Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

p.s., is this too low?

ms3lowbw.jpg

That's....beautiful. Plan on doing anything with the wheels or are you gonna keep the stockies?

Edited by EBondo

That's....beautiful. Plan on doing anything with the wheels or are you gonna keep the stockies?

Stockers are 18x7.5, with a 225/40/18 tire. Thinking by early summer I'll be on something forged, light and at least 9" wide. Between the new suspension and the bolt-on's I've got, it's become a very competent (read: quick) car, so I don't have too much else planned for now.

Nice, can't wait to see the progress on that.

5 Minute Major: you got an Si? THAT I'm dying to see pictures of. Are you on 8thcivic?

5 Minute Major: you got an Si? THAT I'm dying to see pictures of. Are you on 8thcivic?

Yup! It's a red 8th gen. I love it! I had a 99' back in the day and was driving a 98 GS-R up until 2 months ago. It was time for a new ride.

This is it right now w/ Enkei EKM3's.

sienkeiwheels.jpg

mugenlipsedit.jpg

Edited by 5 Minute Major

Just got new ignition coils, spark plugs and wires installed. Car's 17 years old and at 97,500 mi.

Totally fixed up whatever power I was missing; the car was pretty sluggish for a while.

Just got done replacing all four shock absorbers, the front pads and rotors, the spark plugs (g*****n that 6th one was tough) and wires, the timing belt, water pump, all accessory belts and radiator hoses and flushing the coolant and greasing the front wheel bearings on the 2004 Nissan Frontier. Hopefully I'm good for another 100K without major work now.

The rotors and shock absorbers made the biggest noticeable difference. Truck rides better and doesn't pulse on braking now. Might have picked up a little more power from the plugs and wires. The old plugs were worn badly.

Nice YJ Scopes. I had a red '94 and still kick myself for getting rid of it. For some reason I really like YJs the best, even though a lot of people probably like them the least. I really don't care for the new Wranglers at all. They are too wide and they seem low to the ground.

Neal, I've got an '03 Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed. I'm at about 108k and still putting off that timing belt. I'm probably playing with fire on that one. I've had it since 40k and the only issue I've ever repaired was a water pump about 50k ago. Great truck overall and I think the styling still holds up 10 years later.

Yea, it was a great vehicle, a great feature was there is enough room to park another car under the hood, so any mechanical work was a breeze. Despite the < 120km/hr speed limit, concrete hard ride and massive wind buffeting with the top off it was probably the most fun I've had on 4 wheels.

My friend has a TJ Rubicon, and although it's got a lot of fancy new bells and whistles - it still is a Jeep, and you notice it a lot on the highway and everywhere else for that matter. It would be nice to see if they could do something about the on-road abilities of a Jeep.

My friend has a TJ Rubicon, and although it's got a lot of fancy new bells and whistles - it still is a Jeep, and you notice it a lot on the highway and everywhere else for that matter. It would be nice to see if they could do something about the on-road abilities of a Jeep.

That's a big part of the reason I love my FJ. The highway ride is so much better than a Jeep. Unfortunately, the roof doesn't come off.

That's a big part of the reason I love my FJ. The highway ride is so much better than a Jeep. Unfortunately, the roof doesn't come off.

Have you driven the new JK's? Mine is fantastic on the highway. Still maybe not as good as a "normal" SUV, but leaps and bounds ahead of the TJ's and YJ's.

Scopes, kick yourself another time from me for getting rid of that beautiful YJ! :tongue:

I just had a new one for a week in Aruba. While I didn't do a ton of highway driving, I did notice that it was better than the old YJ that we had when I was in high school. I would still take the FJ for longer trips, I just miss being able to rip the roof off of the YJ or my old Isuzu Amigo.

Scopes, kick yourself another time from me for getting rid of that beautiful YJ! :tongue:

I wish I didn't have to, needed something highway friendly.

Neal, I've got an '03 Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed. I'm at about 108k and still putting off that timing belt. I'm probably playing with fire on that one. I've had it since 40k and the only issue I've ever repaired was a water pump about 50k ago. Great truck overall and I think the styling still holds up 10 years later.

Get that belt done. If it goes your engine can be damaged badly.

How do I know? My belt was bad and broke on Saturday. At least I have a broken passenger side cam, maybe more.