Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

J Roddy Walston and the Business....really good pure rock band, amazing live show...they're my cousin in-law's band from DC.

www.myspace.com/jroddy

also,

My band! (I drum)

http://www.myspace.com/itsteeth listen to "Run Like Hell" or "Antarctica"

We try to play heavy/pretty/epic instrumental stuff along the lines of Red Sparowes, Russian Circles, Minus the Bear(minus vocals), This Will Destroy You...only obviously we're not as good as those bands.

Edited by thefelixculpa

Street Sweeper Social Club: Tom Morello and Boots Riley playing together. Tom Morello's a god with a guitar, and Boots Riley is Boots Riley.

Their whole album is up here: http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...lbumid=12467841

Morello used to spend a lot of time making weird noises with his guitar, is he still doing that? He was probably the worst live guitarist I've ever seen when they played lollapalooza in 93 or 94.

Street Sweeper Social Club: Tom Morello and Boots Riley playing together. Tom Morello's a god with a guitar, and Boots Riley is Boots Riley.

Their whole album is up here: http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...lbumid=12467841

Morello used to spend a lot of time making weird noises with his guitar, is he still doing that? He was probably the worst live guitarist I've ever seen when they played lollapalooza in 93 or 94.

Off and on. Live, yeah, sometimes it's questionable. In studio with a master recording? Incredible. I enjoyed watching the videos of Morello live though, guess it's an acquired taste.

Don't forget Morello's aweful, aweful acoustic folk record under the moniker...The Nightwatchman.

A few months ago, someone on here recommended The Gaslight Anthem. I would encourage anyone to check them out. Great band from jersey, heavily influenced by Springsteen. Give them a listen, and thank you to whoever put them down.

A few months ago, someone on here recommended The Gaslight Anthem. I would encourage anyone to check them out. Great band from jersey, heavily influenced by Springsteen. Give them a listen, and thank you to whoever put them down.

That was me. They are still in my top 5 on my ipod. Even Cowgirls Get The Blues is my favorite song by them.

Faith No More

They are quite possibly one of the greatest bands during the early 90s, Mike Patton is a musical genius and extremely talented. And yes there is much much to them than Epic and We Care A Lot. Check out the A Small Victory album its really good.

On a side note, after been listening to it for almost a month Dream Theater's new cd Black Clouds and Silver Linings is actually pretty decent, it blows Systematic Chaos out of the water but it just isnt quite up there for me with all their other cds.

Faith No More

They are quite possibly one of the greatest bands during the early 90s, Mike Patton is a musical genius and extremely talented. And yes there is much much to them than Epic and We Care A Lot. Check out the A Small Victory album its really good.

Musical genius? I'm going to have to disagree on that one. A friend of mine was a huge fan of theirs in the early 90s and I saw them a couple times. They were terrible live and Patton was horrendous. I may have just seen them on off nights, but most of the live videos weren't all that impressive.

Faith No More

Musical genius? I'm going to have to disagree on that one. A friend of mine was a huge fan of theirs in the early 90s and I saw them a couple times. They were terrible live and Patton was horrendous. I may have just seen them on off nights, but most of the live videos weren't all that impressive.

I truly think he is a musical genius but to each his own. Faith No More is an acquired taste, for most of the people I know its either you love them or hate them. You might not be familiar with most of his side projects where he is much more creative such as Mr Bungle and Peeping Tom, his solo work is also very good.

Heard a band UUVVWWZ the other day and really liked them. Especially the Song "Shark Suit". Haven't been able to download anything from them, or locate a CD, but they have a myspace page and a few sites let you stream some songs.

Faith No More

I truly think he is a musical genius but to each his own. Faith No More is an acquired taste, for most of the people I know its either you love them or hate them. You might not be familiar with most of his side projects where he is much more creative such as Mr Bungle and Peeping Tom, his solo work is also very good.

The reunion shows have all been very very good and highly appraised. I saw them myself three times (twice before the split, once just a few weeks ago) and have to agree with the reviews. Highly energetic and musically very solid on stage. Patton is a fantastic singer imo. The youtube videos on their recent shows can contest to that, some pro shots are available (for example their Download show).

Another band that deserves a plug is Porcupine Tree. Classic floydish progrock in the early days and nowadays a fusion between prog metal riffs and odd rhythm patterns and floyidish space trips. Good stuff. http://www.myspace.com/porcupinetree

If you are more into progmetal then Mastodon is highly recommended. Think it hs been mentioned here already. They are awesome. http://www.myspace.com/mastodon

Last but not least Id like to mention Oceansize in this context. A mix between Alternative rock and prog metal, probably not very well known outside England/Europe. http://www.myspace.com/oceansizeuk

Edited by mrruin

Porcupine Tree is simply amazing. I have seen them twice now and both shows have been amazing. I am very excited for there new album and the 40+ min epic that will be on it.

Faith No More

I've heard the Mr Bungle stuff too and was even less impressed with that.

Saw some clips on TV of one of the reunion shows and it was far superior to the older shows in musical quality and vocal clarity.

Spocks Beard

hell yeah! Good time old school prog though I lost interest after Neal Morse left. The new stuff just doesnt have the magic anymore. But up to V every record is fantastic 70s prog done new.

Edited by mrruin