Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

I planned on seeing them over Spring Break but ended up going to Florida instead :ph34r:

I don't know that all original members left for sure or not. Hope not. I thought they just came out with a new album anyway?

If anyone likes mashups and music types like that check out Girl Talk, I suggest the albums Feed The Animals and Night Ripper.

I did not think I would even like it till I actually listened to it and it is brilliant. I play this stuff at all the partys and everyone is always asking what it is, its not just your general 2 songs put together mashups there are 10+ built into just about every song and the tracks are ment to be listened to in order because each song strings into the next.

Edited by Slapshot9123

If anyone likes mashups and music types like that check out Girl Talk, I suggest the albums Feed The Animals and Night Ripper.

I did not think I would even like it till I actually listened to it and it is brilliant. I play this stuff at all the partys and everyone is always asking what it is, its not just your general 2 songs put together mashups there are 10+ built into just about every song and the tracks are ment to be listened to in order because each song strings into the next.

Girl Talk is huge around here. Really good mashups.

As for As Blood Runs Black, Allegiance was a great cd, but the new stuff is terrible IMO.

lol saw dragonforce live........terrible.

Their album work is decient tho, I cant listen to a cd straight through from them but a few songs here and there are always very good.

As a musican I must say, they have no depth in their music its just play as fast as possible.

Edit:

Adding another band to the list, Porcupine Tree amazing prog band that seems to be unherd of to many.

PT - Fear Of A Blank Planet

Edited by Slapshot9123

Heres the thing about Dragonforce; if you hear one of their songs and don't like it, you wont like any of their other stuff. All of their songs sound the same, but I happen to dig the whole "play as fast as you can" deal.

Also, the reason I pulled up this thread. Liquid Tension Experiment. Instrumental metal, kind of.

Hit up Best Buy and picked up the As Blood Runs Black joint, shit seems cool and good to listen to on the way to hockey and martial arts training.

Also picked up the new UNEARTH double DVD. This is one of the few bands that puts a smile on my face as I think about how much they destroy.

Edited by Doctor Hook

My friend showed me this band the other day on youtube called "The Hellecasters". It's a band of I think four guys that all play Telecasters. They're really good.

Also picked up the new UNEARTH double DVD. This is one of the few bands that puts a smile on my face as I think about how much they destroy.

That's whats up... I love that live DVD. I've got the audio ripped to my ipod. Check out my man Derek the water fairy during the credits..... he's hilarious. Actually all the Unearth dudes are a hoot.

I've been hit with a sudden urge to give some new music a listen. I spend a lot of time scoping out the music scene and learning about new bands, but I'm just not finding anything that catches my ear lately.

-Loud/Fast/Heavy stuff like Converge, Between the Buried and Me, Dillinger Escape Plan, Meshuggah

Anyway....does anybody know of some bands they think I'd like?

Depending on how you lean in this genre, I could probably talk about this stuff all day, particularly the late 90s stuff that lead to the current crop of bands. My initial recomendations are:

Defunct Bands:

Prayer for Cleansing: http://www.myspace.com/prayerforcleansing Moshy metal/hardcore from North Carolina. Two guys from this band (paul and tommy) went on to be in BTBaM.

Wings of Scarlet http://www.myspace.com/wingsofscarlet Sick/Brutal/Heavy metalcore from Wisconsin, that has some awesome soaring guitar parts. I assume they didn't get more popular because they were from the middle of nowhere.

Creation is Crucifixion: http://www.myspace.com/creationiscrucifixionfans Tech metal/hc from pgh that's similiar to the first DEP record. The drummer is in the somewhat popular (in some circles) grindcore band Cattle Decapitation.

Overcast: http://www.myspace.com/overcastrocks Boston metal/hc that's pretty brutal. The singer is the current singer for Shadows Fall, and two other guys (maybe guitarists? I don't know) started Kill Switch Engage. This is way more crushing than those bands, and has way less wanky guitar parts.

All of these bands are broken up, and aren't seeing any sort of royalties from cd sales, and never had any ideas of making money. I can "get" you the albums through internet magic if you'd like.

Current Bands:

Cursed: http://www.myspace.com/cursedhardcore My favorite band right now (they just broke up, but whatever). Fast and dirty hardcore/punk/metal with brilliant bitter lyrics.

