Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miracleman4

Breakaway Moves

If its a butterfly goalie i usally do 1 or 2 fake shots to get the goalie down on his knees than i have the whole top of the net to shoot at and i snap it up stairs

if its a stand up goalie or a flopper i will usally take 1 fake shot then do i toe-drag while going to my back hand then i backhand it upstair

what i do( im rh) is go down the left side around the faceoff dot close to the goaline and then cut into the net. The better defensmen normally wont fall for this. But if you use your power, it shouldnt be too hard, especially if you go against a crappier person. Its always fun.

exactly what i tend to do except if the defender is to close i ussually wimp out go round the goal and try and pass for a 1-timer

using the same moves every time you go down is a sure fire way of having the goalie know how to stop you. You're not going to score every time, so try some new things and most importantly, watch some hilight reels. :D

has anyone seen rob hiseys goal in a skills competition, its amazingly ridiculous. cant stop watching it!

Have to do the Forsberg one arm tuck (from WJC) whenever the chance arises.

If I don't want to get killed I deke hard to the backhand side and go up top or forehand depending on my angle.

When I am on a breakaway are on a penalty shot, I come in to about the top of the circles then I kinda move my head, and then lift me leg, fake the shot ( drop the goalie), then I fake left, and come back to ma farehand. Open net !!

i talked to my friend on my team and he played for Doug Brown ( former Red Wings player) and he said that RH come in and angle themselves with the left post ( your left..goalies right) and he said thats the proper way to do a breakaway or penalty shot...probaly more for penalty shots cause you have noone chasing you

2 moves...

1) skate down the middle, no frills, just quick snap, right top shelf

2) pull to the backhand, then shot it 5 hole...

i talked to my friend on my team and he played for Doug Brown ( former Red Wings player) and he said that RH come in and angle themselves with the left post ( your left..goalies right) and he said thats the proper way to do a breakaway or penalty shot...probaly more for penalty shots cause you have noone chasing you

the proper way is to put the puck in the net. There is no right or wrong way to score on a breakaway, although some moves work a lot better than others. Doug Brown isn't exactly the first NHLer id want scoring advice from anyway.

There's a guy that plays on out midget team that sometimes uses this move to get a breakaway.

As he's coming thru the neutral zone he's flips the puck into the defenders shin guards. When the defender looks down to find the puck he knocks the guy on his @$$ and continues on to the goal alone.

TRIPLE DEKE!!!!!!!!!!

Made famous by the infamous Charlie "Pacey" Conway........ what a move and what a guy!

1) In all serious the move I always loved was Tony Amonte (I'm sure loads have done it before but he was the first one I saw pull it off with the limited NHL I get to watch) ......... drive hard with the puck out front and stick in one hand, then fake backhand, and actually commit a little that way, then slam the breaks on and move to forehand and slip it passed the strandard keeper.

2) Has anyone successfully attempted the move Datsuk pulled on Dallas? The fake shot then cut with only the inside boot on the ice?....... Correction anyone tried it with out breaking they're ankle?

3) We used to have this horse s%*& D man in the British league who (still plays so not naming names) always would volunteer for penalty shots. We would cringe cos we all knew what he was going to do but for some reason the goalies never sussed it. He would just skate head down looking at the puck all the way down the rink with the puck out in front. When he got about 3 feet from the net, he just let the puck carry on sliding straight forward and would deke right (he is LH), the goalies moved and hilariously the puck would just slide under them. Saw him do it at least 5 times and score every one!

Any one from the UK name that player for big time r.e.s.p.e.c.t.

stampede, still working on that Datsuk move. to cut like that is pretty tough. isnt that amonte move known as the "bean-pot?" or am i confused with another move?

isnt that amonte move known as the "bean-pot?" or am i confused with another move?

Yes. Its actually an easy move if you can stop quick enough. When Modano does it, its by far one of the smoothest moves out there.

isnt that amonte move known as the "bean-pot?" or am i confused with another move?

Yeah, I've read that the move started in Boston when Amonte and Tkachuk and some other guys in Boston-area colleges, etc. were using it. There is a 'bean-pot' tournament there.