Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2007 Mission Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2007...n/mission07.pdf

Skates - Mission has updated both skate line looks this year. The Fuel line still comes in SuppleFit (AG) and LiteFit (XP). The Fuel 120AG replaces the 110 AG, and a Fuel 90 has also been added got both lines. They have addded a 120XP to the XP line, however, the 110XP stays put. The 85, 75 and 65XP remain unchanged from last year.

Sticks - The sticks have totally been redone, topping out with the Fuel 120 OPS. At 395g, it comes in both standard (white) and grip (black.) It includes the VDS blade that was on the Pulse last year.

The V-Hex line is exactly that - VDS blade with Hex-Core wrap. at 445g, it comes in OPS form as well as tapered shaft/blade form. The blades are also available separately. Very sharp graphics on both sticks. Strong stick lineup for sure.

The Toxic line has replaced the Z-1 and Axis lines. Rounded handles...feels like Flyweight Meta but not as thin. The Toxic2 shaft/blade replaces the Z-2.

Patterns have been renamed. The Hossa replaces the Leopold 2 and Boyes replaces Elias.

Helmets - Intake remains unchanged, but is now available in a combo - Itech Fantom cage, available in both silver and I2. The old Itech helmets now have Mission logos on them.

Gloves - New lineup for 07 - starting with the Fuel 120. Highlights include a mobile cuff, NHL-spec inserts and 3-piece fingers all around. The 95 is similarly spec'd, but with a 2-pc pinky and different palm. The Wicked line stays for one more year.

Pants - The new 120 pant includes their Piston flexible hip technology. It allows full range of motion while maintaining protection. Also included is a zipper curtain, anti-microbial liner, anti-slip silicon grip print and still includes the adjustable height system. The 110 also includes the Piston system and zipper curtain, but without the grip print and liner.

Protective - unchanged

Baselayer - Mission has spruced up the Itech Ultimate shirts with their logo and colors.

Thanks goes out to John Balash from MIH for providing me with an electronic copy of the catalogue. Makes it oh so much easier for me.

The tendon guards on the new Fuels appear to be more vertical and have less forward angle than the silver models. It may just be an optical illusion but it is visible in the catalog.

Rebranding the Itech shirts and the 15 and 95 helmets is another smart move. I think they're going to sell a lot better at retail than the Itech branded stuff in most markets.

Interesting... I have 2 fuel grip one-pieces, and i can say they are the best performing stick ive ever used... as for style, imo missions line this year is probably the best looking bunch of sticks ive ever seen... i like how they take the white background idea from the xxx-lites and make it better with red, green and blue flames... the lower end sticks look pretty decent too... fuel gloves are a little strange, but ive liked the wickeds look since they first came out... and what were the reasons behind developing only 1 whole new line of skates and not the other? were the xp's not selling as well or did they think they were good the way they were last year?

edit: i bet rbk loves the name "toxic 12k"

Edited by TheSnake22

I'm loving the fuel gloves. look kinda vaporish, yet still traditional. The cuff looks absolutely huge, which I like. New fuel skates look sweet, as well.

JR, or anyone else who has seen the stuff, are the toxics the only sticks that have the meta shape?

Sticks look strong this year. Both the Fuel & Vhex line should do well. I am glad they kept an option for the tapered shaft/blade combo. Having the VDS blade in both options is key. I am not one to care about looks personally, but it helps for when all the kids are in the shop looking for the "latest & greatest". Getting Hossa doesn't hurt either. We have even been doing quite well with the price point Mission OPS, so the Toxic line will be good for our kids as well (hey it's California what do you expect...).

Skates are a tough one. I really like what they are doing with both the XP & AG lines. Tempted to try the supple fit this year. I hope to bring in skates this year, but it's a tough call. On one hand we have a huge former roller crowd that is already Mission brand loyal, but then you have the other crowd that won't ever sway from CCM or NBH. On another note I also like some of the Fuel price point entry skates, pretty cool for the little guys.

The cuffs on the Fuel 120 gloves are very interesting. I have heard they move they well. I should be seeing the full line later this week so I can give some more impressions then.

Already a big fan of the Intake helmets, they did very well for us last year. Adding a cage combo is good for our Junior & youth players.

I also like the rebranding of the Itech gear as was mentioned. It does help with sells. The Mission stretch shirts should do well.

BUT, we still do a ton of youth & adult beginner package stuff with Itech. Also plenty of jocks, cages & visors as well.

Edited by atomicpunk5150

BUT, we still do a ton of youth & adult beginner package stuff with Itech. Also plenty of jocks, cages & visors as well.

We did a lot of Itech stuff in our packages as well but most of those customers care more about price than brand name. The cages and visors sold really well for us, especially the I2 cage and the HS22 visors. You can sell those HS22s against Oakley all day in our market.

skates: i dont really like the look of the fuels this year i preffered the look of last years.

gloves: the fuel 120s look ugly

sticks: look really good this year. really like the look of the fuel and v-hex sticks

the link doesnt work for me is their another one i can use? and is there a slideshow on some website that i can use instead of what is there now?

the link doesnt work for me is their another one i can use? and is there a slideshow on some website that i can use instead of what is there now?

You need to download Adobe Acrobat.

www.adobe.com

The new sticks look great, I'm interested to try the V-hex. And finally, the Wicked 1 gloves come in navy!

We did a lot of Itech stuff in our packages as well but most of those customers care more about price than brand name. The cages and visors sold really well for us, especially the I2 cage and the HS22 visors. You can sell those HS22s against Oakley all day in our market.

I agree 100%. Same goes for California.

Does mission make a drury clone? Whats the closest to it in mission.

Carter

Speaking of the Carter(Drury clone), any word or hint of a mid-season addition to the blade line up? Justin? Jr?