Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chilaxin12

Best Player you've played with or against?

Played with Nino Niedereiter in minors, like squirt and peewee, I'm glad that he's gonna get drafted. we still stay in touch. such a nice kid.

Played against Ben Conz for like 6 years up until Junior, and he's always been amazing.

I've played with with/against Augusta Lynx players (Judd Lambert, Jesse Rezansoff, and Sam Ftorek) Gwinnett Gladiator (Cam Brown, Chad Denny and one of their goalies), Thrashers (Eric Boulton, Jeff Odgers, and I think it was JP Vigier).

Does street hockey with Christopher Higgins count? He grew a couple doors away and was always in the street with his dad and brother. Quality guy and family.

Does street hockey with Christopher Higgins count? He grew a couple doors away and was always in the street with his dad and brother. Quality guy and family.

you must be from Long Island

ya I knew a couple kids who have played with higgins' brother. Heard he was as good if not better then his brother but idk the validity of this, i never played him

I've seen Benoit Hogue in the game before mine a whole bunch but haven't played againt him yet (yup - LI too!!). I also played with Garry Howatt out in AZ in pickup a few times. He may not be an all star or anything and he's getting on in years but I gotta tell you, playing with NHL level talent is an amazing thing.

Scott Gomez. High School. Him and this other talented player(that should have made it,Josh Kern (Mankato State), but just didnt) got in so off ice trouble so thier coach told them they were demoted to JV for like 1 game. I was a freshman on the opposing team and Gomez was a sophomore. We were ahead like 5 nil, then those two guys decided to start playing, and the game ended in a 5-5 tie-With them being the only ones who scored for their team I think lol. Its funny cause my parents were in the stands and they were watching and my mom remembers some parent saying oh that kid (Gomez) is too small he wont make it that far, and he's not that good. Yeah.......Anyways lol He was slippery as an eel. Guys were trying to knock him off his feet and they would just slide right off him. Just a superb player since day one.

Did you happen to play against Ricardo Hernandez? I believe he played with Gomez in high school and they both played for the Alaskan All Stars.

I was on that team with those guys...there was a Chris Hernandez. He played at East HS and on the All-Stars, I'm guessing that's who your talking about. As far as Gomez and Kern, they could skate circles around everyone back then, it was sick watching them.

I play with David Perron's bro every Saturday evenings, he's hands down the best player i've played with... he makes sick passes and has a nice vision (gotta give him full credits for my two goals last game, sick passes :P )

If you guys wants to come see us we play @ 21h30 tonight :P

Gotta pimp out my hometown a little bit here... B)

A buddy I played highschool hockey with now plays for the London Knights of the OHL, and he wanted some icetime in the summer. Needed a tender for a few days, so I was able to go get scored on by a bunch of former Knights that live in London during the off season. Robbie Schremp, Sam Gagner, Danny Syvret, John Carlson, and a bunch of other junior players were there. Lets just say that my next beer league game felt like it was in slow motion.

I used to play highschool hockey against Drew Doughty before he made the jump to the OHL. Our teams also shared a bus to a tournament in Montreal one year. Logan Couture is another guy I played against that came out of London.

Hmmmm..... Probably Kris Versteeg and Devin Setoguchi. They run a camp where I live and they worked me extremely hard. Also Jared Jerome. He's a champ.

The best player that I ever played against was Craig Charron in a tournament where he was on a team chock full of older former AHLers. Needless to say, we did not do well. Best that I have had the fortune of playing with would be either Matty Robbins or Kyle McDonough.

Never played with him or against him. But Marty Turco was my goalie coach at michigan hockey camp about ten years ago. He was a super cool guy.

Steve Shields played goalie for a little while there too. People were taking breakaways on him for probably 20 minutes and I just watched in awww as not one single goal got past him.

I had Sean Burr takes shots on me, but honestly he wasnt very impressive. Not nearly as good as you would think for an nhl player.

I honestly gotta say, best player I've played with so far is my best friend. Even playing players around A and AA teams in BC, he's flat out best I've gone against so far. He's been to the Hitmen Camp and is on the Vancouver Giants protected list. However, he doesn't want to play in the dub as a means to play college hockey. He's already been looked at by U of Hampshire and Denver. So yeah, just a bit of background, but I legitimately believe I'll see him in the show someday. Only thing that depresses me is how we used to be the same skill level a few years back.

Sean Curry from the Phantoms used to come to a stick time in NH during the summer a lot last year. Dudes a giant and had a wicked shot, think he plays in Germany now though.

Dylan Reese/Matt Bartkowski - both great dmen from pittsburgh. amazing skaters, great vision. very easy to play shinny with in the offseason, i dont have to do much on the blueline.

Christian Hanson - awesome forward, cannon of a shot and great moves. i just try to keep him to the outside when he comes down on me - doesn't always work out though

I currently play with Tony Szabo. We play in a 30 & over inline league together. Good guy. Has a million funny stories about his times in RHI, at Northern Michigan, playing in Europe, etc. I would've loved to play with him in his prime. Unfortunately, we are both well past it, and I was never at a level anywhere near his at anytime.

As a kid, I played ice against Mike Knuble. He played travel for East Kentwood, MI. I just remember it seemed unfair that he could be that big AND skate AND have great hands. Seemed unfair.

Also, I played against Kevin and Darien Hatcher in a different 30 and over inline league the year of the strike. Only one game though. Again, too big to even seem fair.

Played some shinny with Alan Quine from the Petes of the ohl last year. He would come down on you 1 on 1 and you were actually scared, knowing what he could do. He's ranked 64th in North American skaters for 2011