Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wingsfan7777

another ebay dummy?

To add to what i said before, he say he added "Shock Doctor" insoles but the ones in the skate picture CLEARLY say Easton Bio-Lite.

FROM THE 1300C AUCTION"

Questions from other members 

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: do u realize that the skates pictured are z-air comp skates, not synergey 1300's as you are advertising?

Jun-15-05 

A: My apologies. I was not able to import the correct pictures in time and forgot to postpone the auction. I can e-mail you pictures of the actual skates...more

And I'd like to personally thank whomever found the Jesus Mold auction. The q&a on that thing is pretty dang funny. The salesperson is pretty sharp. Here are some of my favorites:

Q: i hope you take the money that is made from this auction and replace your current bathroom. Mold is a very bad thing for your lungs.

Jun-14-05

A: Did you know that cheese gets its flavor from mold? I also do not recommend that you inhale cheese.

Q: If Shower Jesus got into a fight with Salt-Stain Jesus and Potato-Chip Jesus, who would win? I'd like to bid on the winner.

Jun-14-05

A: Shower Jesus would win. Potato-Chip Jesus would get wet and soggy, and Salt-Stain Jesus would dissolve. Hypothetically, I mean.

Q: What makes you think that is the way Jesus looked any? The stain does resemble a mans face, but if you never seen Jesus how can you claim it looks like him.

Jun-14-05

A: I tend to go with my gut instinct. When i saw the face, I exclaimed "Jesus Christ!" without hesitation. Other people may see Ted Nugent, Steven Wright, Frank Zappa, or Charles Manson. But I rarely, if ever, hear anyone suddenly exclaim "Frank Zappa!" in my day-to-day passings.

Q: I hope the .65 cents you spent for this stupid auction was worth it.

Jun-14-05

A: I don't think that anyone has spent .65 cents on anything in about 200 years. They invented the penny and decided to round things up to whole cents at that time.

Q: What's this now?

Jun-14-05

A: This an auction of water-stained plaster on eBay (a part of the intarweb). If you are pointing at something else while asking that question, I'm afraid that I cannot be of any assistance.

Q: THIS SELLER AND ALL BIDDERS WILL BURN IN HELL FOR PARTAKING IN THIS UNHOLY AUCTION! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS BLASPHEMY! ALL PRAISE ALLAH!!

Jun-15-05

A: Dude - you recently purchased a Sea Monkey doll using BuyItNow. The only thing that you should be praising are your parents for letting you live in their basement.

Q: Have you gone insane? If some twit does actually purchase this moldy wall depicting Jesus, will you donate the money to the church or buy some comet cleaner?

Jun-14-05

A: I dont have any comets that need cleaning. To be honest, I'm actually surprised that there is even a market for that type of cleaner.

Q: Have you considered taking Clorox to the mold in your bathroom?

Jun-13-05

A: Are you suggesting that I bleach his hair and beard? That might look bitchin' - good idea.

Q: here is proof that jesus liked his wine: clearly his friends have shaved his eyebrows off. do you concur?

Jun-13-05

A: While it wasn't a popular style of the time, Jesus was a trend-setter. He was hardly a conformist, ya know?

Q: How much would you charge to let me come pray in your bathtub?

Jun-13-05

A: That service is not offered at this time. Some have chosen to pray to the porcelain god just on the other side of the wall, though.

Q: Hi, Does Shower Jesus have the abiliy to turn water into wine? If so, can I buy the showerhead too?

Jun-13-05

A: Wow - another excellent question! Personally, I have not seen such an event occur. As much as I would enjoy a nice, dry merlot I do not think that my hair would have quite the same sheen that it carries these days.

Q: Can Jesus swim underwater? Thank you, Jason Darling Houston, Texas

Jun-13-05

A: There is a fantastic band called 'God Lives Underwater' - perhaps Jesus visits there from time to time - I'm really not sure.

Q: Are you sure that its not the Zig-Zag guy.

Jun-13-05

A: No, I'm not sure. I have had people tell me that it resembles William Shakespeare, Cat Stevens, and now - the Zig-Zag guy. What a great deal to acquire a piece of plaster that resembles not just one - but FOUR great men of history!

Q: I can't believe you actually shower in that mess. I bet it smells stuffy in there.

Jun-13-05

A: I don't shower in the mess. I shower in the tub next to the mess.

Q: Jesus overturned the tables of the money changers - those who were buying and selling, making a profit on items of worship and reverence. Are you afraid that the tables will be turned on you? Shower Jesus might not be as dangerous as the real thing, but how can we be sure? If Shower Jesus holds any power, I might be afraid to buy, but if Shower Jesus is powerless, then he is worthless. Which is it?

Jun-13-05

A: An excellent question! I am not a qualified judge of Shower Jesus' powers, nor do I make any claims thereof. If you are afraid of water-stained plaster then I reccommend that you refrain from bidding.

