Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

XXXX

After some of the gaudy stuff that's come out in the last eight years, I think they look fairly conservative. Definitely have the Flexlite contours on the sides, though. The Flexlite and Vapor lines both looked like alien intervention when they first came out.

The big difference for me between both of those and the 90 series is the fit around the top above my ankles. My 70s (I didn't have the gall to ask Evan for 90s) have a quarter inch of simisoftness at the top that moulds to me better. If I put my foot into my Flexlites too quick at the wrong angle, they'd carve off a piece of ankle skin. My Vapors were almost a half size too big and never broke in right---but the tongue killed my ankles right at the nerve ball in front of your ankles on the Flexlites and Vapors. I had to cut a notch out of both tongues.

I really don't know the diff between 70s and 90s, but I think the 70s are the most modern boot I've ever seen, with the diamond skeletal system under the simi-transparent overlayor. This is the same structural system used in all cactus and a lot of other plants for form and strength.

And with all that they're quite conservative looking. I expect them to hold up like the XXXs--GOOD!! And most important, they're really comfortable with no mods. Well, I did get a decent footbead. Nike/Bauer super thin liners suck and always follow your foot out of the boot. Never understood that!

I thought my flexlites are a work of art, and the new Vectors are ugly as hell, but i'd takemy new vectors over the flexlites any day since they fit better.

Honestly, who cares what the skate looks like? I would buy a skate that had accents of pink and purple if it fit my feet right. You guys are strictly judging on how a skate looks to decide if you'd buy it or not. Dumb. CCM makes probably the ugliest inline skates out of everyone, yet I wear them because they're extremely comfortable.

I'm with JR on this one though, I still like them. Too bad my feet don't fit in NBH skates, or I'd have to give these a whirl.

I believe that the look of a skate does influence whether or not someone will buy it (at least in ICE hockey). I don't think these guys are buying it solely on it's look. What if skate A fits/performs the same as skate B, what's the deciding factor? The one that makes you look faster/pro/flashy/whatever......

Honestly, who cares what the skate looks like? I would buy a skate that had accents of pink and purple if it fit my feet right. You guys are strictly judging on how a skate looks to decide if you'd buy it or not. Dumb. CCM makes probably the ugliest inline skates out of everyone, yet I wear them because they're extremely comfortable.

I'm with JR on this one though, I still like them. Too bad my feet don't fit in NBH skates, or I'd have to give these a whirl.

I believe that the look of a skate does influence whether or not someone will buy it (at least in ICE hockey). I don't think these guys are buying it solely on it's look. What if skate A fits/performs the same as skate B, what's the deciding factor? The one that makes you look faster/pro/flashy/whatever......

exactly, that is why I said "performance being equal". If both skates fit, feel and are equal in performance (like the 9k and Vector 10's) I will pick the skate that I feel looks better to me.

Saw the skate in person today - make no bones about it, it's a Vapor through and through. It's darker in person and it does fade to a darker color in the heel area. The tendon guard is the same, but it is chromed out on the edge and the middle of it has a red stripe. Flexlite 12 tongue with Nike laces. Outsole has a red X on it as well. ONE90 toecap as well.

The ribs wrap around the heel area and they cross over each other, and two of them are red.

I still like it, but there is a bit too much red on it.

Just wondering if anyone knows what skates Corvo is using? Would they be the nes Vapor XXXX? The reason I am asking is because I saw them real fast on Sat when they played Carolina, the sides looked like the Vector 10's but the back, tendon piece, looked like the Vapors.

yeah i'm pretty sure i just saw someone from ottawa wearing them

yeah vermette is wearing xxx's now but i could have sworn i saw him wearing forty's in the first period

Look at the pics in the NHL Gallery, you can see a pic of Vermette using them.

The new XXXX's actually look better in person then they do in the picture that JR posted,I thougth they were way to flashy in that pic,but after seeing them Sat night in person and watching the guys in them,there not a bad looking skate. Half of one of the University teams we played against on Sat was wearing them,and probably 75% of the teams was using an all black stick too.I am guessing a new version Vapour stick,Possibly a XXXX. Seeing how this teams gets all the newest gear long before the NHL boys do. They are the Bauer test team. Just like the other team in our division is RBK's. Oh by the way JR still no luck on a picture of that new 9k one piece for you,I should of taken some when I had them in my hand that night.There was about 30 of them leaning on the hallway wall. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you though.

so far i'm not a fan of either the vapor XXXXs or the stealth S9s although I havent seen either up close. companies are coming out with some really ugly skates I think. in my honest opinion the Mission Fuels and Vector 10.0s are horrid as well, theyre too flashy and tacky as well.

The new XXXX's actually look better in person then they do in the picture that JR posted,I thougth they were way to flashy in that pic,but after seeing them Sat night in person and watching the guys in them,there not a bad looking skate. Half of one of the University teams we played against on Sat was wearing them,and probably 75% of the teams was using an all black stick too.I am guessing a new version Vapour stick,Possibly a XXXX. Seeing how this teams gets all the newest gear long before the NHL boys do. They are the Bauer test team. Just like the other team in our division is RBK's. Oh by the way JR still no luck on a picture of that new 9k one piece for you,I should of taken some when I had them in my hand that night.There was about 30 of them leaning on the hallway wall. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you though.

Agreed...it looks better in person. I saw them last week.