Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

There was a community day held in BC over the weekend for some special people invited to play this game. Other than a few tidbits about the game, one interesting fact is that Shea Weber was there and signed some supposedly new Easton sticks not even available to NHL guys yet.

Here is the link to a photo of Shea signing.

Shea signs Eastons

Anyone know if it's true this stick is not available yet?

Here's what the guy who attended said...

"After we played NHL 08 For a couple of hours we hit the Ice with none other then Shea Weber from the Nashville Predators. While at the same time we recived the Latest hockey sticks from Easton. These sticks are so new not even NHL players can get there hands on them yet/ ( Easton Stealth )"

Link to the EA forum thread

There was a community day held in BC over the weekend for some special people invited to play this game. Other than a few tidbits about the game, one interesting fact is that Shea Weber was there and signed some supposedly new Easton sticks not even available to NHL guys yet.

Here is the link to a photo of Shea signing.

Shea signs Eastons

Anyone know if it's true this stick is not available yet?

Here's what the guy who attended said...

"After we played NHL 08 For a couple of hours we hit the Ice with none other then Shea Weber from the Nashville Predators. While at the same time we recived the Latest hockey sticks from Easton. These sticks are so new not even NHL players can get there hands on them yet/ ( Easton Stealth )"

Link to the EA forum thread

It just looks like a regular cnt stealth nothing special just by looking at the picture

Easton has something new coming that they were planning to have ready for the start of the season.

Great videos. Finally get to see some real gameplay. The new skating engine looks pretty slick.

In case anyone is wondering, I read that you can turn off the 'create a play' arrows when you're playing a game. Some people might think it's too arcade like or know the play well enough to not need the visual help.

Great videos. Finally get to see some real gameplay. The new skating engine looks pretty slick.

In case anyone is wondering, I read that you can turn off the 'create a play' arrows when you're playing a game. Some people might think it's too arcade like or know the play well enough to not need the visual help.

They keep making it so tough... I've loved 2K's game mechanics, but I'm a big set play guy... Grr...

One game (or two games, rather) that I'll have to wait 'til the reviews are in to pick up.

My brother (the goalie) just drooled at the options. I think it's pretty funny how the even have the rocker for skates.. But still, looks very cool.

i can't wait to play around with the curves and such, damn this game is looking awesome. i've never pre-ordered before, does anybody know if pre-ordering means that they will ship the game out to me the day it goes on sale in stores or if they will send it to me when they send it to stores? just wondering if that means i'm gonna have to wait an extra week when i could drive to the store and buy it.

Every game I've pre-ordered it's been sent to me when it had went on sale. I don't know how EA works their games as I have never pre-ordered from them, but I would expect you to get it shipped out the day it is released.

I usually buy both anyway but I have to say that EA is coming to play this year.

Just bought a 360 elite with my bonus check. I can't wait.

IMO, with all these stick tricks and all the different controls, they should implement the warmup before the game, you could select a player and do warmup drills and have the potion to skip it...

That could be cool...

IMO, with all these stick tricks and all the different controls, they should implement the warmup before the game, you could select a player and do warmup drills and have the potion to skip it...

That could be cool...

From watching the earlier create-a-player video it looks like they'll have some kind of drills you can do when you're testing out your equipment choices.