Q: Will this piece come with a certificate of authenticity?

Jun-13-05

A: I would be willing to provide certification that this is, indeed, a water-stained section of my bathroom wall, yes.

By the way, those following the "Jesus Plaster" auction might be interested to know that Golden Palace bought it (the same one who hired the streaker to go to the super bowl, bought the pizza that looked like the Virgin Mary, etc) for $1,000.

NOW... onto another Ebay idiot. Well.... to be honest, not an idiot, but clearly someone who is trying to be creative in the way he's taking advantage of people:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7165297213&rd=1

NOW: Notice that he is selling TPS Rubber OPS for a mere penny! A PENNY! Oh.... but shipping and handling is $27

but isn't $27.01 still a good deal for a response rubber shaft? what other shafts can you get at that price :huh:

By the way, those following the "Jesus Plaster" auction might be interested to know that Golden Palace bought it (the same one who hired the streaker to go to the super bowl, bought the pizza that looked like the Virgin Mary, etc) for $1,000.

NOW... onto another Ebay idiot. Well.... to be honest, not an idiot, but clearly someone who is trying to be creative in the way he's taking advantage of people:

NOW: Notice that he is selling TPS Rubber OPS for a mere penny! A PENNY! Oh.... but shipping and handling is $27

thats our good old buddy marcelo from this forum,he prolly got them for free and just wants to make some money,they are just tps rubber shafts painted like response rubbers and plus who cares what shipping is thats a hell of a good price for a brand new tps rubber shaft

couple days ago i won a synergy on ebay for 40$ US plus shipping which was 20$ to ship to only the US..which i thought was a good deal and it was brand new. Well he lived in US and he told me that since i live in canada it would cost more...it wouldve cost me 40$ extra!!! So i said no way...................and guess what...he lived in canada

also heres another ebay idiot which he thinks when u cut a synergy it turns into a sythesis

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...7165000022&rd=1

No, I don't think that $27 is a bad price for a shaft. I do, however, think it's deceptive (buy for a penny..... but $27 for shipping (when it would likely cost less than $7).

BUT, you're right - still a good price.

No, I don't think that $27 is a bad price for a shaft.  I do, however, think it's deceptive (buy for a penny..... but $27 for shipping (when it would likely cost less than $7).

BUT, you're right - still a good price.

I had an eBay guru tell me that people price items with low bid and high shipping because it lowers their fees to eBay, since fees are based off the initial insertion price and final selling price.

However, many people won't bid on items with ridiculous shipping charges, so to save $1.25 in eBay fees might not be worth it if the product could have been bid up higher with more bidders.

Huh, that's interesting. Never thought of it that way, and yet, it makes perfect sense.

Hopefully folks check the "fine print" though before buying (i.e., notice the shipping charge). Still, a good price though.

On the buyer's side if something had a low bid but high shipping, I probably would not bid because they will rip me off further because of shipping costs to Canada.

Also if an item is sold by a large store, or the seller has more than 500 feedback generally I will not bid because they usually have a long page for the item which has tons of fine print. Sometimes they say shipping to Canada is 4 times more.

i wouldnt be surprised if ebay solves this "shipping fee" problem soon. since they control paypal now, and with paypal you can buy shipping. there should be some solution. domestic shipping is easy to do, international can be a problem though

...onto another Ebay idiot. Well.... to be honest, not an idiot, but clearly someone who is trying to be creative in the way he's taking advantage of people:

Isn't that "idiot" an MSH'er?

Actually, a Synthesis shaft would be longer than a converted Synnergy, wouldn't it?

Regardless, the issue is one of having to cut it correctly, so AT's point is still somewhat valid - the guy is trying to pass it off as something it is not, right down to including a photo of a Synthesis shaft as opposed to his broken Synnergy.

You're loosing a bit of height and some taper. I honestly don't think this guy is a "moron" or scammer, just trying to get his point across. If he says "I made my Synergy into a shaft which accepts tapered blades" alot of people won't understand. Simply calling it a "synergy synthesis" seems to save alot of time and hassle. From reading it I know its an OPS and I know he cut it. If he screwed up, then you're out of luck, but thats like everything on ebay, the buyer can just screw you if he wants.

It is not lighter, the kick point is the same or extremely similar and if a tapered Synergy is used under the same conditions as a Synthesis, they will have the same durability. A synergy is a fused Synthesis.

...onto another Ebay idiot.  Well.... to be honest, not an idiot, but clearly someone who is trying to be creative in the way he's taking advantage of people:

NOW: Notice that he is selling TPS Rubber OPS for a mere penny!  A PENNY!  Oh.... but shipping and handling is $27

Isn't that "idiot" an MSH'er?

OUCH! Marcelo??? You see that?

He's "quoting" you...

"onto another Ebay idiot...not idiot, but someone who takes advantage of people"