Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thockey17

A-Rod

He finally looks like he's happy, even yesterday when he was 0-4 going into the walk-off, it was obvious the first four ABs didn't weigh on him at all. 06 ARod would have been thinking about all four of those ABs.

Oh and the second HR he hit tonight shows how amazing he is. 1-2, against Curt Schilling, just got buzzed up and in with a fastball and he puts a lot and away pitch into the bullpen the other way.

If he can keep it up, he'll have 108 HR and 281 RBI by the end of the season. :unsure:

Anyone else think he can hit 700 by the time he retires?

Mr. April.

Mr. April doesnt even describe what he's doing...and he's coming through in the clutch. Theres no way you can put down him. Best player in baseball....by far.

Anyone else think he can hit 700 by the time he retires?

He will hit the 500+ mark this year. That leaves him to average 25hr's over 8 more years if he plays to only 40. 32 a year if he's going to break the record, which is very possible.

he's such an emotional player, hopefully this means he's matured and grew some thick skin in the offseason. I've always been a fan of his and hope that not only does he continue to be successful but also extends his contract.

always have, and always will idolize the man, watch every play he makes and it nearly flawless, and i dont even have to mention his batting. all while he had to completly change his position without a hitch. by far best player in the mlb

he is just going NUTS! but the funny thing is give it time before the fans from ny start to boo a-rod out of town! <_<

My thoughts on ARod:

He swings a mean purse.

My thoughts on ARod:

That ball got over the monster in about .2 seconds.

SCOREBOARD! :)

New York fans are highly subjective to the media. I remember a couple years ago A-Rod was playing as bad as he has ever played, the boo-birds were out in full force and ESPN was constantly criticizing Alex. On baseball tonight Harold Reynolds(I believe he played with A-Rod in Seattle or just knows him personally began defending him) and another member of baseball tonight(maybe john kruk or gammons, I dont recall) agreed that booing him wasn't helping, it was making the problems worse. He had gone like 0-14 in New York then went on a road trip and started playing better. Reynolds said that if the fans embraced him, he'd be better able to get it out of his mind and perform. The very next game in New York; A-Rod came out to a standing ovation. He nearly teared up and over the next few weeks he started to heat up and he finished the season strong.

It's amazing how much a few fans can effect the entire team when there is such an emotional player impacting the success of that team. If they wouldn't have cheered A-Rod for the rest of the season, his success last season and this season probably wouldn't have happened because he would have been traded.

I still cheer for A-Rod and always will, I became a fan of his by keeping up with Seattle(being that Ken Griffey Jr was my favorite player) and will never turn my back on him(or Jr for that matter). It was my dream as a young kid for Alex and Griffey Jr to play for my beloved Yankees, I never want to see Alex play for another team.

P.S. Manny is a dumbass.

I remember a couple years ago A-Rod was playing as bad as he has ever played, the boo-birds were out in full force and ESPN was constantly criticizing Alex.

A-Rod has never had a bad year, ever. His so called "bad year" last year consisted of 35 homers and 121RBI's. That is a great year for anyone else but Alex. He's hard on himself, and the media is even harder especially in NY. Its great to see him take a new approach and thats resulted in such amazing numbers so early. Arguably the greatest start to a season, and he still has 9 games left in April.

Now if only we can get Mo on the right track. :huh:

Griffey will never play for the Yanks - he has hated him because he wasn't allowed on the field as a kid when his dad played for them.

For the right numbers, anyone will come to the Bronx. At 38, i'd say his time is just about over and that really sucks. Its so hard to watch him struggle through injuries when he could've been the greatest.

I remember a couple years ago A-Rod was playing as bad as he has ever played, the boo-birds were out in full force and ESPN was constantly criticizing Alex.

A-Rod has never had a bad year, ever. His so called "bad year" last year consisted of 35 homers and 121RBI's. That is a great year for anyone else but Alex. He's hard on himself, and the media is even harder especially in NY. Its great to see him take a new approach and thats resulted in such amazing numbers so early. Arguably the greatest start to a season, and he still has 9 games left in April.

Now if only we can get Mo on the right track. :huh:

It was early in the season and he had a horrible few weeks, I believe it was just before the all-star game. It was either last year or the year before but I distinctly remember agreeing with them and watching the yankees fans in new york give him a standing ovation in yankee stadium after coming back from the west coast... I think they were playing oakland(the road trip, not sure who they were playing in yankee stadium).