Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapamatt122

quick question: is your golf swing and/or do you bat the same as you shoot?

I shoot left in hockey, as that was how I was set up when I was a kid (as I am right handed).. however, I bat right-handed and my golf swing is also right. I've never tried golfing left because I don't have access to LH golf clubs, and rh works fine for me.. and swinging the bat seems more comfortable rh as well. although I can play switch in hockey, I can shoot right as well its just not as good. so I'm just wondering if you all bat/golf the same or opposite from the way you shoot in hockey. I'm also wondering if I try to start batting left handed, would that improve my hand-eye coordination in hockey, as in improve my ability to knock down stray pucks out of the air because I really suck at that..

I do everything like you do. One of my good buddies is a great LH golfer. I'm not great, but I can hit his LH clubs better than he can hit my RH.

Hockey: Righty

Golf: Righty

Baseball: Switch

Tennis: Righty

Obviously, I do just about everything right-handed.

Go with what you're comfortable with. My dad handed me a stick with a straight blade when I was four-years-old and told me to fool around and see what works best. I did and haven't looked-back since. I think all of this stuff about "shooting with your opposite hand" might be a bit over-hyped.

As far as deflections are concerned, I really don't think it's going to make a difference. Hitting a baseball is nothing like tipping a shot.

Hockey: LH

Golf: RH (can't hit shit LH lol)

Baseball: RH

Tennis: Switch, play just as well useing either hand as the "forehand"

Throwing: RH (throw like a girl with my left)

Soccer: RF, but LF is decent.

Writing: LH, can't use my RH at all.

PC/Mouse: RH.

My daughter is left handed and golf/hockey/baseball is all leftie.

I started her off with a straight blade in hockey for a couple of years and she was clearly more comfortable left-handed. However... had I read the research studies into "handedness" in hockey back then, I probably would have had her play hockey shooting right - so her dominant left hand was on the top of the stick for better control and finesse. She's seen the demonstrations and research results and agrees she should be shhoting right... but it is too late to change now.

Right handed in life (writing, etc)

Hockey- left

Baseball- hit left, throw right

Golf- right

Soccer- right

And my vision is cross dominant so I'm a mess.

I beleive you are hard wired to shoot righ or left.My son is right handed and shoots right.Three other right handed players shoot right , all the others shoot left.I have seen twins who shoot one right, one left.Most golfers swing right.Most hockey players do shoot left.I find that stores stock fewer Righty sticks than Lefties.

In baseball I was a switch hitter, my RH swing was pure power. My LH swing was very fluid and just smooth, it would fly off my bat.

Golf, I can hit it both ways(haha) but I still suck at it.

Hockey, I can shoot both ways. Both are about the same speed to, except my LH slapper which has the worst form ever. I play RH because I can't puckhandle very well lefty.

I'm a true right hander but I can throw and write left handed, just not as nice and as easily. It's kinda cool being the only guy I know that can play pool left and right handed better than 99% of everyone I know as well as being able to throw a football left handed. What can I say I'm talented :P Hold on, what were we talking about? haha

Shoot lefty

Bat Lefty

Write Righty

Throw Righty (glove on left hand)

Goalie - Glove on right hand

When I would play goalie for kicks I would put the glove on my right hand (so I could shoot lefty), dont ask me why, the glove is more important than shooting I suppose, but it just felt more natural.

The only thing I do with my right hand is catch in baseball. I throw left, shoot left, golf left, bat left, write left and even the couple of times I've played in goal I caught with my left hand.

Right - writing, eating, all musical instruments, darts, pool, bowling, etc.

Left - hockey, golf, baseball.

Oh, and I swear I'm going to try throwing with my right arm someday.

Hockey - L

Baseball swing - R

Golf - R

Putt - L

I see one other poster is righty in golf, but putts left. I don't play much golf, but is that common? To swing/drive with one hand, and putt with the other?

Left - Hockey, Golf, Baseball, Sweep the floor ;)

Right - Throw, Write, Eat, TV clicker (two important items there)