Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

XXXX

One would say it was the opposite until the 90 came out - the Supreme was the traditional boot and the Vapor the trendy skate.

Looking at this skate, I think it's still that - this boot is much more flashier than the 90.

You've got a point....funny how what was 'out-there' became the traditional!! Even fooled me:)

It's actually too bad the 190 and the XXXX's are going to have a similar style now. With the Vapor XXX's were targeting more traditional (Bauer)player preferences, and the 190's more for the trendier (Nike) crowd. Now everyone will be trendy I guess.....

At this point they both look like Nike skates.

Personally, I think they're u-g-l-y. Then again, I thought the XXs and XXXs were awful (aesthetically-speaking), but still loved them and bought multiple pairs of each. I have always been a huge fan of the fit and performance of the Vapor line, so I am not going to judge these before I have them on my feet and am able to take them for a spin.

I like the looks. the tongue looks like the traditional style, which I don't care for. the tongues in the One90's are great. looks like the plastic toe cap is on the XXXX's as well. how is the footbed and liner? are the boots as stiff as the One90's?

thanx for the pic JR

Dont like'em but maybe the will start to grow on people like a rash does... Nike skate with XXXX stiched into the boot...A sad day for the Vapor line???? :(

Looks ALOT like a Flexlite styling, I personally think it's a disgrace to the Vapor line, but it's supposed to be lighter than the ONE90.

-I saw one of these in person, it doesn't look rediculously special. I'd assume the skate is gonna be more than the S-ONE90... let's say closer to 700$ as opposed to the 600$ Tag now.

I don't like them, they are a little too flashy for my liking.

This makes me even happier about picking up the extra pair of 8090's when I had the chance.

cant really comment on the flexlites.. mine were too big for me.

i think we should wait for more/better pictures before we trash on it.

if i do remember, when we 1st saw the one90's everyone bashed their looks, but still got em.

they do remind me of the old Ignite styling a bit. Not bad. If it fits your foot why not? I see them as a natural evolution of flashy lightweight skates. I think they look better than the 06 Vectors. But that's my opinion.

I don't like the 06 Vectors either. It's a shame the older ones were such a nice looking skate.

I skate in what people consider the ugliest skate on the market (RBK 8k) and I love them. Looks are only a small part of the package.

Looks ALOT like a Flexlite styling, I personally think it's a disgrace to the Vapor line, but it's supposed to be lighter than the ONE90.

-I saw one of these in person, it doesn't look rediculously special. I'd assume the skate is gonna be more than the S-ONE90... let's say closer to 700$ as opposed to the 600$ Tag now.

And where did you see this skate?

The MI rep hasn't shown samples yet.

Why would I want to? Not only is it ugly as sin, we've seen it already.

But not such a great and closed up pic like the XXXX one. It was a joke anyways.

don't really care for the look. Performance being equal I would pick the One90's over them for that reason. That is why I choose the 9k over the Vector 10, that electric blue accent and chevron stripes made the skate pretty unappealing to me.

Honestly, who cares what the skate looks like? I would buy a skate that had accents of pink and purple if it fit my feet right. You guys are strictly judging on how a skate looks to decide if you'd buy it or not. Dumb. CCM makes probably the ugliest inline skates out of everyone, yet I wear them because they're extremely comfortable.

I'm with JR on this one though, I still like them. Too bad my feet don't fit in NBH skates, or I'd have to give these a whirl.