Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

XXXX

Alot of the players on Team Canada are sporting them for the junior tournament.

Actually not alot of the players on the Canadian team are wearing them. I know Pyatt #27 is for sure, and Bourdon has a pair but haven't seen him wear them yet. Most of them are still wearing XXX's, a few pairs of 9ks, and One90s.

I just got another new pair of XXXs and some blue blades from totalhockey so I'm not gonna be in the market for new skates for a year or so...

Still, I was wondering if the XXXXs are going to be "hand made" like the Vapor 30s are ?

i can't wait for these to come out. not because i want them, but because it means XXX's will go on sale and i need new skates pretty bad. love evenything about bauer vapors except the way LS2 holder's require runner replacement. had a big problem with my last skates....

i just noticed hemsky from the oilers wearing the XXXX for tonights game. i know he's been trying them out for some time in practice but this is the first time i've seen him wear them during a game. if anyone wants to know he used nothing but XXX before.

XXXX will be made overseas.

Huh, I would have thought since thee were a top of the line skate they would have been Made In Canada. Are there many skates left made in Canada? Or are most of them made off-shore? I have noticed the Designed in Canada labels.

Huh, I would have thought since thee were a top of the line skate they would have been Made In Canada. Are there many skates left made in Canada? Or are most of them made off-shore? I have noticed the Designed in Canada labels.

Grafs baby, Grafs... Oh Canada

I was told the XXXs will continue to be made for the foreseeable future since they are handmade in Canada and can be customized easier?

Is that true? I bought another pair of XXXs at my LHS last week and they were marked down to $409 though...

Top end RBK and CCM are made in Canada, as well as ONE90.

I was told the XXXs will continue to be made for the foreseeable future since they are handmade in Canada and can be customized easier?

Is that true? I bought another pair of XXXs at my LHS last week and they were marked down to $409 though...

XXX is made overseas - they shifted production there when the ONE90 came out. As far as the rest of your comment, no.

yeah in a couple years, maybe i'll consider some graf skates. Right now my lowly Synergy 500's will have to carry me.;)

EDIT:

Ah! Thanks JR, i thought the top of line skates were still made in CA.

NBH had fit stock available to try on at OneGoal in the XXXX skate. I found my size and laced them up. If you like or love the fit of your first XX or XXX, then the XXXX will not let you down. I have owned XX and used them for over 18 months with no problems. Once I laced on the XXXX, the skates felt comfortably similar to my XX. I was walking around the booth trying on equipment while I had the XXXX on. At one point I met another dealer in my territory and talked shop with them for about 30 minutes. All this time the XXXX were on and felt great. I know that baking them would just be the cherry on top to finalize fit. I almost felt baking would not have been necessary if it wasn't an option. I am glad that NBH brought the anatomical toe cap to the XXXX. It helps with sizing, durability, and looks long after the old style toe caps were shredded. If you are a Vapor guy, then the XXXX will be a continuation of a successful skate for you.

thats perfect how they are expected to come out in June '07, my birthday is in July, haha I know what i'm asking for :)

as long as they fit you.

i want them too if the fit is right.

thats perfect how they are expected to come out in June '07, my birthday is in July, haha I know what i'm asking for :)

as long as they fit you.

i want them too if the fit is right.

yeah, but I've been with vapors since the X, and I'll never go back...bast skates ever IMO

Co-worker of mine said they were pretty heavy. He wasn't impressed with them at all.

I think it is all relative...are they heavy, no, not even close...1998 CCM 952's were heavy. They are extremely light...lightest skate out there? No. Heaviest? No.