously who packs the boxes that come to our store?! :angry:

i got my crocs a year ago when i saw all the doctors and nurses wearing them at the hospital when my daughter was born. they are up on their feet all day so i knew they must have been comfy.

I've never worn them because they seem like they'd be uncomfortable -- clammy and hot, mostly -- but I've heard enough people claim they're comfortable that I'm begrudgingly changing my opinion.

So now I don't wear them because $30 seems crazy for a pair of plastic shoes...... :D

i got my crocs a year ago when i saw all the doctors and nurses wearing them at the hospital when my daughter was born. they are up on their feet all day so i knew they must have been comfy.

I will never wear those things at work!! Too many holes that would allow "body stuffs" to leak through. Yeah they're comfortable but no #2 on my feet!!!

One of the guys who started the company used to be our sales rep in Canada...Was great friends with all the Avs players....Probably how Foppa got involved...