Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Wood Users

I haven't used a woodie in years but had a conversation with some teammates about them recently. Many of them feel they can be more aggressive when they don't have a $150 + piece of equipment that they're whacking at other $150 pieces of equipment with. In other words, they'd be too worried about breaking their composites to play their game. Did I mention they're known to whack and hack just a tiny bit?

Even if you play a clean game, theres no worse feeling than when some jerk steps on your blade or whacks at your stick.

I haven't used a woodie in years but had a conversation with some teammates about them recently. Many of them feel they can be more aggressive when they don't have a $150 + piece of equipment that they're whacking at other $150 pieces of equipment with. In other words, they'd be too worried about breaking their composites to play their game. Did I mention they're known to whack and hack just a tiny bit?

Even if you play a clean game, theres no worse feeling than when some jerk steps on your blade or whacks at your stick.

I got the best of both worlds, a Synergy shaft I got from the trash after a D1 college game with a $20 tapered wood blade. I'd rather it not break, but I've never played with it in mind.

My backup is a Ballistic shaft that can take more than a beating (albeit a bit heavy) with a standard $20 blade.

I can't use wood sticks. I use a monstrously tall stick, and there aren't enough options unless I go custom in the wood market.

ive been using $150+ sticks for a while, but ive always been aggressive no matter what stick i use. If i break a stick, that happens, but i will NEVER slow my game down because i might break something.

its just like not checking cause u might break a nail.

suck it up.

I use wood sticks because theyre cheaper. I break sticks more then anyone I know. I just go through them so freakin fast, I didnt want to continue buying $150 sticks every three weeks. Yes, Literally three weeks.

I use wood sticks ... mainly because I was told that with a wood stick you learn a better feeling for the puck and I haven't changed since then.

i use woodies for the feel and i have a much better slapshot with it, i have been trying a shaft wood blade combo wich is nice for a quicker release, i also dont mind breaking a 25$ woodie compared to a ops

its really nice and all that you guys dont like to pay 150+ for a composite stick but ive seen guys snap 3-4 woodies a game (sherwood 5030's) right off faceoffs or a shot, but ive seen it with composites too, I just started using wood sticks last year for shits but the amount i would break in one month, the bills added up were almost like buying 2 decent OPS, which is not what you think on the spot when your buying them but the cash adds up after a season. I went thru a bundle (12) of Sherwood 9000's in 1 month last year, either they snapped, the blade got soft, or it was massively warped lol, so i just dont bother ill pay the extra say 100$ to buy a stick that has a warranty and maybe a feel of a woodie but in my opinion an SMU OPS is something thats not expensive and has pretty nice feel to me for ppl who break woodies but dont wanna spend a shit load of cash.(even thow i wouldnt use them)

Thinking about picking some up soon since I recentley realised after not doing a slapper in a while it's gone all screwey so I think I'm gonna go back to basic's with it and go through a couple woodies.

I use wood for the feel, and the cost. And someday when my wallet gets fatter, the ability to go custom is another reason I'll probably stay with wood.

As far as shot release, I don't have any kind of decent shot so it doesn't matter to me. Wood makes stickhandling and passing/recieving easier.

im a big fan of the easton hybrids ... -strength with a lower price tag

I used to run through them at an astonishing rate.

im a big fan of the easton hybrids ... -strength with a lower price tag

I used to run through them at an astonishing rate.

I used them for awhile and I've never broken so mayne sticks so fast, which is too bad because I liked their performance and price.

I used a woodie for a good while now and quite like it apart from the flex. It's just way too stiff for my liking (must be a CCM stiff or x-stiff). If anyone knows where I can buy a flexier stick eg. 85 or 90, please let me know.

ive got one in the mail right now i ordered it from greatskate and it should be here in a few days i got the lindros pattern in a senior, i cant wait to try it out

does anyone know the weight of an int NBH one60

Light. Very light. LOL My daughter used both the one40 and the one60 at the start of the season, and preferred the one60. Have no idea what it weighs but it was a good stick and held up very well. She loved the stick but not the curve so it lies abandoned in our stick graveyard on the front porch.

does anyone know the weight of an int NBH one60

Light. Very light. LOL My daughter used both the one40 and the one60 at the start of the season, and preferred the one60. Have no idea what it weighs but it was a good stick and held up very well. She loved the stick but not the curve so it lies abandoned in our stick graveyard on the front porch.

sounds pretty light i was looking for something around 500 grams or lighter. lol i have a stick graveyard too

I used a woodie for a good while now and quite like it apart from the flex. It's just way too stiff for my liking (must be a CCM stiff or x-stiff). If anyone knows where I can buy a flexier stick eg. 85 or 90, please let me know.

check out the NBH flexlites. I have a flexlite 8 it says 87 flex but more like 80-85.