Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chilaxin12

Best Player you've played with or against?

When I was younger, I played on the same team as "Bobby Stevenson", aka Bobby Ryan the 2nd pick behind Crosby. It's funny he wasn't that great at 13/14 but he moved out to LA and then exploded in the OHL. But the best player I have actually played against Kyle Okposo from Minnesota at a Festival, hands down best player I have played.

ive been on the same ice surface as chad denny (atlanta draft pick) but i never played agaist him.....thats about it though......no other nhl players though

The best player I have ever played with (on a team) would probably be Patrick Kane. After that, Nick Foligno, Kevin Quick and Derek Brennan come to mind, in that order.

If we're talking about non-competitve situations/summer hockey, I play with/against a bunch of the boys from the Show who grew up in the area during the summers, and, occasionally, there are some Sabres that come on the ice for an Open Hockey session.

I have played with a few ex-NHLers here in NJ. When Peter Stastny was one year away from the Devils he played a lot of open hockey for fun. I skated with him and he was beyond amazing. Full speed in two strides. He was also a super good guy who just enjoyed playing with guys no matter what. He never acted like he was Peter Stastny, second in points total for the 80s in the NHL behind Gretzky.

I also played a charity game against Rangers alumni, too. Greschner, Larouche, MacPhee, Fotiu, Villemure in nets, Rod Gilbert, Backman, and Dore. They took it way too seriously. The only good part was Carol Alt behind the bench.

Wow, theres a number of pretty good players already and I just posted this about a half hour ago. Personally the best players i've skated with in either open hockey or otherwise are probaly DiSalvator from Peoria in the AHL, Carroll (PC), Gineo (Air Force) Quick (UMass Amherst) Nick Bonino (BU class of 2011, Ranked 117 in this years draft for NA Skaters) Tommy Cross (BC Class 2012 ranked 10th NA Skaters) and Matt Pedimonti (UConn class of 2011) There's a lot of solid players from the CT/MA area.

Being only 16, I have not played any "real" hockey against any professional players, but the 3 significant players that I have played shinny in the summer with:

Brad Boyes (whose mom was the former secretary at my elementary school), Ryan O'Marra (who used to go to my high school), and Jadran Beljo of the Icedogs (whose billet is my teammate's grandmother).

hmm the best player i have played against would probably be when i had a one on one with ovechkin... it was a just a drill but it was definatley a challenge to stop him, thats for sure :)

I played with Deja Vu and the Repetitive Bros. Awesome kids, the lot of them.

That's gotta be a rough one, at least they do the same moves over and over so you can kinda get a read on them.

I have played with quite a few good players. My linemate on my PeeWee Team Philadelphia Quebec was this kid named James vanRiemsdyk who leads the U18 US team and was the only 89 birthyear to make the US Junior team this year. James is expected to go #2 overall this year in the draft. Another kid that I played with was Colby Cohen who plays in the USHL and is a top 20 draft pick this year. This kid Vlad Nikaforov (sp?) was pretty dirty when I was little I think he's in the OHL now but i'm not too sure. Thats about it though.

Um the best players as of today are Charles Beregeron and Ryan Sparling who play for the Saint John Sea Dogs. i taught hockey school with them in Saint John and we got the ice when ever the day was over so probabley this summer end up playing with a couple more good players. Also played against every player who is on the New Brunswick Canada Games mens hocey team. 4 or 5 of them play in the Q.

Glenn Anderson, Alexei Kasatonov, Bruce Driver, Sergei Starikov in a charity game, Stastny around the same as DarkStar before he went back to the show after the 92 Olympics, guys like Guerin, Dowd, etc as kids..

I skated in a Bruins ALumni game, Rick Middleton was pretty much unstoppable - Hell John Bucyk was all over my ass and he was 60 something.

I played roller with Jason Krog, and got to see him almost kill himself when he straddled a basketball net support. (we used to have to skate at the BB courts behind the chow hall, before the campus cops would show up and kick us off)

And Freddy Meyer and his brother Trevor scored 27 goals combined in a game I skated with them. They kept trying to see how far from the net they could shoot and beat the goalie.

Oh and steve saviano (sp?), he played at UNH and can pretty much skate faster backwards than I can forward.

http://www.barriecolts.com/player_roster.asp?PlayerID=106

Vladimir Nikiforov 41 points in 46 games.

lol thats pretty funny, I grew up playing with him. His dad is pretty much the best skating/hockey instructor on Long Island. I've been on the ice with Vlady since he was about 10. Btw, no way he's even 5'7.

Best I've been on the ice with is Kovalev. Vlady's dad actually had him come down to a training camp when he was a ranger. Best I've actually played with is either Jason Blake at a training camp in MN, or this guy Quentin Brickley. Brickley (I think thats how its spelt) brother was in the NHL, and Quentin I played a bunch of pick up games with when I was in school in MA. He was ridiculously good. He'd to things like the Mario "stick between the legs shot", but be making 40' passes with it tape to tape. Just embarass guys without even trying

Being from Alaska, we hold a summer league where all the pros, college and junior players come back to play on 4 different teams. A couple notables have been Scott Gomez & Matt Carle hailing from Alaska but some others included Peter Sejna. Not to mention him and Carle ended up playing on the same team...yeah that's right, 2 Hobey Baker winners on the same team. Go figure...