Heaven Shall Burn: http://www.myspace.com/officialheavenshallburn Metal from Germany. I think their older albums are better, and may be more in line with what you want. The older stuff has less solos and more mosh parts than the stuff on the myspace page. You guys who were talking about Unearth would definately dig this.

Trap Them: http://www.myspace.com/trapthem This might be more hardcore/punk influenced than what you're looking for, but it's definately fast/loud.

Hero Destroyed: http://www.myspace.com/herodestroyed Heavy hardcore/metal with technical guitar parts. Just releaed a cd on Relapse Records.

Conelrad: http://www.myspace.com/conelrad Weirdo metal from Pittsburgh. Techy guitars, crazy druming that's like 90% fills.

At the Gates: http://www.myspace.com/atthegatesband I think a lot of the up and coming metal bands that are on the radio bite off of their "slaughter of the soul" album really bad. This band more or less set the standard for metal bands in Sweden.

I tried to pick out bands that fit in with the ones that you listed. I can give other recomendations that are more metal, less metal, more punk, more noisey, etc. Or maybe this all blows and sounds like music made by idiots who can't keep time. You likely wont' be able to find most of this stuff at best buy, but should be able to order in on the interweb with a little searching. I can direct you to proper places if need be.

I don't read this thread that much, so if you have any questions or want to hear more from these bands or similiar bands, PM me and I can help out.

The older I get the more I realize that steel drums make every song better. I can listen to just about anything with musical value but a catchy melody and some steel drums make me smile every time. Now where did I put that rum.....

maybe one of you could help me, i cant for the life of me remember the name of a band, their lead singer is the old killswitch engage singer, have an awesome song called seven?

blood has been shed

Fedorov#91, you're thinking Seemless. My good friend Derek is the drummer (as well as Unearth, and Kingdom of Sorrow *aka* Hatebreed + Crowbar)....great band. \m/ BROOTAL GROOVE \m/ haha..

Chikin... Howard from BHBS is the new singer for KSE.

Massachusetts is an incestual pool of metal and hard rock.. everyone's played with everyone at one point or another.

Before singing for Kill Switch Engage and Seamless, that guy sang for a band called Corrin. You can listen to two songs and read about them hear here:

http://www.onedaysavior.com/blog/2007/01/c...ian-shores.html

That's whats up... I love that live DVD. I've got the audio ripped to my ipod. Check out my man Derek the water fairy during the credits..... he's hilarious. Actually all the Unearth dudes are a hoot.

A lot of live DVDs are snoozefests but I'd definitely re-watch this one a few more times. I actually like how in disc 1 it's strictly the tuneage, although it would've been nice if they had some sort of intro.

You ever like a band for a while, bought their albums, saw their live shows, then just kind of forget about them for a few years before you realize they put out an album a year ago and you just got around to getting it and you realize how awesome this band is?

Happened to me with AS I LAY DYING.

Loving "An Ocean Between Us". I might spin kick a newspaper vendor on my morning commute tomorrow as I bump this on my iPod.

You ever like a band for a while, bought their albums, saw their live shows, then just kind of forget about them for a few years before you realize they put out an album a year ago and you just got around to getting it and you realize how awesome this band is?

Happened to me with AS I LAY DYING.

Loving "An Ocean Between Us". I might spin kick a newspaper vendor on my morning commute tomorrow as I bump this on my iPod.

Awesome album, more thrashy and more riffage. I remember hearing 94 hours and I was like holy sh*t at the drumming at 1:20 and I was hooked.

Alter Bridge

To be straight up with you, I was more of a Creed fan than an AB one. Anything with Tremonti playing in it is going to be worth listening to, but IMO Stapp > Kennedy. Definitely worth a listen to anyone who hasn't heard it though.

the Black Crowes. Kinda like a Country Rock Blues band, its what i think Aerosmith would sound like if they did a ton of Acid and LSD.

The first disc was good old fashioned rock and roll. The drugs and egos took their toll on the next several discs. I saw them open for Aerosmith around the time the first disc came out, great show. If you like that stuff also check out Cry of Love, Brother Cane and The Screaming Cheetah Wheelies. They came out in the early 90s and had some good sounding stuff, but never went anywhere with it.

Suggested songs

Cry of Love

Peace Pipe, Too Cold in the Winter

Screaming Cheetah Wheelies

Shakin the Blues

Brother Cane

Got no Shame (hell anything off the first disc)