Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

XXXX

I think they're a good change from the current models, but as everyone else has a mixed opinion on them, as it is a big change from the previous vapors, and will require some adjustment to the design. Personally, I think the design is right on, (with the red patch to look similar to the blue spot on the one90's) but the color scheme could use some adjustments, like black w/ silver and red (black being the dominant color, like the XXX's).

On the whole I would buy them...

I'm diggin' it. They seem to have the style of not only nike skates, but nike sneakers somehow, and yet I can see that the cut is just like my old XXs.

thanks JR.

Yes, they are, actually. No more perf.

I took a nap and I'm still liking them. I don't get it. And I'm not even a flashy skate kinda guy.

Because they match your nose? LOL

I like them... in spite of the "flash", but I like them.

I kind of like em.

JR, when do you think we'll see NHLers wearing them? Not that it matters, just curious.

They look better than the XX's, but not the XXX's, IMO.

I like the non-perforated steel though.

Something about the color scheme though, they look like they'd get crummy real fast. Especially those silver parts.

Watching the number 1 college hockey team play this weekend I now know what a few of them are wearing. I thought it was strange that so many of them had gone to Nike. I'll be at the rink tonight, I see if I can get some info and verify that was the skate they were using. I'm wondering if the new skate will have the same zero space concept as the one90.

Yeah, i would have to definitely say more of a flexlite look than vaor but who cares. As a retail manager Im more excited about the fact that the skates have flare which = people buying them. All of that aside, they look to me like the eyelets take a very hard 90 degree angle and may be as high cut as the flexlite models. can anyone verify this or tell me otherwise? Wonder if the XXXX will be more supportive than its predecessors?? Did the boot look like its fit would be more flexlite ish or vapor ish? Just curious. I believe that these skates are scheduled to hit stores in June 07. Im kinda surprised thatw e havent seen more pairs in the pros however. Anyways, thanks for the pics JR. i had seen a very vague sketch a while back but this gives me a better idea of what to expect.

Someone mentioned earlier that the NBH rep would have these on hand at the Michigan MSH game. Is this game open to out of state mod squaders?? If so i may have to join, its not that far of a drive for me from OHIO. Lemme know.

Hey Jr will they be lighter then the one90s?

Or does anyone know?

why... will that make you a better skater. does it really matter if it is 10 grams lighter or heavier then the others. I hope it's heavier, so maybe it will last a full season.

I don't think so. I have not heard that they will be.

hehe... "I don't think so...... Homey don't play that"

the manager at my lhs was talking about the pic you posted... he knows I post on here- he said "that guy's good"

Yeah, i would have to definitely say more of a flexlite look than vaor but who cares. As a retail manager Im more excited about the fact that the skates have flare which = people buying them. All of that aside, they look to me like the eyelets take a very hard 90 degree angle and may be as high cut as the flexlite models. can anyone verify this or tell me otherwise? Wonder if the XXXX will be more supportive than its predecessors?? Did the boot look like its fit would be more flexlite ish or vapor ish? Just curious. I believe that these skates are scheduled to hit stores in June 07. Im kinda surprised thatw e havent seen more pairs in the pros however. Anyways, thanks for the pics JR. i had seen a very vague sketch a while back but this gives me a better idea of what to expect.

Someone mentioned earlier that the NBH rep would have these on hand at the Michigan MSH game. Is this game open to out of state mod squaders?? If so i may have to join, its not that far of a drive for me from OHIO. Lemme know.

It's the same fit/cut - the boot is an update, not a different skate.

MSH skate is open to anyone willing to come up.

Watching the number 1 college hockey team play this weekend I now know what a few of them are wearing. I thought it was strange that so many of them had gone to Nike. I'll be at the rink tonight, I see if I can get some info and verify that was the skate they were using. I'm wondering if the new skate will have the same zero space concept as the one90.

It most likely was - Maine is a Nike school and NBH is based in Greenland, NH.

Watching the number 1 college hockey team play this weekend I now know what a few of them are wearing.  I thought it was strange that so many of them had gone to Nike.  I'll be at the rink tonight, I see if I can get some info and verify that was the skate they were using.  I'm wondering if the new skate will have the same zero space concept as the one90.

It most likely was - Maine is a Nike school and NBH is based in Greenland, NH.

New Hampshire is a NBH school as well

It's actually too bad the 190 and the XXXX's are going to have a similar style now. With the Vapor XXX's were targeting more traditional (Bauer)player preferences, and the 190's more for the trendier (Nike) crowd. Now everyone will be trendy I guess.....