Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James

Alfredsson's shot on Niedermayer

I'm hoping for more DON CHERRY. Him and Hull were a riot. Don't get CBC, so can't enjoy the Drapes as often as I'd like.

Alfredsons most classless act was giving up on the game winning goal in the first game with the score tied and minutes left, as he and the puck carrier crossed the blue line. That's what I would consider the beginning of the end for Ottawa.

As for shooting the puck at the opposing player what penalty are you going to call? Intent to injure, come on guys will throw themselves in front of those at point blank range all day long.

When I played box lacrosse this was a favourite move for Six Nations. Winding up and letting a shot fly from outside and ringing it right off the defending players cage from 5-10 feet away. It was basically just a parts check of the other team. Judging if they were men or mice, a way of getting there attention persay. It had the potential to swing momentum one way or the other depending on the receiving teams reaction. This was kids as young as 14 years of age. I never saw a penalty called for taking the shot, saw more than a few called for the ensuing reactions.

Class act by Alfredson no, punishable? only if you reallly want to reach.

I will give Pronger credit for the way he handled his punishment. It was wrong, he got hurt, I got what I deserve and I wish it hadn't happened. That's manning up.

As for shooting the puck at the opposing player what penalty are you going to call? Intent to injure, come on guys will throw themselves in front of those at point blank range all day long.

It was called unsportsmanlike earlier in the season against Turco. Odeline was suspended for it. I've heard Emery did it in the minors with a suspension, but haven't found a link.

You don't call it on blocked shots, but when it's this blatant and obvious, it needs to be called.

Yes, but it's Their Choice to drop in front of a shot.. This wasn't Niedermeyer's Choice.

I will give Pronger credit for the way he handled his punishment. It was wrong, he got hurt, I got what I deserve and I wish it hadn't happened. That's manning up.

I agree, and making the lame excuse that the puck was in my feet and stopped moving, is pretty chickenshit in my book

Yes, but it's Their Choice to drop in front of a shot.. This wasn't Niedermeyer's Choice.

I agree, and making the lame excuse that the puck was in my feet and stopped moving, is pretty chickenshit in my book

The only reason why Pronger responded to the suspension the way he did was because Burke has him on a string. Kudos to him either way, I still don't understand why Vancouver ever let Burke go.

Oh I hope Alfie in the next game shoots the puck at him again gets the rebound of him and redirects in the net with his skate, now then will have something to talk about.

ALFIE ALFIE !

look to have him the best game of the series tomorrow

Yea it should be a match with intent to injure......does he really need to test whether scott niedermayer is a "man" given his resume? I see no other motive.

Hopefully he runs up and touches the Cup when they're giving it to Anaheim, sealing their fate.

Hopefully he runs up and touches the Cup when they're giving it to Anaheim, sealing their fate.

No no, he will shoot at it, but in such way that the puck will carve out his name in it, cuz you know Alfie has a magic shot and then fly away on his magic carpet

Then he'll get chased down like Pronger, just like the big guy chased Shooter McGavin at the end of "Happy Gilmore," then catches a crippling elbow and he can share the wheelchair with McAmmond.

Just look at the playoffs and see that the team most willing to break the rules is the one about to win the championship.

Stanley Cup Champions

1970- Boston Bruins

1972- Boston Bruins

aka the Big Bad Bruins

1974- Philadelphia Flyers

1975- Philadelphia Flyers

aka the Broad Street Bullies

They did give a stat the other night along the lines that other than 2 Philly teams from the broad street bully days, Anaheim would be only the 3rd team to lead the regular season in penalty minutes and win the cup.

i cant find it but the replay i saw of the incident was during the intermission and its a clear view of his face, he looks up and adjusts it while staring at niermeyer no question he meant to hit him any one who disagrees must be blind. im no saying that prongers elbow in game 3 was ok as it is another cheapshot play and the league needs to be consistent on clamping down on all plays that are with intent to injure

i'm pretty sure everybody here except for one person agrees that he's an ass for doing it. but oh well...the ducks know that they need to just move on and win the thing. that will be the ultimate payback for that dick move.

I am watching game 4 right now and at the end of the second period Alfredson took a slap shot directly at Niedermeyer. How long do you think he will be suspended?

No suspension. Dickhead move but he won't get anything.

When I played box lacrosse this was a favourite move for Six Nations. Winding up and letting a shot fly from outside and ringing it right off the defending players cage from 5-10 feet away. It was basically just a parts check of the other team. Judging if they were men or mice, a way of getting there attention persay. It had the potential to swing momentum one way or the other depending on the receiving teams reaction. This was kids as young as 14 years of age. I never saw a penalty called for taking the shot, saw more than a few called for the ensuing reactions.

Translation: When I played box lacrosse I was a dick.

Why? Some guy from the reservation rang a shot off my cage once or twice to see how I would react makes me a "dick". So is Niedemeyer a dick because he reacted when Alfredson took one at his shins?

Why? Some guy from the reservation rang a shot off my cage once or twice to see how I would react makes me a "dick". So is Niedemeyer a dick because he reacted when Alfredson took one at his shins?

No, Alfredsson was a dick for shooting at him, Neidermeyer was reacting to a dirty play intended to injure (and if you tell me it wasn't intended to injure, then you must also believe that it was an accident, because you don't fire off a slapshot at someone thinking, "hope this wakes them up")

What you described in Lacrosse was a dick move, what alfredsson done was a dick move.

It will not be the first or last dick move a hockey player makes, but that does not make it any better

You initially said you were the one shooting, not the one getting hit. What the hell is your story?

You initially said you were the one shooting, not the one getting hit. What the hell is your story?

Actually, he said it was a favorite move for Six Nations. He didn't say he played for them.

he wont, im happy about alfie shootin at him, hopfully he'll lay him out, and the league dont look at stupid stuff like that anyways, ive never heard of anyone getting suspended for shooting the puck at someone

Well I hate every single player on the Ducks as well as just the entire franchise in general, so any cheap shot to any Duck player is 'music to my ears'. I would say the Ducks are owed a few with the crap they shell out season after season.

how could you hate every player on a team? what about selanne? hes done nothing but worked his arse off and is a great player all around? im sure you were already bashed for this but i dont want to go through 9 pages right now. god comments like this make me mad