Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyfreak16

Mission Concept vs. Pulse

Gotta make sure the end of the shaft is pierced. Hey, instead of a grip version, how about an extremely thin TackiMac grip condom?

Trojan Grip

Bring back the Flyweight

+ 1

Screw more stick variations, I want better curve choices.

Performance-wise the flyweight is a dog compared to new sticks but I will agree with curve selection being piss-poor.

I'm going to second the metal flake finish idea but with a bit of a twist. Have a silver base coat with big metal flakes (1 mm x 1 mm), then shoot it with a transparent candy colour (dark emerald green, onyx black, dark regal purple, etc.), put white or chrome logos & lettering on the stick and then shoot it with some clear coat. For the metal flake you could use lightweight plastic foil and mix it with the resin during the molding process of the stick. This would be sort of a hot rod stick theme that might just take off. You could call it the Mission Stick De Ville or the Mission Nomad and sell it with an accompanying key chain for extra marketing goodness. Just make sure that a Drury pattern is available. :) If you make them all I ask for is 6 free Senior sticks, RH, 90 flex with the Drury pattern. :)

Bring back the Flyweight

+ 1

Screw more stick variations, I want better curve choices.

Performance-wise the flyweight is a dog compared to new sticks but I will agree with curve selection being piss-poor.

performance wise, you're probably right. I haven't used a stick I like better but then again the most I've ever paid for a stick was $80 for a pro stock xn10(i have used a vapor XXX, a XXXlite, a SL, along with a few other popular sticks). Graphics wise, I haven't seen a better looking stick, but of course that's all opinion.

I'm hoping that this NBH id stick thing with all the pattern choices is the beginning to being able to get better retail curves. Although that might be hell for some pro shops to keep a nice selection of those curves. Of course I'd hope to be able to order the stick I want through my LHS, kinda like a custom glove or wood stick and be able to get it in a reasonable time period. But that's probably just wishful thinking.

1. Plaid

Make a Pulse with Burberry graphics and I'd be all over it..a few times over. I'd still like to get myself a pair of those "Burberry Grafs" that were up on Ebay awhile back...

Or you could just out-do warrior. Make it flesh colored with veins, maybe ship it with some complimentary hand lotion.

From the better late than never file:

Make it so when the stick gets cold, the girl's bikini disappears.

I want better curve choices.

Totally agree about the curves. I keep asking.....Justin/MikeO any word on a Carter(Drury clone)?

Regardless I am a big fan of both the Vhex & Fuel stick offerings. We are hopeful they will really take off at our store. Most of our instructor and shop guys are taking up the vip sticks/skates offer so we should have them all over our rink soon.

Totally agree about the curves. I keep asking.....Justin/MikeO any word on a Carter(Drury clone)?

Regardless I am a big fan of both the Vhex & Fuel stick offerings. We are hopeful they will really take off at our store. Most of our instructor and shop guys are taking up the vip sticks/skates offer so we should have them all over our rink soon.

Carter/Drury doesn't sell at retail, makes almost no sense to make it a priority. Fuel is way too expensive to have big success at retail, especially considering the performance history of their sticks. Buzz and I were talking about this earlier today. We know a lot of people who bought a mission stick but very few who ever bought a second one.

Blame Justin...lol..That is funny....

Ok, so the orange Camo wasn't as big of a hit as the pink stick....I can be wrong sometimes....

Now onto to next years Statement Stick...Give me some ideas people....

Spinal Tap album cover black with the MISSION letters just hinted by shadow type letters.

Carter/Drury doesn't sell at retail, makes almost no sense to make it a priority. Fuel is way too expensive to have big success at retail, especially considering the performance history of their sticks. Buzz and I were talking about this earlier today. We know a lot of people who bought a mission stick but very few who ever bought a second one.

I've always liked Mission feel but their Iggy clone has evolved into a bigger curve that just isn't the same as the original Hull. Go back to an absolute Iggy clone and Mission gets me back in a heartbeat.

i was at our local hockey shop and i was in line with a mission pulse ( for backup) and the guy who works there said the mission concept is 100 dollars cheaper and it is pretty much the same stick except for the paint .

is this true ? , is it the same thing ?

This may be oversimplifying your situation, but I look at it like this...

If you've done your research on which sticks interest you the most, buy the one you want, the one you had in your hand, when you get there. Don't let last minute 'stuff' throw you off. While the LHS worker was definitely trying to help, at that point it wouldn't have mattered for me. I would have bought the one that I set out to buy that day.

i was at our local hockey shop and i was in line with a mission pulse ( for backup) and the guy who works there said the mission concept is 100 dollars cheaper and it is pretty much the same stick except for the paint .

is this true ? , is it the same thing ?

This may be oversimplifying your situation, but I look at it like this...

If you've done your research on which sticks interest you the most, buy the one you want, the one you had in your hand, when you get there. Don't let last minute 'stuff' throw you off. While the LHS worker was definitely trying to help, at that point it wouldn't have mattered for me. I would have bought the one that I set out to buy that day.

Good advice if your local shop doesn't have intelligent employees, however many shops have staff that actually try to get you in the best product for you. A little common sense goes a long way, though. If something is too good to be true, it probably is. Like a significantly cheaper stick being identical to a top end model.

almost exactly what I was going to say. If your LHS is any good(knowledgable and helful staff) you SHOULD listen to what they tell you because they'll try to help you find the best thing for you.

Maybe not a return of the flyweight but maybe a return to the flyweight name and a new twist on the old graphics.

And to add what a previous post-er said, retail sticks in general need more curve choices but Mission might be the worst. If mission had more curves they might get me to buy more than just shafts.

Actually, I don't know what you mean - not much has changed in tapered shaft technology since Flyweight came out. It still smokes most tapereds on the market weight-wise, and in my opinion, equal performance-wise. Only problem with it was the graphics package.

I can't speak soo much to performance and the technology aspect of the stick since I haven't used many of today's top of the line sticks... But come on JR, you don't like the graphics?!?! Ok, I didn't like it at first... but the dark green with the gold and white... I don't like the way "Mission" is on the top part of the shaft or how the "M" logo is but besides that it's sexy! I think what I really like about it is that it's just different and the colors are soo bold. I think it looks 10 times better than a synergy, response, anything in the vapor line, any ccm or anything mission has put out since.

I can't believe I just typed that much about a graphic on a stick! :o