Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kin1013

Looking for players

any hockey players who eligible to get Hong Kong passport, and willing to play for the Hong Kong team, please send me your contact info! We would like to recruit you to play in the Hong Kong team playing in future international tournaments like the Asian Winter Games, and the Chinese National winter games, and if you are between 15 to 19, there is a chance to play in the Div III world Championship too!!

If you're willing to fly me there, I could :P

It's just funny to see someone make a comment about that when one of the admins on this board is black.

And he's damn lucky I hadn't read this yet.

So has Ku Klux Klam run away from the board yet?

From the waist down, right, Mack?

I thought about doing this for the Ukraine...my dads a citizen there and I guess because of that I could get mine too, I've skated with a few kids that played on there U-20 team and I could definately play with them I hope someone takes advantage of this.

I was just trying on my new shoulder pads which arrived today (SICK!) and some little kid who was like 9 walks in, and he's a regular, and he says "You play hockey?" And I look at him and say, "Why wouldn't I?" And he gives me a puzzled look. Then I point to Max and ask the kid if he thinks he plays hockey, and the kid replies yes. I then tell him, "Get that thought out of your head." And he leaves.

Unreal. That was also like the guy who tried to return a pair of used shinpads and then tells Max that what would I know, I probably don't even play to tell the difference betwen new and used.

uh...but you don't really play anymore....

(ducking)....

btw I think the first guy was joking...since he was talking about needing 2 years..i kinda thought he was Asian

Well I have a black friend. :huh:

Come on Driscoe, you can do better than that. You know a black guy that plays hockey? Congrats. Here's your "Man of the Year" award. You guys just don't get it. AJTa seems to be a rarity here, actually hitting the nail on the head. You'd hope that you wouldn't hear that crap.

Ignorance is bliss, JR. There's always one of 'em...

HAHA FUNNY MAN FUNNY

Well I have a black friend. :huh:

Come on Driscoe, you can do better than that. You know a black guy that plays hockey? Congrats. Here's your "Man of the Year" award. You guys just don't get it. AJTa seems to be a rarity here, actually hitting the nail on the head. You'd hope that you wouldn't hear that crap.

Ignorance is bliss, JR. There's always one of 'em...

HAHA FUNNY MAN FUNNY

ummm... Driscoe? It wasn't a joke.

Well, I was born in HK, parents born in HK, and I def look Asian, and am willing to play. But I think all the qualifications end there unless you want a adult leaguer who can skate and shoot a little, and has only played for a year. But hey, I'd do it if you HK is really desperate for hockey players, and was willing to spend to get me over to where I need to go, cause I'm a poor college student :D

I just don't agree with all this. Only people born in the country should be eligible to represent it. It will be more like an Asian All-star, not the HK team

Hope you guys get more quality players like Frankie and Terrance...but it's going to be really difficult to compete against the Big Boys though. Maybe you can get some young players from China or Taiwan..they have some really good kids playing...

Does HK allow dual citizenships?

we are looking for Hong Kong players to play for the Hong Kong team, and players maybe aboard to come back and play for us at the future games! Hockey is about kids development and bring them up to love the sports, and keep playing it when they grew older!!

So, players aboard if you are willing, we will give chance for all players to try! 1st priority to get Hong Kong passport!!

Sorry abou taht JR. Wasn't really thinking. Anyways, theres one black guy at my rink who has the MEANEST slapshot.

I think you should just call it a day with this thread, as you're not making matters any better.

we are looking for Hong Kong players to play for the Hong Kong team, and players maybe aboard to come back and play for us at the future games! Hockey is about kids development and bring them up to love the sports, and keep playing it when they grew older!!

So, players aboard if you are willing, we will give chance for all players to try! 1st priority to get Hong Kong passport!!

i have d id and passport...

but im currently in manila...

started only 6 months ago... so most probably...

i dunno when ill be ready! hahaha!

also... im above the 15-19 bracket :P

Well I PM'd you and I can likely make it. There are quite a few Asian individuals in the GTA that have or can get dual citzenship and have played at a high level (AAA-OPJHL/Jr.A).

yes, we need players to participate in IIHF international events, therefore Hong Kong passport is a must!

There is no money in this, and you have to pay partial of your trip too, government can only subside a portion, never in full. We only do this for the love of the game and playing for the country (region). Interest parties, please PM me!

You do not need to train in Hong Kong, we don't have a decent place for your training, but we can find places elsewhere to have a camp! We still need to know your skill level before we can discuss further!

Sorry abou taht JR. Wasn't really thinking. Anyways, theres one black guy at my rink who has the MEANEST slapshot.

I think you should just call it a day with this thread, as you're not making matters any better.

My point, again elegantly communicated by AJT. Driscoe, you're an idiot. I'm guessing a 15 year old idiot. My Man of the Year award includes five knuckles and is yours complete with a book called "Free Expression is No Offence."

I was just trying on my new shoulder pads which arrived today (SICK!) and some little kid who was like 9 walks in, and he's a regular, and he says "You play hockey?" And I look at him and say, "Why wouldn't I?" And he gives me a puzzled look. Then I point to Max and ask the kid if he thinks he plays hockey, and the kid replies yes. I then tell him, "Get that thought out of your head." And he leaves.

Maybe because he thought that all hockey players have long scraggly hair. You were just too smooth for him. :P

But seriously, this is an issue that is engrained in our culture. A lot of people believe that certain races do better in certain sports than others. Hell, even Reggie White believed that. Getting past that is a struggle for all of us. As a black hockey player, I've seen it too many times that people don't believe that you play and have devoted your life to a sport that people of your skin tone don't play.

A lot of people believe that certain races do better in certain sports than others. Hell, even Reggie White believed that. Getting past that is a struggle for all of us.

When you write "getting past that", it implies that we know this is not true. Do we ? There are performance differences in a lot of sports which break down along racial or even ethnic lines, some of which are hard to attribute to socioeconomic differences. Runners from only certain parts of East Africa (Kenya, Ethiopia) dominate the upper echelons of marathon running, for instance, whereas runners ultimately descended from West Africans dominate the highest levels of sprinting. The July 30, 2004 issue of the journal Science has a good summary article, part of which says "differences in physique and muscle makeup that underlie the dominance of Kenyan endurance runners and West African sprinters doubtless have a strong genetic component". If there are differences in performance between subgroups of a "race", how could one conclude that there *cannot* be differences between races ? Is it just because we want it to be true ?

It would be foolish to argue that there are no socioeconomic or cultural differences which may contribute - at least partly - to, say, the seemingly disproportionate numbers of whites in the NHL or blacks in the NBA. If there were no socioeconomic barriers, would blacks be equally, more or less represented in the NHL ? Would Asians be equally, more, or less represented in the NBA or NFL ? Because there will always be socioeconomic barriers, we may never know the answers to these questions, but I wouldn't bet money based on my notion of what an idealized world would look like.

Clearly this data does not mean that all Ethiopians are going to be able to out-marathon all others. And the dominance of sprinters of West African descent doesn't mean that there aren't world class East African, white or Asian sprinters, but the evidence suggests that they are far less likely because of genetic predisposition.

In short, we already know that some races DO do better at the highest levels of certain sports than others. Assuming otherwise is as close-minded as the assumptions being attributed to the original poster.