Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westcory

White Rbk 9k

Ya, can you post the link on here please.

kovy9k.jpg

Kovalev's...(from the original "White RBK" thread...posted by JR the first time).

those r beautiful

The lace lock was definitely the best innovation I've seen on a skate, next to the Pump.

The lace lock is awesome. I wish my tacks had it so I don't have to double through. I mean it really doesn't change the way i lace up but it makes it easier to adjust.

ok the whole thing with the white 9k RBK'S is they got them custom made.I know a ccm/rbk brand rep and was lookin at all the new equipment that is comming out for the 07/08 season.RBK will not be comming out with white 9ks.the only people to ever where them will be any pro that gets them custom made.The next skate that RBK will come out with isnt comming out until this time next year. And the skates the smyth has the holders arnt blue there the new black holders that ccm has released they come with the new model of the Vector 10.0's the black and silver ones that ovechkin now wears.Personally i would loved to see white 9ks i love them and think they would sell really good.But as of now RBK hasnt mentioned anything about them. I will keep you all posted on anything new that ccm/rbk comes out with

ok the whole thing with the white 9k RBK'S is they got them custom made.I know a ccm/rbk brand rep and was lookin at all the new equipment that is comming out for the 07/08 season.RBK will not be comming out with white 9ks.the only people to ever where them will be any pro that gets them custom made.The next skate that RBK will come out with isnt comming out until this time next year. And the skates the smyth has the holders arnt blue there the new black holders that ccm has released they come with the new model of the Vector 10.0's the black and silver ones that ovechkin now wears.Personally i would loved to see white 9ks i love them and think they would sell really good.But as of now RBK hasnt mentioned anything about them. I will keep you all posted on anything new that ccm/rbk comes out with

Have you read this thread? it's all in there.

No need to, that's my job.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?showforum=62

Rumor has it that RBK is planning on offering Special Edition releases every once in a while. It really will depend on the demand by the public. The Ovechkin SE could be the result of customers and resellers bugging reps and writing to RBK to sell the skate...it only makes sense that demand would drive the decision to sell a skate that competes with itself.

If the demand is there (hint) the 9K could certainly become the next special edition skate.

The Vector SE is the skate that should have been the retail version.

Why do you say that?

It is interesting that in the catalog, it says texalium matrix outsole for the SE and not the normal 10.0. Then in the box it says "the new 10.0 SE offers a high performance snug fit and delivers an agile response feel."

This would imply that the SE has a different fit/boot construction than the regular 10.0...but I thought it was just cosmetic. Mainly just wondering because I will be in Chicago over New Years, and want to try on the vectors. The shop doesn't have the SEs yet, but will they fit differently from regular 10.0s?

The holders Ryan Smyth is wearing are Navy pro lite 3's and he did not get them from CCM. When they play the upcoming game that they are going to wear the Vintage jerseys, he is going to wear Royal Pro lite 3 holders.

Why do you say that?

It is interesting that in the catalog, it says texalium matrix outsole for the SE and not the normal 10.0. Then in the box it says "the new 10.0 SE offers a high performance snug fit and delivers an agile response feel."

This would imply that the SE has a different fit/boot construction than the regular 10.0...but I thought it was just cosmetic. Mainly just wondering because I will be in Chicago over New Years, and want to try on the vectors. The shop doesn't have the SEs yet, but will they fit differently from regular 10.0s?

Go to Total hockey in Downers Grove Chicago they have the SE CCM's

Why do you say that?

I am holding a 10.0 boot in my hand here and it says "Texallium matrix composite" on the outsole. It's the same boot.

Why do you say that?

Because the SE look is much more popular than the "normal" 10.0. Most of the time when CCM puts an accent color on their skates it has detracted from the appearance. The purple and copper accents on tacks from a few years ago would be a good example. They have done a pretty good job on the Vectors but the blue was a bad selection for most hockey players.

Why do you say that?

I am holding a 10.0 boot in my hand here and it says "Texallium matrix composite" on the outsole. It's the same boot.

Didn't we already have this discussion in the SE thread? It's quicksand JR, if people believe that its a completly different skate, that is what they are going to believe.

Go to Total hockey in Downers Grove Chicago they have the SE CCM's

Hey, thanks a lot for the tip, will check it out.

Didn't we already have this discussion in the SE thread? It's quicksand JR, if people believe that its a completly different skate, that is what they are going to believe.

Yes, and I didn't think its a completely different skate, but the wording used in the catalog to describe the SE as opposed to the regular 10.0 is pretty misleading then...