Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

I thought that's why they picked him. If they mangled his face who would really know? Most people will just think 'Ew, yeah, that's him alright.'

I'm not sure if this pic answers it (or even if it's real) but I think this is the new jersey style.

NHL 07 Crosby pic

Its beyond me how they came so close to making a computer character as ugly as Brind'amour

nothing new there, there's been a Brind'amour look-alike for years:

tx.brindamour3.jpg

0007fae7.jpg

he was young, fresh in from the Sahara and all of his friends were back home and he just left St louis for philly... what is a young camel playing hockey in the US to do? Advertise cigarettes!

Yes, you will likely manage both at the same time ala MVP Baseball 05. Common sense suggests that sending your players down now will actually mean something depending on their performance with the AHL club.

some updated info on NHL 08

Most important features

The skill stick offers you great times (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2)

Shoot, deke and pass your way from the other end of the rink to the other with great attacks. Let your opponent feel the massive body checks or take away the puck with a simple touch of the right analog stick.

Improved AI (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2)

New goalie AI helps the goalies to predict one-timer shots and stop attempts at the net with his stick. The CPU players' improved logic makes puck handling and on-the-fly line changes easier.

Make your own game strategy (Xbox 360 and PS3)

Choose the team you'd like in the training mode and teach the CPU players what offensive and other patterns you want them to use in which situation. Do you want to feed your defender on the line with a one-timer? Record exact patterns for each player and follow the CPU players executing them in the game.

Renewed skating engine (Xbox 360 and PS3)

New speed control, controlled by the analog stick, gives you the opportunity to impact the players skating - slide into the offensive zone or burst by the opponents defender. Totally renewed skating animations and sensitivity make it possible to keep the pace or make sharp turns instantly.

Realistic player comminucation (PS2)

The communication in multiplayer mode is directly from real hockey - ask for an assist by tapping the ice with the stick.

Also includes the AHL (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2)

Choose your favourite out of 29 American Hockey League teams and battle to win the Calder Cup. Also playable is our great SM-liiga and the international teams.

so now it looks like the AHL and the Euro leagues are fully playable for next gen and current gen.

http://www.suomi.ea.com/games/10967/gameinfo/

Sm-Liiga? i'd rather have the elitserian in there over the sm-liiga... i played more with the elitserian...

maybe there will be the elitserian as well since they had the license for that and the DEL since 2004.

Yeah, hopefully they work on these kinds of details and rights and get them squared away with the quickness.

From Calgary's Fan 960 Radio:

New Create-A-Player feature - When you choose your equipment for your player, specifically sticks, you can put him on practice ice to see the differences of having different stick curves, etc; (I actually suggested this idea too :))

nothing on whether or not you can do that to NHL/AHL players though.

New Create-A-Player feature - When you choose your equipment for your player, specifically sticks, you can put him on practice ice to see the differences of having different stick curves, etc; (I actually suggested this idea too :))

That sounds fun to you? Something tells me EA were running low on their think tank for new features...

That sounds fun to you? Something tells me EA were running low on their think tank for new features...

Low on their think tank?

Hardly.

If this is a hint that there is a possible Superstar mode like Madden then that's great, but if it's not and it's just an extra little C-A-P feature that's cool too.