Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

XXXX

they look somewhat cool, but i think that the vapor xxxx's wont be as big as hit as the vapor xxx's were

i agree, so many people bought the one90s and the xxx's that i dont think they are going to buy these skates so soon. i like the one90s a lot beter then the xxxx

Seriously, how much can these skates be an improvement over the XXX or the one90s? I just don't think we need new skates coming out every half a year. I believe the current lines of skates available in the market are already amazing and these new skates coming out might not even offer any improvements, just a way to make us drool over the new "look".

Seriously, how much can these skates be an improvement over the XXX or the one90s? I just don't think we need new skates coming out every half a year. I believe the current lines of skates available in the market are already amazing and these new skates coming out might not even offer any improvements, just a way to make us drool over the new "look".

They're not just adding a new skate(well, an updated version) for no reason. NBH carries 2 completely different lines of skates(3 if you include the Flexlites). They added a new supreme skate in the one90, and hadn't introduced a new Vapor since the XXX. The 40 is coming at a really good time for us from an LHS's view as we are beginning to run low on 30s.

Um...the XXX came out two years ago.

No more XXX...the XIX will be the XV, and I forget the other ones...

I mean why do we need an updated XXX?

I mean why do we need an updated XXX?

Because new products sell better than old ones.

I suppose they'll update the looks on the other models in the line as well?

Yup.

totally agree... I buy skate when they are going on sale!!! :)

I agree....if the price is right I may try to pick up a pair.

On a side note, do the XXX's punch out well (and stay punched out)? I have to punch out any skates I have because of my cursed feet.

No. I'm sure I could if I wanted to though.

i like them a lot. they arn't the prettiest things, but they will probably please you when you see them in person. ive felt them and they are extremley light

Alot of the players on Team Canada are sporting them for the junior tournament.

im curious to see how the mainstream NHL goes with them... many chose to remain in vapor XXX's instead of the One90. while i realize its a different skate, presumably the XXXX will have a different feel from the XXX.

maybe we'll see XXX's dressed like XXXX's, but for all i know the only change they did was more padding, which you could have done through custom options.

Changed the toe box/cap also. Can't tell from pictures, but I'm curious if any change was made to the tendon guard to make it more flexible, similar to the One90?