Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Your Perfect Stick

Have you found your "perfect stick"?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just curious as to whether everyone here uses basically the same curve and flex on all of their sticks or at least would in a perfect world? Right now, and really for all of my life, I have struggled to find a curve that gives me everything I want, and I don't even know what it is I want yet. Flex I am trying all kinds trying to find something thats right for me. Stick brands don't matter in this poll. It's whether you had the oppurtunity and money to would you be willing to invest in a lifetime supply of a certain flex and blade? I would like to know how many others are in what seems to be an endless search like myself.

My holy grail would be a p13 (rp) with a 5.5 lie and rounder toe on either a whip xn10 or 85 stealth. I still haven't found a stick I absolutely love. Ive been jumping around forever but the closest I got to a "perfect" stick was my 300 Mogo true 1.

In terms of flex, I've come about as close as you can get. TPS R or Inno 260 is pretty near perfect for me. In terms of blade, no I haven't. I have 3 or 4 sticks that I rotate between, each with different curves. Whenever I use one of them, I remember what I love about it. If I had to stick to one curve, it'd be the Norton, its a more open version of the Drury. Its a beauty, but my backhand suffers from it, and sometimes it causes me to mess up on passes. However, the P13 looks like it could solve this problem.

I think I've found my perfect stick and curve....about 7 or 8 times now! hahaha. I keep finding something I like, use it for awhile, then find something else I realize I like even better. A constant evolution I guess...

RP blades are perfect for me. Awesome for everything. I also think I might have found my perfect flex, as I would like a stick stiffer then an 85 but not quite a 100, so I'm thinking R for TPS sticks, and 260 for Inno. I really hope that flex is good for me because if it is, I will probably be ordering some custom blades with ethier an RLXN10 or a Inno 1100, depending on which has more kick.

I think I've found my perfect stick and curve....about 7 or 8 times now! hahaha. I keep finding something I like, use it for awhile, then find something else I realize I like even better. A constant evolution I guess...

Trust me, I know the feeling. However, if I don't end up breaking it, I'll usually end up going back to a stick that I've given up on or replaced with something better.

I find the 85 flex in a tapered shaft is pretty close to what I think is perfect for me. At the moment I'm speculating I've found the perfect shaft in the L-2. Synthesis would be pretty close if the feel was a bit better. I like their traditional box grip, don't care for the Inno concave.

As for blades, I can't say I have an ideal pattern as I haven't tried alot of the pro blades out there, like the infamous RP. I do like the retail Drury alot, thank goodness it's retail. Only thing is I'm having a hard time finding them in a comp. Synthesis. I didn't think they were that popular, so whoever the few people who like the pattern here might be stocking up.

Nope, not even come close, I don`t buy enought sticks. I thought i fell in love with the Pro Moginly, but I Don`t like the profile of the blade. Then the Erat, but I`ve never tried it. THe Hull in left looks tempting as well as the Roberts Pro, and for some reason the Retail Moginly looks temping for some reason. As for flex, I need something in between 300 and whip tps.

The Inno 260, TPS R flex for me and the best blade has been the Stacey Roest Easton wood t-flex. I just need to lower the lie a bit. Somehow I need to put that blade on my alpha and I'll be fine.

i switch up between kariya and whitney-pro patterns. i use about a 105-110 (240-220 inno) flex. i'm still looking for a decent standard shaft to use.

Nothing I've tried blade-wise works better for me all around than the Inno Kovalev pattern. I've already stocked up on tapered blades given some of the rumors going around. I prefer my Mission shaft / Inno blade combo to the Inno OPS's I've used, so all in I'd have to say that I'm not searching the ends of the earth for something better.

Still havent found a perfect curve, but the closest has been a Parrish XN10. Its got like no curve, but i love it for some reason...

95 flex, Small mid curve, and about a 5 lie. Only problem is his sticks are so damn small...

I love the Sakic pattern on Synergys. It's almost perfect for me. As far as flex goes, 100 is good for me, but I'd really like to try around a 95 flex.

For flex i like to use around a TPS whip or an Inno 300. I have tried all kinds of curves, but havent found anyone i like is specific. I do like the Tkachuk curve, but i want a little more curve ot it.

I found the perfect flex in the whip R2Xn10...still lookin for a blade. The perfect blade IMO is the NEW daze pattern...it looks like a toe with loft, with like around 5 lie, but it doesn't come in tapered, and I'm not dextrous enough with tools to try to shave the hosel down.

I've found the almost perfect curve and lie in the Bauer Lindros. I recently changed my skating stance so as to bend more at the knees, like I'm sitting on my haunches, and the 5 lie is working wonders for me. I need an 85 flex, and I might pickup a Lindros 87 TFG if I can scare up the money. To be perfect though, it would have to be a bit less curved, still with pretty much no loft though...

After years of using the Bananahan (still like it) and then switching to an Inno Mogilny, I think I found a happy medium with a TPS Nash pattern. As far as flex goes, I like a 260/Regular flex. I'm really needing to stock up on some R2 Nash's for my Mission L-2 shaft.

I found the perfect flex in the whip R2Xn10...still lookin for a blade. The perfect blade IMO is the NEW daze pattern...it looks like a toe with loft, with like around 5 lie, but it doesn't come in tapered, and I'm not dextrous enough with tools to try to shave the hosel down.

Also the fact that it would leave the stick feeling extremely blade heavy. I tried an R@ woddy in R2XN10 and couldn`t stand it, nice feel though.

I really like what flex my Larinov response is. Its his shaft with and 8 inch wood plug. so its pretty dam flexy. around 80. So my perfect stick would be a tapered shaft(TPS) with a curve simular to a modo with a little bit more curve