Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kin1013

Looking for players

Socioeconomic or cultural differences aside, You can't argue that the color of someone's skin makes someone a better (skater, swimmer, blocker, or outfielder) than someone else. I understand your argument but the original comment was strictly based on skin color alone. There are many other factors that can be added to the equation but when based on the rudimentary element of skin color, I'm sure that you can agree that the color of skin does not equate into athletic ability.

To score one for the unathletic crackers out there, I'm decent at basketball and outran a Kenyan in a marathon last year.

the time has come, we are trying to participate the 11th Chinese National Winter Games, date Jan 18 to 28, 2008 at QiQihar, so if you are interested to play, let me know!

prerequisite: eligible Hong Kong Passport holder

send me a PM and i will let you know about more info.

Well... I am coming back here for the update... we have played 2 big tournament.. and here is the picture for the most recent 1 played at QiQihar, China,

the picture is here!!

http://nationalteamsoficehockey.com/Scores.html (I hope this is okay to post this)

I am the person right in the middle with my 1.5yr old daughter Renee. None of the players in the picture were recruit from here, but the friend is, so please drop me a line if you are still interested to play...We are constantly looking for good players.

Congrats to you and your team.

I hope you continue to do well and make that little girl (and yourself) proud.

The pic is more than allowed, don't worry about that.

I hope that language barriers will soon end here.

I understood your posts, although I did have to read and reread them about a dozen times.

It's great to be proud...

Hopefully, you will continue to be a part of MSH.

Hopefully, your English will improve, so that the misunderstanding on the boards will go away (as the boards are primarily in English).

Again, welcome to hockey and MSH.

Stick around and learn everything that you can, we're glad to have you.

give me two years, and I might be able to do it :D half of my family is from HK. I was also t hinking about the China nat team, cuz, you know, asians dont play hockey. neither to black people.

wow... all I'm saying is wow. It's 2007 man.

Anyways, I'm half Vietnamese.... not Chinese, or I'd be down! haha... I wonder if the Sicilian nat'l team needs a guy.

A lot of Canadian-Italians go to italy to play, most of italy's national team is Canadian

why do thy suck then?

give me two years, and I might be able to do it :D half of my family is from HK. I was also t hinking about the China nat team, cuz, you know, asians dont play hockey. neither to black people.

Anyways, I'm half Vietnamese.... not Chinese, or I'd be down! haha... I wonder if the Sicilian nat'l team needs a guy.

A lot of Canadian-Italians go to italy to play, most of italy's national team is Canadian

why do thy suck then?

Most of them would be in lower minor leagues if they played in North America.

Is that the team that will be participating at the Asian Championships in April? Some pretty good players on the team :)

Are you the Kin that was coaching in Kunming?

still working on the team rosters.. don't know who will make it so far!!!

do you know Kin???

Is that the team that will be participating at the Asian Championships in April? Some pretty good players on the team :)

Are you the Kin that was coaching in Kunming?

Years ago, a chinese team came over for a training program out of York's arena in Toronto. I was playing around at the time and watched a lot of thier sessions. Some of those boys could skate I tell ya. Not an overly agressive bunch however.

How easy is it to get a HK passport? Is it like appling for dual citizenship?

Also what level would this kind of hockey be compared to in Canada/USA?

why do thy suck then?

Isn't Luongo part Italian??

I'm pretty sure you can get one for anywhere, but don't expect it in a week. I wouldn't expect it in three months or more considering all the border folks getting passports to go between Canada and the U.S.

any hockey players who eligible to get Hong Kong passport, and willing to play for the Hong Kong team, please send me your contact info! We would like to recruit you to play in the Hong Kong team playing in future international tournaments like the Asian Winter Games, and the Chinese National winter games, and if you are between 15 to 19, there is a chance to play in the Div III world Championship too!!

Are you still recruiting? I fit the entire description you're looking for. I am a HK Citizen, just got my adult citizenship card a year ago.

Anyways, HK people =/= Chinese... China people = Chinese. HK and China have different flags, languages and currency. I consider us a separate country altogether.

Now reading this thread makes me regret not getting my citizenship card done when I was back two months ago....but I guess I miss that age cutoff too ><

Anyways, HK people =/= Chinese... China people = Chinese. HK and China have different flags, languages and currency. I consider us a separate country altogether.

Glad you mention that too...I hate when ppl lump us together. I mean our way of dissing someone is to call them a mainlander :P

actually there is isn't an age cut off, but for the 15 - 19 yr old may have a chance to participate in the U20 games, but for adults, will play in the men's senior games... by senior.. i don't really mean the old old, but 18 or above!!

send me PMs if you want to know more!!

One more thing, to obtain HKSAR passports, the requirements are click here

I wish I could live in Hong Kong.

Do you guys have a proper sized rink over there yet?

As far as I remember, the rinks that you guys do have are all in shopping malls eh?

the iihf challenge cup is over, no recruit but we won the bronze metal. I thought we are going to the bottom. But we survived. It's good experience.